ADVERTISEMENT

NIL/Portal is to CFB, what Lobbyists are to Politicians.

hawkisoaker

HR MVP
Aug 5, 2011
You have gov't employees (scholarship athletes) being swayed by private $$ that effects many outside that cirlce, to include their teammates. This is classic tax$$ corruption at its best.

So, if these kids really want to play the game, then pull all schollys and let the NIL $$ field the entire team, well see how that works out. This argument of people making billions off these kids is complete garbage. Cashiers don't make what CEOs do, and they sure as he'll aren't paid by tax dollars when doing so. No way should tax payer dollars be supporting athletes who are being influenced and supported by outside private $$.

It's time for push back, for those of you in support of it, have fun. As this thing takes off you will gradually lose the fans, who will move onto professional sports where the best athletes in the world are, vs some suedo NFL called CFB that will never be the same. CFB will be a 15-20 team field, that's it, and the private $$ will go away after it gets bored with that structure.

It's time for CFB & the Universities to push back, organize, and heavily regulate it. Or, say they are not a part of it and elect to opt out of any NIL and Portal access to their student athletes. Make them sign contracts giving up their rights to either in exchange for the traditional schollys of today.

I’ve been lead to believe a good offense is waaayyy more important than a million dollar offer?

At least that’s what “those” fans are saying. I mean wouldn’t you take a good offense over money…..I mean who wouldn’t ?

Is that what I said or is that a deflection? Seems like a deflection. What I said was watch home many go under, which they would if they didn't have access to the income from football.
Most already are under...but aren't going away. Pull scholly $$, travel, food, tutors etc...guessing that adds up. Not all stadiums sellout. And I would guess this NIL will lead to more empty stadiums.

I’ve been lead to believe a good offense is waaayyy more important than a million dollar offer?

At least that’s what “those” fans are saying. I mean wouldn’t you take a good offense over money…..I mean who wouldn’t ?
What is your angle here if not to just simply muddy the waters.

Money and a shitty product lead to this decision.

Most already are under...but aren't going away. Pull scholly $$, travel, food, tutors etc...guessing that adds up. Not all stadiums sellout. And I would guess this NIL will lead to more empty stadiums.

They sure as shit would if schools actually went back to be evaluated as schools.

Who the **** would go to NDSU (example) if they were not a power house.

They sure as shit would if schools actually went back to be evaluated as schools.

Who the **** would go to NDSU (example) if they were not a power house.

Kids go to school for the edu, not the fball program. Have you seen the student sections? Usually empty after halftime, and a few thousand at best.

Kids go to school for the edu, not the fball program. Have you seen the student sections? Usually empty after halftime, and a few thousand at best.
Hahahaha.... you believe that shit? Not a chance in hell. Iook at what has happen to Clemmons and Georgia's enrollment numbers lately.

That shit MAY have been true at one point but it hasn't been that way for years.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r

Academic students, sure,.. Student athletes dreaming of a professional career go to school for the athletic program...

Reactions: Bishop1971
Hahahaha.... you believe that shit? Not a chance in hell. Iook at what has happen to Clemmons and Georgia's enrollment numbers lately.

That shit MAY have been true at one point but it hasn't been that way for years.

Most kids don't go to schools for their fball programs, it certainly helps, but has nothing significant to do with it.

You have gov't employees (scholarship athletes) being swayed by private $$ that effects many outside that cirlce, to include their teammates. This is classic tax$$ corruption at its best.

So, if these kids really want to play the game, then pull all schollys and let the NIL $$ field the entire team, well see how that works out. This argument of people making billions off these kids is complete garbage. Cashiers don't make what CEOs do, and they sure as he'll aren't paid by tax dollars when doing so. No way should tax payer dollars be supporting athletes who are being influenced and supported by outside private $$.

It's time for push back, for those of you in support of it, have fun. As this thing takes off you will gradually lose the fans, who will move onto professional sports where the best athletes in the world are, vs some suedo NFL called CFB that will never be the same. CFB will be a 15-20 team field, that's it, and the private $$ will go away after it gets bored with that structure.

It's time for CFB & the Universities to push back, organize, and heavily regulate it. Or, say they are not a part of it and elect to opt out of any NIL and Portal access to their student athletes. Make them sign contracts giving up their rights to either in exchange for the traditional schollys of today.
We had a supreme court case that decided this already, man shouting at the moon.

I chose colleges, i went to 3, based on what i studied and location. I played 1 year of div 3 basketball. That was enough fir me but i ended uo at Iowa because of cost, educational majors, and location. Being a huge Hawkeye fsn even then had nothing to do with it

I would also say that, an academic student who selects a college based on the presence of a football or basketball program that they won't interact with beyond purchasing a ticket, is an idiot...
Sure are a lot of “idiots” out there getting great educations. Being part of college football saturdays and other social/sporting events plays a big role in why many students go to large universities with successful sports programs. I would have been bored to tears at a small college. I doubt many of those kids you see in the student section at Kinnick passed up free rides to Harvard.

Only thing that will stop all of this is if interest just wanes. But then they jacked the CFP to 12. Might need to bump that up a bit yet.

Doesn't matter..can regulate and/or contract around it.
Ironically…the only pathway is if the NCAA deregulates, so that college athletes can legally be signed and bound to contracts. They’re holding onto that like someone holding onto a tree branch on a flooded river from a legal viewpoint.

The NCAA does not have the legal right to regulate NIL - pure and simple. Any attempt to do so would be struck down by a court so quickly their heads would spin and then they would be held legally liable for that action as well.

Once the supreme court made the decision they did, the only way to reverse that decision is for (1) the court to take up the exact issue again and rule differently. That decision was 9-0, so either the justices would need to change their minds or the court makeup would need to change substantially, none of which is especially likely. The other option, which is unlikely at this point, is (2) congressional action to enact a law regarding NIL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT