ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Niemann talks latest Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Q: What all did you get to do at Iowa on Saturday?

NIEMANN: When we got there, we met with all of the coaches, including Coach Ferentz, and then we went through all of the facilities and had a presentation in the weight room. Then we got to go down on the field when they warmed up and see the locker rooms and try on jerseys and everything. Then we watched the spring game. Afterwards, me and Kyle Taylor went out and talked to Ben (Niemann) and Miles (Taylor), who both play. Then after that we went inside and ate with them.

Q: What was it like talking to Kyle Taylor kind of being in a similar situation with Iowa recruiting you and an older brother playing for them?

NIEMANN: It was cool. I had talked to him over social media before, but yesterday was the first time I’ve met him in person and I liked him. He seems like a cool kid. We talked about playing together and thought it would be pretty cool, but we’re both kind of on the same page of making sure of what we want to do and that we’re solid with it and everything.

Q: What are your thoughts on Iowa at this point?

NIEMANN: I like Iowa a lot and I can see myself there, but I’m just going to make sure I know exactly what I want to do and there’s no question about it. I want to look at every school and all of my options before I make a decision.

Q: What was it like watching Ben now that he is starting at outside linebacker?

NIEMANN: It was good. I like watching him play and I’m happy for him. I know he loves it there, so it’s good.

Q: Is that the same position they see you playing if you go there or is it a different linebacker spot?

NIEMANN: It sounds like I would be inside if I played linebacker, but there’s been discussions about defensive end, tight end, or linebacker. There hasn’t been a set position yet of what I would play if I would choose to go there.

Q: Any preference for you?

NIEMANN: I don’t have a preference. I think I would just do what they felt was best for me because I just want to go where I can play the earliest and help the team. I’m comfortable with any of those positions.

Q: You also picked up a new offer from Wisconsin in the last couple days. What were your thoughts on getting that one?

NIEMANN: I went on a visit there last Sunday and the facilities were really nice and stuff. They just got a new coaching staff and I like all of them. They’re really good people. They said they were going to talk it over as a staff when I met with Coach Chryst and then Friday they contacted me and let me know they were going to offer me, so I was excited. It’s great to get an offer from a place like that that’s been so successful and it means a lot.

Q: With spring football over at most places, what is next for you recruiting wise?

NIEMANN: I haven’t looked too far ahead really. I’ve been to most of the schools, but I’m sure I’ll go up to Wisconsin another time or two and Iowa, Illinois, and Iowa State again too.

Q: Are you still targeting a summer decision or when do you think it might be?

NIEMANN: I’m just going to make a decision when I’m comfortable with it, I know it’s what I want to do, and when it feels right. I’m hoping that it will be towards the beginning of the season or before it hopefully.

Q: What are the main factors for you when you go to commit somewhere?

NIEMANN: The most important thing for me is the people I would say because that’s who you’re going to be around is the players, the coaches, the administration, the academic people, and everything. That’s what means the most to me.

Link: Nick Niemann Profile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News