ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley planning Feb. 15 launch for 2024 White House bid

I eagerly await the moment where she has the courage to say something negative about Turd.

That's not happening.

Reactions: BelemNole
Before the Trump era, I thought she would be the first female POTUS because the first female will have to be a Republican — too many R’s and I’s think of Hillary when it comes to liberal women to win a general election.

But there’s no way she’ll win the nomination here. She’s running to be Trump’s VP which is pretty gross. Used to think pretty highly of her but like every other R, bent over for Trump when he demanded.

Way early....Obama was a long shot in 2007.

This polling was from June 2007....further along in the process than now.

Lets see where she is in June...

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton established her lead among the Democratic candidates early in the process. Since January there have been two occasions when Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who has been in second place during most of 2007, came within striking distance of Clinton in Gallup Polls, but she has otherwise maintained her lead, which has ranged from 9 to 19 percentage points. In Gallup's latest poll, conducted June 11-14, 2007, Clinton leads Obama by 11 points among Democrats (33% to 21%).

I agree with you that polls are meaningless this early. But I don't see her having the ability to overcome these initial deficits. Money, fame, and personality are what Rs crave these days. I don't see her with much of any of these traits.

Before the Trump era, I thought she would be the first female POTUS because the first female will have to be a Republican — too many R’s and I’s think of Hillary when it comes to liberal women to win a general election.

But there’s no way she’ll win the nomination here. She’s running to be Trump’s VP which is pretty gross. Used to think pretty highly of her but like every other R, bent over for Trump when he demanded.
Liz Cheney could have been POTUS contender in a normal GOP.

I agree with you that polls are meaningless this early. But I don't see her having the ability to overcome these initial deficits. Money, fame, and personality are what Rs crave these days. I don't see her with much of any of these traits.
She has a tough hill to climb...no argument.

Reactions: Huey Grey
She has been my preferred candidate for two years now. I think she wins the nomination and becomes the next POTUS.

She is very smart, articulate, and a great communicator. Also very tough. She will be a great president.
She's a coward who won't stand up for her beliefs. Pick someone that will.

I think she's more of a threat to take the WH in 2024 than DeSantis. We'll see...

It'll be harder for the D's to vilify her than Ron. Much harder...
I'll be watching to see how hard - if at all - she goes after Trump or DeSantis. If she is respectful toward either, that might mean she's angling for a VP spot with them.

That's not to say she doesn't really want to be prez, but if she's realistic, she shouldn't burn bridges to second spot on the ticket. After all, she's young enough to run for prez after serving as VP.

Another thought is that Trump can only serve 1 term. So being his VP offers a quicker path to the WH.

Reactions: BelemNole
I'll be watching to see how hard - if at all - she goes after Trump or DeSantis. If she is respectful toward either, that might mean she's angling for a VP spot with them.

That's not to say she doesn't really want to be prez, but if she's realistic, she shouldn't burn bridges to second spot on the ticket. After all, she's young enough to run for prez after serving as VP.

Another thought is that Trump can only serve 1 term. So being his VP offers a quicker path to the WH.
I could see he being Ron's VP......not Trumps.

Trump will pick Lake or MTG or Santos or another whack job....

Way early....Obama was a long shot in 2007.

This polling was from June 2007....further along in the process than now.

Lets see where she is in June...

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton established her lead among the Democratic candidates early in the process. Since January there have been two occasions when Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, who has been in second place during most of 2007, came within striking distance of Clinton in Gallup Polls, but she has otherwise maintained her lead, which has ranged from 9 to 19 percentage points. In Gallup's latest poll, conducted June 11-14, 2007, Clinton leads Obama by 11 points among Democrats (33% to 21%).

Thank you for bringing some common sense on this haha. No one has any idea who will get the nomination because it is WAY too early. There will be some candidates that are polling well that fall back and those who aren’t polling well move up.

Politically this is smart for Haley as others have mentioned on getting her name out there as she has been in the background for a couple of years now.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
A short while ago, we had a preference poll comparing Haley and Pompeo.

Not only did Nikki slaughter Pompeo, but she was equally preferred by left and right.

Should we do a similar heat-to-head with Trump and Nikki?

Why would us Dems need to vilify her? Trump is already working on his zingers, put downs, and ethnic slurs. Ron will just be slightly more clever in his than Trump.
All he has to do is call her Nimrata. Having a real name that is foreign and sounds like an insult on it's own will be enough for the right wing bigot base

Reactions: Huey Grey

I liked and would have voted for Amy K. Not once did I think of Hillary.

Edit: I also liked and would have voted for Tulsi. Didn’t ever think of her as Hillary 2.0.

I’d for her over Trump or Desantis.

I don’t think she has a chance though.

She has been my preferred candidate for two years now. I think she wins the nomination and becomes the next POTUS.

She is very smart, articulate, and a great communicator. Also very tough. She will be a great president.
She was on the Trump train. Either she's not very smart, or she has no moral compass. (Could be both.) Either of those should be disqualifying.

My question is why?

Seriously look at your party, look at the polling on the matter. You are behind by like 40 points.

If it's not Trump it will be Desantis. No one else even comes close and the only way it's not one of those two is if both of their planes collide with one another in mid air.
Which would be nice.

She's a spring chicken comparatively :)

I just checked this and it helps greatly that Nikki Haley's birthday is on January 20th which makes such comparisons REALLY easy since I don't have to figure out the days. Therefore she will turn 53 on inauguration day 2025.

But if she was elected she would be younger than all but 17 of our presidents when they were inaugurated.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
My question is why?

Seriously look at your party, look at the polling on the matter. You are behind by like 40 points.

If it's not Trump it will be Desantis. No one else even comes close and the only way it's not one of those two is if both of their planes collide with one another in mid air.
The only hope I have is that DeSantis and Trump fight with each other like crazy in the primaries and split the republican crazy vote allowing a more moderate to appear by themselves and take it from them both. I don't see either Trump or DeSantis conceding to stop it. So maybe it could happen. I don't see it happening, but it could. I may keep my Republican registration just so I can throw one more vote for someone other than those two in Florida. It likely won't help at all, but who knows.

The only hope I have is that DeSantis and Trump fight with each other like crazy in the primaries and split the republican crazy vote allowing a more moderate to appear by themselves and take it from them both. I don't see either Trump or DeSantis conceding to stop it. So maybe it could happen. I don't see it happening, but it could. I may keep my Republican registration just so I can throw one more vote for someone other than those two in Florida. It likely won't help at all, but who knows.

It's not happening. The combined polling numbers for Trump and DeSantis are probably close to 75% of the party. Even if all the non crazies all got behind Haley it's just not enough.

• Sad
Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT