ADVERTISEMENT

NIL isn't the problem . . .

When Axios says someone is barely Conservative than they aren't in fact Conservative. The political spectrum over probably the past 10-15 years has moved very much to the left. Both John Roberts and Kavanaugh and honestly one can make the argument that ACB are all classically liberal.
After what’s going on with Roe V Wade @Madhawk83 you still feel they’re leaning left? I’m done debating your ass over here so I’ll take it to the OT board.

OMG!!!! Are you being serious?!? That is the most excellent example of of the pot called the kettle black! The left is so out of control and they are nuts. Just look at what is going on, my God you guys are crazy as crazy can be.
Getting rid of Roe V Wade is totally normal and cool, great for society.

Reactions: littlez
Many pro-choice scholars, in fact, believe Roe v. Wade to be very poor constitutional law. Lost in all the rhetoric is the fact that there’s really no reason voters in each state shouldn’t be able to determine abortion for themselves. Acting like this is some kind of power grab by the current court is dishonest.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Many pro-choice scholars, in fact, believe Roe v. Wade to be very poor constitutional law. Lost in all the rhetoric is the fact that there’s really no reason voters in each state shouldn’t be able to determine abortion for themselves. Acting like this is some kind of power grab by the current court is dishonest.
I actually either directly know or know people who know liberal law experts who say that Roe V Wade was wrongly decided and these people that acknowledge that are pro-choice people. So overturning Roe V Wade is absolutely the right decision on just a legal level. That has nothing to do with Conservative vs not Conservative Court.

Reactions: hawk224
It is actually, all of those things. As far as normal goes we have the most loose laws regarding abortion in basically the whole would so yes it's certainly normal. Roe V. Wade is not normal in any sense

• Haha
After what’s going on with Roe V Wade @Madhawk83 you still feel they’re leaning left? I’m done debating your ass over here so I’ll take it to the OT board.
I never said they were leaning left? re you incapable of having a discussion without being dishonest in your debate? I don't debate people who strawman at all so enjoy your self debate. BTW Roe V Wade was a bad decision on just a legal stand point. Have an honest discussion with almost any constitutional lawyer left or right and they would agree with that.

• Haha
This entire problem began with the invention of SOCIAL MEDIA.

It gave this generation too much entitlement and less respect.
Social media is late stage capitalism on steroids. It’s the system. Social media is just a product of the system. The more we make higher education corporate, the more what is public is privatized, the worse it gets for everyone, And our democracy goes from being in critical condition, to being terminal.

When Axios says someone is barely Conservative than they aren't in fact Conservative. The political spectrum over probably the past 10-15 years has moved very much to the left. Both John Roberts and Kavanaugh and honestly one can make the argument that ACB are all classically liberal.
So you just said this. If you believe ACB and Kavanaugh are classically liberal I don’t know what to tell you. By the way liberal means you lean left. There’s no straw man here buddy.

So you just said this. If you believe ACB and Kavanaugh are classically liberal I don’t know what to tell you. By the way liberal means you lean left. There’s no straw man here buddy.
That is not the definition of Liberal at all. Leftism and Liberalism are not the same thing. Leftism is almost directly opposed to Liberalism. So maybe you didn't straw man me but you clearly have a fundamental misunderstanding of Liberalism. Don't feel bad you aren't alone a lot of people don't make the distinction between the two. Leftism is illiberal and yes people like Kavanaugh are only "Conservative" because the line has been moved so far to the left. But you did say one thing that was right and that is that this is not the place for this conversation. Feel free to have the last word if you would like.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Social media is late stage capitalism on steroids. It’s the system. Social media is just a product of the system. The more we make higher education corporate, the more what is public is privatized, the worse it gets for everyone, And our democracy goes from being in critical condition, to being terminal.
The crazy thing is you believe your own bullshit, there literally has never been anything that was better when it was public than when it was private.

So when Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barret all said during their confirmation hearings that Roe was a decided law of the land and they wouldn't be going back to re-examine it, they weren't just outright lying?

So when Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barret all said during their confirmation hearings that Roe was a decided law of the land and they wouldn't be going back to re-examine it, they weren't just outright lying?
Ronman are we actually agreeing? Don’t tell anyone. 👍

Reactions: Ronman
Looks like you keep trying to get the last word.
Huh? I wasn't talking to you when I made that comment. I let you have the last word in our discussion the comment I made to this person wasn't even the same conversation. But again you want to argue in bad faith that's pretty damn clear

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT