ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and the Big Ten opener at Kinnick Stadium

cidsports

HB King
How would you rate this year's opener at Kinnick Stadium coming out of a pandemic season with no fans?

Indiana’s Michael Penix Jr.

How have you prepared for the NIL changes?

“Right now, that’s one of the last things I’m thinking about. To be honest, I’m really about making the team better and how can I make myself better. That stuff will come later. If you play well, those things will present themselves. First thing I really want to make sure is that the team is doing the best we can. Now this is something that’s good and everybody loves it. …But I’ve tried not to wrap my head around any of it. I want to make sure I’m focused on the right things.” - reported by The Athletic

Flash back to Iowa's last pandemic.

In Year 1 of the Spanish Flu, Iowa ended the 1918 season 6-2. Interesting, when you flash forward to the Hawkeyes 2020 season. Two cancelations due to the latest pandemic,Iowa ended 6-2, as well.

Iowa was undefeated in 1921 and 1921 after the Spanish Flu pandemic ended in early 1920.

Iowa has reached five for a regular season now.

How B1G is the reboot at Kinnick Stadium on September 4th against Indiana?

Plenty of Hoosier fans are expecting a strong game from their IU team. The excitement is really fueled by the return of QB Penix.

Of course, this is a team that was beat by Ole Miss in a bowl game. But, that was an SEC program and other than Ohio State, the Big Ten isn't the SEC seems to be the par course for many in the Hoosier fan base.

Will Iowa take out the trash in Week 1 at Kinnick Stadium?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News