ADVERTISEMENT

No, Christianity Is Not as Bad as You Think

I really do wish though that at the end of our lives we could put our ashes up next to each other and have the “yep, you wrong” moment. What a freaking game changer that would be! Regardless of how the chips fall.

1) Eternal life is real?! Holy shit! Praise the lord! 10% tithe? Take 50!

or

2) Life really is over?! Holy shit! Hookers and blow time!!!!

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I really do wish though that at the end of our lives we could put our ashes up next to each other and have the “yep, you wrong” moment. What a freaking game changer that would be! Regardless of how the chips fall.

1) Eternal life is real?! Holy shit! Praise the lord! 10% tithe? Take 50!

or

2) Life really is over?! Holy shit! Hookers and blow time!!!!

Yep.

If you're right and atheism is true, you'll never know.

If you're wrong, you may get eternal misery.

You still sure you're "100% on the right path?" :)

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
One can attend both. :)

As a heathen, not in Iowa City! You god damn church goin’ sons of bitches have the damn right of way for parking on Market and Linn St. on Sunday mornings and JFC, you guys start your praying early. How am I supposed to sleep off my hangover and find a parking spot and get to my gravy slathered hashbrowns and eggs at the Hamburg if you’re in singing hymns until 11am?

As a heathen, not in Iowa City! You god damn church goin’ sons of bitches have the damn right of way for parking on Market and Linn St. on Sunday mornings and JFC, you guys start your praying early. How am I supposed to sleep off my hangover and find a parking spot and get to my gravy slathered hashbrowns and eggs at the Hamburg if you’re in singing hymns until 11am?

You or they could attend Church on Saturday night or Sunday evenings.

Easy peasy, broseph.

It didn't. :)

i-think-youre-doing-it-wrong-thats-wrong.gif

You guys (and gals) can argue amongst yourselves.

I mean, the sentiment may be true, but not because The Gospel Coalition says so. The Christianity they support has a history of toxicity. They don't speak for all of Christianity however.

I acknowledge I was generalizing. It’s just that I have been so disappointed and let down by my Trump-supporting Christian family members and friends (as a whole) these past few years. Not to mention the selfish, greedy, phony unchristian Evangelical movement.

I get that and I get that is how a lot of people feel. As mentioned above, it is the opposite of the teachings of Jesus. He loved everyone. He didn't pick his disciples from the "best of the best Jews" he picked some fishermen, tax collector, and others deemed not in high society. Point being we all sin, no matter what it is and you are taught to love all people. Love your neighbor is one of the 10 Commandments and it doesn't say only if they are exactly like you.

The movements surrounding Trump's agenda seem to be from a place of hate and seclusion. As for politics, I have said many times that I am super frustrated with both sides and the divide of America. Civil discourse seems to be dead and the "if you're not with me you are my enemy" mentality is not helpful.

Sometimes in life I have to humor people about their religion. It makes some people seem like adult children to me. It kind of feels similar to what is done with children and Santa.

Reactions: State of Illinois
Yep.

The social sciences aren't on the side of our atheist culture.

Christians live longer, give more to charity, have less depression, lower suicide rates, volunteer more and are happier than secular people are.
It's a secular culture. Christian's need to be in everybody's shit as if America was a Christian nation.

The worrying over the queer community is eating at ya.

Reactions: State of Illinois
I don’t know - my heathen life has been absolutely amazing. I’ve fit more hedonism into 50 years than you or Hoosier could ever dream of and it has been amaze-balls.
Enjoy it now, you can't take it with you.

Reactions: Jake9CNN
“Christianity” was also willing to completely sell out and vote twice for Donald J. Trump, the most un-Christian president in my lifetime, by far.

But hey, keep patting yourselves on the back.
From the article: "In addition to having flaws and sins, churches also have an Enemy whose primary weapon is lies."

This is true, but how come so many Christians fell in love with the biggest liar of all time? Donald Trump.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Every Christian is something else besides Christian. There are so many denominations, that really any time you make a statement that says "Christians are..." you're already wrong.

Christians accept Jesus as their savior, and that's about they only thing you can say and accurately lump them together (even that could probably be debated).

Even when they try to lump Christians politically, they talk about evangelicals...which is a poorly defined segment. About all I can figure is that they're talking about southern baptists, but usually only the white ones...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT