ADVERTISEMENT

No football is a good thing

No one has lost anything , football will return eventually and jobs will return , most athletes albeit a few seniors will play eventually ...

but 190,000 deaths are true losses. It’s just a temporary setback ... use your common sense
Holy Sh!t. I’m assuming you don’t understand how an economy works or what the implications of another shutdown would have on peoples lives, not to mention the people that have already lost their livelihood.
You sound like a very vocal minority of people my age. Most of us want to open everything up and protect the vulnerable. Others want to continue “quarantine” and play video games while they hold onto a corporate entry level Work from home job or collect unemployment.

No one has lost anything , football will return eventually and jobs will return , most athletes albeit a few seniors will play eventually ...

but 190,000 deaths are true losses. It’s just a temporary setback ... use your common sense

tenor.gif

I sincerely hope that there is no football until a vaccine is widely available . It would be really ignorant to risk lives when in reality it’s only really a game . For all those who say otherwise , you just really do not get it, it is selfish and does not take into consideration what is best for the overall population . God help you all if you cannot miss one season of football to possibly save lives in the middle of a pandemic . I truly wonder what is going through your heads.
@aristotleiowa - is that you???

Reactions: haw-key
I sincerely hope that there is no football until a vaccine is widely available . It would be really ignorant to risk lives when in reality it’s only really a game . For all those who say otherwise , you just really do not get it, it is selfish and does not take into consideration what is best for the overall population . God help you all if you cannot miss one season of football to possibly save lives in the middle of a pandemic . I truly wonder what is going through your heads.
So you are suggesting that stopping something where the black population is represented more strongly that most anything else in America is a good thing? Hmmmm....

#painfullyobvioustroll

wrong guess genius... I obviously did not make it 100% clear to your lame ass when I said it’s only a game .. get over it.. it will be back next year . Maybe you can pick up a new hobby or do something constructive instead of hoping that Iowa plays football in the middle of a pandemic that’s going to kill over 250,000 people .

Reactions: radicalhawk
How is it selfish if players who are over the age of 18 want to play, and coaches who are over the age of 18 want to play? They know the risks, it's their decision, not ours. I think it's more selfish for other to make decisions for those who are capable of making decisions for themselves.

It’s selfish because their actions may be harmful to themselves and others .

It’s also selfish to drive drunk as well but I doubt that you would object to that .

OP is a troll. Just ignore him.

you obviously didn’t read my post or missed my message , there is no trolling going on here... the issue is playing a game versus common sense and not risking people’s lives unnecessarily .

Yeah 85 bodies huddled up together in close proximity watching another 22 players breath, tackle and sweat on each other and then return to the sidelines and mingle with the other players, coaches, trainers and etc... is really way down the list isn’t it,,, maybe throwing in another 15,000 fans in the mix is even better .

really ? Of course a vaccine is not going tI be 100% the answer especially if only 50% are willing to take it but it’s a great start and would go a long way until controlling this pandemic .

Idiot

Yeah 85 bodies huddled up together in close proximity watching another 22 players breath, tackle and sweat on each other and then return to the sidelines and mingle with the other players, coaches, trainers and etc... is really way down the list isn’t it,,, maybe throwing in another 15,000 fans in the mix is even better .

really ? Of course a vaccine is not going tI be 100% the answer especially if only 50% are willing to take it but it’s a great start and would go a long way until controlling this pandemic .
Just look at all the positive cases and dead bodies caused by all the football games that have been played over the past 3 weeks. It's horrifying, I tell you........

So if you hate sports why are you posting on a sports board? Just go to your art shows and have your wine and cheese.

you obviously didn’t read my post or missed my message , there is no trolling going on here... the issue is playing a game versus common sense and not risking people’s lives unnecessarily .
So if you don’t like sports dont watch go to your art auction for your wine and cheese

We on this board want hawkeye football back. So why in the hell are you spilling your political crap and agenda on this board that WANTS football now. Seriously think about why you are on this board. Your schtick isn't funny it's annoying. You are ABSOLUTELY the epitome of a troll.

Reactions: pmtdc

LOFL.

Omg 22* bodies that have all tested negative will be close to each other. Sweat! Fans! People outside! Go back to fortnite.
There is going to be news announced today that you won’t be fapping your pecker to.

OP's handle, pecker, says everything.

Convinced Pecker = aristotle... hard to be @100% sure, as I rediscovered the ignore feature as a result of aristotle’s persistently stupid, highly biased political posting. Let’s all do ourselves a favor and continue to use the ignore feature to kill these silly posts, meant to bait us into a response. They are clearly attention whores with nothing better to do.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
really disappointed ? I guess your a “ tad” disappointed .

Well with the news coming just a few hours later than expected no disappointment here. Make sure to put on a life vest so you don't drown in your tears with the news of football coming back to the Big 10.

Also it is you're not your peckerboy

Reactions: pmtdc
Just look at all the positive cases and dead bodies caused by all the football games that have been played over the past 3 weeks. It's horrifying, I tell you........
A wedding in Maine is linked to 176 covid cases and the deaths of seven people who didn't even attend the wedding. That's how easily the virus is spread. So, your flippant attitude is the kind of ignorance that gets people killed.

Troll.

wrong guess genius... I obviously did not make it 100% clear to your lame ass when I said it’s only a game .. get over it.. it will be back next year . Maybe you can pick up a new hobby or do something constructive instead of hoping that Iowa plays football in the middle of a pandemic that’s going to kill over 250,000 people .
You must feel this strongly about the other 2,600,000 US deaths that happen each year. Stop using a stat to fit your narrative

What the heck is a “casedemic”? One big benefit I get from Hawkeyereport now a days is I come on here and get exposed to the latest and greatest talking points and made up theories from the right wing media before they start showing up in my personal life....

This is a casedemic. Certainly not made up. You can look at most of Europe and see the same occurrence.

ADVERTISEMENT