ADVERTISEMENT

No fans

vgshwk

HR MVP
Sep 1, 2010
If there are no fans why watch it live? Especially if it is a damn 11 am(9 am) west coast. Dvr it and watch on your own time.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkandroll
tenor.gif

I would like to see them allow parents to attend if they want to. You can easily spread a few hundred people in a 70,000 seat stadium.

Reactions: pink shizzle
If there are no fans why watch it live? Especially if it is a damn 11 am(9 am) west coast. Dvr it and watch on your own time.
Idk why fans in attendance would make a difference. I mean I get it fans make the game experience waaaaay better but that won’t change the fact I want to see it live. When my YTTV stream gets 1 minute behind I immediately restart my app so my twitter isn’t ahead of my stream.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Why would anyone watch it live on TV? With commercials and halftime that’s an hour of your life you wasted. Start about an hour after kickoff and fast forward commercials. You catch up to live right at the very end.

Why would anyone watch it live on TV? With commercials and halftime that’s an hour of your life you wasted. Start about an hour after kickoff and fast forward commercials. You catch up to live right at the very end.
I do that sometimes.... have to turn my phone off til I catch up though.

I would like to see them allow parents to attend if they want to. You can easily spread a few hundred people in a 70,000 seat stadium.
I would like to see them allow 10,000 fans into Kinnick. 10,000 could easily spread out safely in Kinnick. Just glad to know they will be playing though. Go Hawks !

Idk why fans in attendance would make a difference. I mean I get it fans make the game experience waaaaay better but that won’t change the fact I want to see it live. When my YTTV stream gets 1 minute behind I immediately restart my app so my twitter isn’t ahead of my stream.
This is absolutely insane. You'd rather have data in the past than in real time? Time in the past and never catches up to the present. Why is everything youre thinking in this moment right now currently in the past? Why are you the way you are? Why did ur mum just text me? Why did she just... [Connection Interruption - Please search YouTube in 3 hours for "Raunchy Ish" for full video] ...

• Haha
Reactions: Eternal Return
I don’t get why people care how others are spending their time that has zero impact on them. What does it matter? Do what you want, but stop trying to tell others what to do.

Fans do make an important part of the viewing experience.
Yeah, I just can't imagine enjoying a college football game on TV without also getting to look at drunk, bare-chested, face-painted dude yelling into the camera.

I would like to see them allow 10,000 fans into Kinnick. 10,000 could easily spread out safely in Kinnick. Just glad to know they will be playing though. Go Hawks !

Hopefully that's what they get to eventually. There was 10k at Notre Dame I think. Chiefs had about 16k I think for their opener. Not sure what the attendance was at Bengals-Browns last night, but they did have fans. One step at a time. An outdoor sport with limited capacity is actually the ideal spot for allowing fans. But my guess is that they will perhaps allow fans if cases trend downward in Iowa. But if having no fans is what it takes for college presidents to get on board, then that's a tradeoff that folks can live with for now.

WTF do fans in the stands have to do with whether you watch it live or recording on TV.

I've seen some pretty shaky "logic" around here, but this may be the most tenuous connection yet. It's like saying "Why go to the bank if there's no mustard in the fridge?".

Reactions: nelly02
I try to do this but you have to stay away from social media. I have seen zero political commercials and I'm way better off for it.

Barta said something like no fans initially, so maybe some weeks in they allow some, but guessing they probably don't allow any.

I am just glad they are playing. I hope it all goes as scheduled and there are few if any road blocks. However.......it is 2020. A perfectly smooth season is incredibly doubtful.
I'm amazed by baseball. A lot of dedicated players.

I try to do this but you have to stay away from social media. I have seen zero political commercials and I'm way better off for it.
You must stay off of YouTube. Freaken Theresa Greenfield commercials. She does this and she will do that. Glad when the elections are over.

Reactions: CaboKP
I would think the social distancing would also apply to the press box, so the usual number of media members (who expect to be allowed to attend) can't be the same, unless some media members sit in the stands.

I am thankful they are playing and I won't miss a game on TV but it's insane that they don't allow 15k or so in a 70k stadium. No reason whatsoever you can't socially distance in that circumstance.

Mask up, wash your hands and live your life.

I am thankful they are playing and I won't miss a game on TV but it's insane that they don't allow 15k or so in a 70k stadium. No reason whatsoever you can't socially distance in that circumstance.

Mask up, wash your hands and live your life.

Darth Vader helmets for all. especially against Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT