ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Saban says Texas A&M bought their class

what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

Exactly. His bag man advantage is disappearing now that the teams who refused to cheat can start paying players, too.
I'm in a weird spot.

1. He's right, and the fact that Jimbo keeps pretending no one's gotten a dime just makes me despise that man even more. Just admit it. Yes, we have tons of oil money from businesses here who love our players and believe they can help their businesses. It's within the rules and we'd be stupid not too. This whole schtick he and people like Deion have taken where they pretend they're above using NIL to their advantage is just stupid.

2. Saban isn't the kind of voice who gets sympathy. We all hate you too dude and we're sick of the way Tuscaloosa worships the football program the way it does. You can both go to Hell.

I'm in a weird spot.

1. He's right, and the fact that Jimbo keeps pretending no one's gotten a dime just makes me despise that man even more. Just admit it. Yes, we have tons of oil money from businesses here who love our players and believe they can help their businesses. It's within the rules and we'd be stupid not too. This whole schtick he and people like Deion have taken where they pretend they're above using NIL to their advantage is just stupid.

2. Saban isn't the kind of voice who gets sympathy. We all hate you too dude and we're sick of the way Tuscaloosa worships the football program the way it does. You can both go to Hell.

This . . . Saban is just salty because he can no longer get all the top recruits with little competition.

Saban complaining about this reminds me of when Saban complained about hurry up offenses and then proceeded to adopt a hurry up offense.

Consequently, his teams proceeded to execute that hurry up offense better than most and he continued to dominate college football.

Saban was speaking to a room full of boosters when he was making these statements. He wasn't crying about it. He was telling them that they need to get their shit together and up their game.

Saban complaining about this reminds me of when Saban complained about hurry up offenses and then proceeded to adopt a hurry up offense.

Consequently, his teams proceeded to execute that hurry up offense better than most and he continued to dominate college football.

Saban was speaking to a room full of boosters when he was making these statements. He wasn't crying about it. He was telling them that they need to get their shit together and up their game.
Bingo.

This is Nick’s way of rallying his troops (boosters, administration) and basically telling the CFB world, “I didn’t want to go down this path, but now I have to and I’m going to lay waste to y’all in a different way.”

I actually kind of love the whole fight. It’s fun watching those douche bags tear each other down.
Hopefully it'll actually get the media to investigate all the shenanigans the SEC is up to. Certainly ESPN isn't going to, because they've decided SEC is their bell cow; but maybe other networks who'd like to see the SEC taken down a notch will.

Well, the TAMU vs Bama game just got a whole lot more interesting. If either gets the chance to run up the score, I believe they will.

Jimbo was much more like Nick than Bobby, so he is full of shizznit. Plus Nick said they didn't break any laws.
Bobby would have laughed and said we’re just following the rules. Take it up with the NCAA.

Bobby would have laughed and said we’re just following the rules. Take it up with the NCAA.
yeah, I don't get why Jimbo is so offended unless he knows that he's violated the rules in some way (If there are even any rules) and that he knows Saban knows he did so. Otherwise why is he so afraid to say, yeah NIL deals have been made available to players and any player coming here should know there are great ones available from businesses around here. My only guess is that they just flat out wrote checks without any semblance of NIL and he doesn't want that coming out.

Reactions: mnole03
I'm confused over what NCAA football purports to be now. Is it professional? Is it semi-professional? Is every athlete a free agent every year? Some players up and decide they are more concerned with the draft than playing?

I'm in a weird spot.

Jimbo doesn't want to cop to a $35 million payroll because that would mean there are expectations that he should win games.

NIL really is an unfolding disaster, both because of what it is and because the NCAA has so definitively had its balls cut off that they cannot even pretend to enforce the one fictional rule that they'd tried to set up to make it sound like it had some semblance of oversight (ie, that the school can't be the facilitator of these things).

Saban is actually right. Now I don't have any idea whether Alabama is complying with the fictional rule because their prior bag network was so well established as to have become self-sustaining without the university. But I can certainly get why they're acting hot and bothered that others like Sanders so clearly are not.

Honestly, Alabama will get their recruits just fine and dandy. The real thing Saban is bitching about is that NIL and transfer portal undercut his power to hold on to them in reserve.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT