ADVERTISEMENT

No Desmond King Thread? I'll start it.

Let's hope he does not forgo his senior year.

That's honestly my worry is that he's playing so well he'll be NFL bound after the end of this season. Obviously the better he does, the better Iowa does, but man I want to see him for another season after this one for purely selfish reasons.

Unless the Bengals draft him, then do what you will young man!

Two picks, one in the endzone. His kick return at the end of the game gave Iowa a sniff at a chance to getting into field goal range.

The guy has been an absolute stud so far this season.
Dude was money. He's been our best D-back since the 1st day he stepped on the field. Nothing has changed. NFL lock, but not until he graduates! Ha!

Pitt moved Boyd off of him and we had issues with Boyd after that. DK had him puzzled. King's confidence has to be sky high. Mabin struggled but honestly that is probably the best WR Iowa sees this year. He's an NFL lock.

Not sure he has the speed to be a lock for a high enough draft pick to justify him leaving early...or at least I hope.

The dude was on his game tonight. Boyd is a freak and is going to be the best WR we see all year, so I can live with the 10+ catches. None of them were backbreakers really.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
Two picks, one in the endzone. His kick return at the end of the game gave Iowa a sniff at a chance to getting into field goal range.

The guy has been an absolute stud so far this season.

Good job op for starting this well deserved thread. If not for king iowa probably loses this game. Helluva job mr king!!!!

Good job op for starting this well deserved thread. If not for king iowa probably loses this game. Helluva job mr king!!!!

I didn't even mention the numerous times he came up in run support and made tackles. Just an all around great performance from him. He's a special talent.

Reactions: sloehawk
Much deserved. King is a fantastic lock-down-type corner, and he's going to be a great punt returner. He's getting the feel of it in live situations and he's starting to consistently make nice returns when the opportunity is there. I think he takes at least one to the house this year, and I think his return average will be close to tops in the Big Ten. He's a gamer. I'll enjoy watching him on Sundays, but hopefully not until after his eligibility has run out.

Much deserved. King is a fantastic lock-down-type corner, and he's going to be a great punt returner. He's getting the feel of it in live situations and he's starting to consistently make nice returns when the opportunity is there. I think he takes at least one to the house this year, and I think his return average will be close to tops in the Big Ten. He's a gamer. I'll enjoy watching him on Sundays, but hopefully not until after his eligibility has run out.
Agreed on all counts. He looked very comfortable back there and made the right decisions on every punt I thought. Obviously things can change, but he was asked before the season about turning Pro potentially after the year, and at least then he said he was coming back and stated several reasons for doing so, like it wasn't even a legitimate question to be asked. He's real good. We'll see what happens.

Very true. That play almost went unnoticed by the TV announcers. We could have been stuck inside our 10 playing for OT, and King zigs and zags out to the 30 when it looked like nothing was there. Also, hats off to the receiving team on that play for not giving up on their blocks.

Yep, he turned a oh no play into a hey that's not so bad after all. We probably run out of time if he doesn't some how get the botched return out to the thirty.

He was all over the field. On top of the great interceptions, he was in on run support several times.

I dunno, Spievey was really really freaking good. Teams didn't even look in his direction. King might be building that reputation though.
Spievey was good for sure, but I think King has reached that level and still has time to get better, hopefully another year after this year but can't blame him if leaves early.

I thought Lazard was the best receiver Iowa would face this year?

In fact, I was told none if Iowa's receivers would be able to crack ISU'S 2 deeps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT