ADVERTISEMENT

no B1G games on ESPN after this year?

Big Noon Kickoff > Gameday

ESPN just became a regional sports network. Congrats to them.
I don't disagree, but old habits are hard to break. Not to mention Gameday is still a bigger deal, especially to the causal fan. Perhaps that changes when/if ESPN focuses Gameday on mainly SEC matchups.

B1G just priced out cash strapped ESPN. The Pac 12 might be able to stretch a little more money out of them now and save their conference. ESPN can't afford to be only an east coast time zone network. The B1G being able to put marquee games in all 4 time windows on Saturdays is going to be hard to compete with. Anybody USC and UCLA play will get you the highest rated game of the week from the West Coast. I'm guessing this is what NBC is after.

I disagree. I'm thinking about the household that turns on Gameday to have in the background, but isn't actively listening. Those folks aren't thinking "hey let's turn on Big Noon."
I start the morning with Gameday and then flip over to Big Noon when it comes on. The two best parts of gameday are the intro/Coming to Your City and Lee's headgear pick. Everything in between is meh. Big Noon is a much better show from top to bottom.

You know who the kids are flocking to these days? The Barstool show. That set was packed last year. Just so happens Portnoy is a Big Ten guy too.

ESPN is putting itself into a corner and will lose their grip on CFB, which is a good thing.

I start the morning with Gameday and then flip over to Big Noon when it comes on. The two best parts of gameday are the intro/Coming to Your City and Lee's headgear pick. Everything in between is meh. Big Noon is a much better show from top to bottom.

You know who the kids are flocking to these days? The Barstool show. That set was packed last year. Just so happens Portnoy is a Big Ten guy too.

ESPN is putting itself into a corner and will lose their grip on CFB, which is a good thing.
Corso just turned 87 so he will not likely even be on ESPN any more.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
So they aren't actively watching or listening so why does it matter?
Show me the households that have on ESPN Gameday as "background noise." Doesn't generally happen. There are different group of fans. It's mostly the college age or soon after college, not-marrieds who don't have kids that have weekend activities. Having done through this, the last thing on my mind on a Saturday morning was watching Gameday. Yard needed to be taken care of, kids had soccer game or something else. I could be all wrong on this.

Show me the households that have on ESPN Gameday as "background noise." Doesn't generally happen. There are different group of fans. It's mostly the college age or soon after college, not-marrieds who don't have kids that have weekend activities. Having done through this, the last thing on my mind on a Saturday morning was watching Gameday. Yard needed to be taken care of, kids had soccer game or something else. I could be all wrong on this.
I am a football fan, so confess I have done this. Have tv on and trying to do stuff at the same time. But that was when ESPN was also still showing Big Ten games, so now that they won't be I will be much less inclined to do so. Could Fox please get rid of Brady Quinn and Urban Meyer

Happy for all the fragile candy asses who won't have to be subjected to scary ESPN anymore although I'm sure crying about NBC and CBS will just take it's place. Maybe one day FOX news will start carrying games so you can feel truly safe. It's impressive some of you can even support a team that represents a groomer institution like the University of Iowa in the People's Republic of Johnson County. Such courage... stay strong, snowflakes! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: RothMatt
I have to shop for a new TV deal, any advice would greatly appreciated. I had Dish and Direct for the last 20 years but I doubt they are the best deal going forward.
Amazon Firestick Jailbreak get VPVanish for 2 years 40 snaps and pay for internet and like EA Sports says: Your in the Game!

Reactions: RothMatt
Happy for all the fragile candy asses who won't have to be subjected to scary ESPN anymore although I'm sure crying about NBC and CBS will just take it's place. Maybe one day FOX news will start carrying games so you can feel truly safe. It's impressive some of you can even support a team that represents a groomer institution like the University of Iowa in the People's Republic of Johnson County. Such courage... stay strong, snowflakes! 😂
Man someone started early today.

Thanks?

Someone posted:

Fox Big Noon Kickoff

CBS 3:30 prime game

NBC Saturday night Big Ten football

And then mix in BTN games. Quite the mix.

All on Amish TV too except for BTN. Wide exposure.
What I'm not clear on is if this means Fox is not going to air any prime time B1G games moving ahead? That would seem like a weird thing for them to give up.

I am a football fan, so confess I have done this. Have tv on and trying to do stuff at the same time. But that was when ESPN was also still showing Big Ten games, so now that they won't be I will be much less inclined to do so. Could Fox please get rid of Brady Quinn and Urban Meyer
I think brady quinn is solid.

Would be weird to watch B1G on CBS again. I can barely recall it from when I was a little kid.

Watching this intro (The first two minutes) from CBS gives me the chills. 1985 #1 Iowa against Michigan State. I remember it like yesterday.

And another great CBS intro (first minute) that same year against Ohio State. Never forget how wet that game was at the end.

Jack can think that lmfao. The b1g isn't gonna tolerate them blabbing about nd during b1g games
If you think NBC won't be promoting ND broadcasts during its B!G broadcasts. you are mistaken. Same for promotion of the Big 10 broadcasts during the ND games. NBC payed a crap ton of money for the rights to those games, so they are going to cross promote.

Reactions: hawkcub
ADVERTISEMENT