ADVERTISEMENT

No football is a good thing

Peckerboy

Team MVP
Aug 28, 2016
I sincerely hope that there is no football until a vaccine is widely available . It would be really ignorant to risk lives when in reality it’s only really a game . For all those who say otherwise , you just really do not get it, it is selfish and does not take into consideration what is best for the overall population . God help you all if you cannot miss one season of football to possibly save lives in the middle of a pandemic . I truly wonder what is going through your heads.

I sincerely hope that there is no football until a vaccine is widely available . It would be really ignorant to risk lives when in reality it’s only really a game . For all those who say otherwise , you just really do not get it, it is selfish and does not take into consideration what is best for the overall population . God help you all if you cannot miss one season of football to possibly save lives in the middle of a pandemic . I truly wonder what is going through your heads.

This is a joke, right? Please god, tell me this is a joke.

The pandemic is over. We have a casedemic now. Same thing happened with H1N1.

This is true. That said, don't appreciate the comment by OP on hoping someone gets COVID and dies.

but yes, it's largely over now other than the casedemic we have going on.

Reactions: pmtdc
Nearly every post in this thread is stupid.

To the OP. Football is way down the list of unsafe activities. Maybe if we weren’t doing the 200 things that are much more likely to spread COVID, I’d agree with you.

To those saying the Pandemic is over, and now it’s casedemic. JFC. I swear this country has had more stupid selfish a-holes than the rest of the earth combined.

signed,

Former conservative that started paying attention

The pandemic is over. We have a casedemic now. Same thing happened with H1N1.

???

It's over? Why aren't there fans in the stands in the NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL games then? I don't remember fans not being allowed to attend games during H1N1.

Why are so many schools and universities doing remote learning still? Why isn't every business and organization open? Why are some restaurants only serving at 25 or 50 percent capacity even in cities where they aren't required to do it? Why do stores like WalMart and Target still require mandatory masks just for shopping if it's over? Why aren't bands playing at big concert venues to huge crowds? I don't recall any of these things happening during H1N1. I also don't remember a thousand people dying each day for six months straight. The estimates for the number of H1N1 cases in 2009/2010 was about 60 million Americans and about 12.5 thousand Americans died.

But, hey, you guys are the experts on this thing. I have no idea how you guys found out that the pandemic was over before everyone else did, but since you did could you let the leaders of the NBA, MLB, and the NFL know that they can start selling tickets and filling up the stands for games again? I ask because it's kind of boring watching those games without the intensity and excitement of crowds. Thanks!

What the heck is a “casedemic”? One big benefit I get from Hawkeyereport now a days is I come on here and get exposed to the latest and greatest talking points and made up theories from the right wing media before they start showing up in my personal life....

This virus caused gym closures, park closures, and athletic activities to be cancelled for like a whole year. If you could add up all the future years of life lost from early heart disease, diabetes, and depression, it might actually exceed the years of life taken by the virus.

This isn't to say we shouldn't wear masks (we should), it's just to say that human beings are morons at recognizing tradeoffs. This was a no-win situation. We should've accelerated a vaccine through challenge trials and we should have locked down the old and obese specifically.

Also, it's time to question the value of allowing such free flowing air travel between us and countries where wild animals known to harbor asstons of viruses (bats) are chopped up and eaten on street corners. Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone returning from a third world country, and that includes China. Get all first world countries on board with that and this wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawkhawk1
This virus caused gym closures, park closures, and athletic activities to be cancelled for like a whole year. If you could add up all the future years of life lost from early heart disease, diabetes, and depression, it might actually exceed the years of life taken by the virus.

This isn't to say we shouldn't wear masks (we should), it's just to say that human beings are morons at recognizing tradeoffs. This was a no-win situation. We should've accelerated a vaccine through challenge trials and we should have locked down the old and obese specifically.

Also, it's time to question the value of allowing such free flowing air travel between us and countries where wild animals known to harbor asstons to viruses (bats) are chopped up and eaten on street corners. Mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone returning from a third world country, and that includes China. Get all first world countries on board with that and this wouldn't have happened.

Someone will challenge you on your whole year comment

One of us clearly doesn’t get it. Better get to your safe place.

Reactions: B1G
Well too bad for you that there is football being played. Iowa will be in Week 4 for HS football, volleyball is playing, cross country, big school golf. College football is playing as is the NFL, some of them even have some fans in the stands.

I sincerely wish that there were no witless pecker-heads like Peckerboy. It is deadly to take decision-making out of the hands of those who make decisions for all the right reasons (individial citizens), and risk lives by vesting that authority in the hands of beauracrats who in reality can't possibly make better decisions for others than others can make for themselves . For all those who say otherwise , you just really are as dumb as you sound. It is selfish and does not take into consideration that others do not share your cartoonish incapacity to think for yourself. God help you all if you cannot allow thinking people to think for themselves. I truly know there is absolutely nothing going through your hollow melons.

Nearly every post in this thread is stupid.

To the OP. Football is way down the list of unsafe activities. Maybe if we weren’t doing the 200 things that are much more likely to spread COVID, I’d agree with you.

To those saying the Plandemic is over, and now it’s casedemic. JFC. I swear this country has had more stupid selfish a-holes than the rest of the earth combined.

signed,

Former conservative that started paying attention

FIFY

That is a sick comment. I'm sure God approves the way you're loving your neighbor as yourself. Shame on you.

Every human on the planet wishes something ill to happen to another human being at some point in their lives. Most adults I would say. Whether people admit to it or not.

Do your own research on the efficacy of flu vaccines and quit listening to the BS spewed by the media. If you don’t want to research, then go back to your basement and stay as viruses have circled this planet since it’s creation. Plus, make sure to wear your mask in your basement and take plenty of Vitamin D3 since you will not see the light of day.

Football is a business based on a game. thousands of jobs at stake. some people want to earn a living and if you take football away from them then you are denying them there basic right to earn a living, pay taxes, and help out illegal immigrants coming into the country by paying their fair share of tax dollars.

it isn't just a game.

Yeah, all those people who work games, don't get it. All those athletes who lost their sports, don't get it.

Do your own research on the efficacy of flu vaccines and quit listening to the BS spewed by the media. If you don’t want to research, then go back to your basement and stay as viruses have circled this planet since it’s creation. Plus, make sure to wear your mask in your basement and take plenty of Vitamin D3 since you will not see the light of day.
Reading something is not researching. Reading a research paper is not researching. Do a freaking paper on it comparing the 2 data points..... that is researching. Through my "researching" I mean article reading, I have seen that the Flu vaccine may minimize systems of Covid while also minimizing the severity of getting the flu in general. Does it prevent the disease, no, does it help with symptoms and longevity of the disease. Yes. The reading of others people research tells me this. As do almost all legitimate medical professionals.

I appreciate Trumps demeanor sometimes, but some of you keyboard tough guys are way to much with the copy cat lines and arrogance. It is really quite amusing.

Reactions: Hawqize
tenor.gif

How is it selfish if players who are over the age of 18 want to play, and coaches who are over the age of 18 want to play? They know the risks, it's their decision, not ours. I think it's more selfish for others to make decisions for those who are capable of making decisions for themselves.

Last edited:

You better not watch the Big 10 news conference tonight. You maybe a tad disappointed.

Yeah, all those people who work games, don't get it. All those athletes who lost their sports, don't get it.
No one has lost anything , football will return eventually and jobs will return , most athletes albeit a few seniors will play eventually ...

but 190,000 deaths are true losses. It’s just a temporary setback ... use your common sense

#painfullyobvioustroll

Reactions: scotthawk1964
ADVERTISEMENT