ADVERTISEMENT

No ICU beds in Montgomery, AL...

We? Are you from Alabama? I'm not. We are fine where I am. Sorry to hear about your troubles

Ah, the old "It's not happening to me, so why should I care about it happening to anyone else?" theme.

Amazeballs that you're incapable of understanding that's EXACTLY how we've ended up with fully 1/3 of the world's documented cases, and >100k dead before Memorial Day....

I don't know if it is resources, but Alabama was one of the states that had to be shamed into shutting some stuff down, and their governor is a Trump sycophant.
200 Covid19 deaths in Texas on Wednesday. But, yeah, we got this thing beat, and time get things wide open again.

link to the Wednesday COVID death total for Texas?

And we know the Covid cases are being under reported in so many parts of the country. Last evening, ABC News had a story about the Navaho Nation in AZ/Utah/NM. Extremely dire situation with no hospitals in the area to accept patients. Hundreds upon hundreds of undocumented cases.

The WH doesn't want the true numbers reported for obvious reasons.

Technically it is a thread specifically about a one area.

I understand that, but I just find it odd to include a Twitter post about one region of a state none of us are from to use to make some kind of broad point about national policy. It would like me posting about a random county in Missouri that is showing declining cases and using that to make some kind of national point.

And we know the Covid cases are being under reported in so many parts of the country. Last evening, ABC News had a story about the Navaho Nation in AZ/Utah/NM. Extremely dire situation with no hospitals in the area to accept patients. Hundreds upon hundreds of undocumented cases.

On the other hand, how about Illinois only designating 111 people out of 100,000 as having recovered from it? Both sides are guilty of manipulation.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I think the number one thing most people down there are hoping is that this does not impact college football being played in Alabama this year. ;)

I was off on daily deaths. Well off. I do not know where I heard that number. However, here is a link to the official Texas site, and their deaths and total case numbers are on a sharp upswing. This is not encouraging for a large state that is now releasing restrictions.
https://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates.shtm

No they’re not. Fact is, Texas is not experiencing a health care crisis. That’s why they are lifting restrictions

Reactions: haw-key

In truth the issues on the Navajo Nation have been covered but underreported. They actually closed Gallup NM for several days

In truth the issues on the Navajo Nation have been covered but under reported. They actually closed Gallup NM for several days
The WH/cons have been pushing a message that virus numbers are overstated/inflated to hurt Trump.

The Navajo Nation issue is just one instance that dispels that myth. And there is little doubt some immigrants and homeless encampments are also likely vastly undercounted.

It's no secret the WH screwed up the initial response. The only unknown is to what degree they screwed up. We will never know.

Reactions: torbee
I was off on daily deaths. Well off. I do not know where I heard that number. However, here is a link to the official Texas site, and their deaths and total case numbers are on a sharp upswing. This is not encouraging for a large state that is now releasing restrictions.

No prob. I’m a Texan so I have somewhat paid attention to the states numbers. The previous highest daily totals were in the 50’s. 200 seemed quite high, and would have represented a dramatic spike. I don’t know about sharp upswing, daily numbers fluctuate, but off memory there probably is positive trendline forming.

I understand that, but I just find it odd to include a Twitter post about one region of a state none of us are from to use to make some kind of broad point about national policy. It would like me posting about a random county in Missouri that is showing declining cases and using that to make some kind of national point.

You really have two options as I see it. Create threads with things you want to share with the board or ignore Joe's threads. I'm sure plenty of people would like to converse with you on the good news associated with Coronavirus.

It amazes me that I have to explain things to adults on here like I'm explaining it to my 5 year old

Last edited:
Well to be fair, blacks overwhelm every system we have...

With how many times we've witnessed people getting in trouble for something they wrote on the internet years ago. It amazes me that people still post these kind of things. Maybe @hawkster03 is some old turd who's in the waning years of his life. These past actions tend to catch up with us in the future.

With how many times we've witnessed people getting in trouble for something they wrote on the internet years ago. It amazes me that people still post these kind of things. Maybe @hawkster03 is some old turd who's in the waning years of his life. These past actions tend to catch up with us in the future.
Well to be fair one of our two major candidates for President said this with no damage.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

I would definitely not call that a sharp upswing in deaths and new cases. Lets see how the next few days go. When numbers go down and anyone is optimistic that's what 'Joe's place and all the other libs say'

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the original story is entirely accurate. That's not to say the situation isn't serious, but it's also not like it was portrayed. A little geography lesson for those not familiar - Montgomery is only an hour and a half south of Birmingham. Prattville is about 15 - 20 minutes north of Montgomery.

This is a press release yesterday (5/21) from the Baptist Hospital Group in the Montgomery area:

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05...yor-steven-reed-shortage-of-icu-beds-comment/

While capacity within intensive care units (ICUs) has been reached throughout this pandemic, this is not uncommon within typical hospital day-to-day operations.

Baptist Health has an inventory of 80 adult ICU beds throughout the health system:
• 16 at Baptist Medical Center East
• 58 at Baptist Medical Center South
• Six (6) at Prattville Baptist Hospital

The availability of these beds is ever-evolving and the number of beds in use changes by the hour. This is the case in a non-COVID environment and remains consistent during the current COVID-19 pandemic. When a patient requires highly specialized treatments or procedures not available locally, Baptist Health transfers many of those patients to UAB Hospital in Birmingham. This is a common practice just as it is for smaller community hospitals in Central Alabama to transfer patients to the tertiary care referral center, Baptist Medical Center South. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Baptist Health has continued practicing these common transfer procedures with non-COVID patients. At this time, no patients have been transferred to Birmingham for COVID-related care.

To be clear, I don't like Alabama, and the daily influx of people we get from there. I'm 22 miles from the border to the west, and 45 miles from the border to the north. I don't think Kay Ivey is the sharpest knife in the drawer, but since she's right there in Montgomery, I figured she would be aware of something like this, and would be her normal reactive self.

She didn't react, and I guess it's because she had better information than others who were sounding the alarm.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the original story is entirely accurate. That's not to say the situation isn't serious, but it's also not like it was portrayed. A little geography lesson for those not familiar - Montgomery is only an hour and a half south of Birmingham. Prattville is about 15 - 20 minutes north of Montgomery.

This is a press release yesterday (5/21) from the Baptist Hospital Group in the Montgomery area:

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05...yor-steven-reed-shortage-of-icu-beds-comment/

While capacity within intensive care units (ICUs) has been reached throughout this pandemic, this is not uncommon within typical hospital day-to-day operations.

Baptist Health has an inventory of 80 adult ICU beds throughout the health system:
• 16 at Baptist Medical Center East
• 58 at Baptist Medical Center South
• Six (6) at Prattville Baptist Hospital

The availability of these beds is ever-evolving and the number of beds in use changes by the hour. This is the case in a non-COVID environment and remains consistent during the current COVID-19 pandemic. When a patient requires highly specialized treatments or procedures not available locally, Baptist Health transfers many of those patients to UAB Hospital in Birmingham. This is a common practice just as it is for smaller community hospitals in Central Alabama to transfer patients to the tertiary care referral center, Baptist Medical Center South. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Baptist Health has continued practicing these common transfer procedures with non-COVID patients. At this time, no patients have been transferred to Birmingham for COVID-related care.

To be clear, I don't like Alabama, and the daily influx of people we get from there. I'm 22 miles from the border to the west, and 45 miles from the border to the north. I don't think Kay Ivey is the sharpest knife in the drawer, but since she's right there in Montgomery, I figured she would be aware of something like this, and would be her normal reactive self.

She didn't react, and I guess it's because she had better information than others who were sounding the alarm.

Dude, don't bring facts into this argument!

Shut everything down and head back to our basements until there is a vaccine!
All while joe collects SS that we pay and fires off posts from his estate. Why does he care if we work? He clearly doesn’t leave the house normally based on his post history and doesn’t work so why not?

Alabama sits on the Gulf of Mexico, send down the hospital ship.
Except the problems are quite a distance inland. And the WH knows they can win the Southern vote so no reason to worry about the optics.

If there were any "swing" States in the area, they likely make that move.

Except the problems are quite a distance inland. And the WH knows they can win the Southern vote so no reason to worry about the optics.

If there were any "swing" States in the area, they likely make that move.

Perhaps.

That said, Fort Rucker is in Montgomery, and could set up a temporary facility there.

Montgomery is only 2 1/2 hours from the port of Mobile, and the original stories discussed people from outlying areas, like Evergreen, coming to Montgomery. Well Evergreen is roughly half way between Mobile and Montgomery, so people could go there instead. For some reason, people who don't live in Mobile don't like going to Mobile.

But in the end, there doesn't appear to be a crisis after all, according to the area hospitals.

You really have two options as I see it. Create threads with things you want to share with the board or ignore Joe's threads. I'm sure plenty of people would like to converse with you on the good news associated with Coronavirus.

It amazes me that I have to explain things to adults on here like I'm explaining it to my 5 year old

So, you're saying you are a dick to your 5 year old. Noted.

Perhaps.

That said, Fort Rucker is in Montgomery, and could set up a temporary facility there.

Montgomery is only 2 1/2 hours from the port of Mobile, and the original stories discussed people from outlying areas, like Evergreen, coming to Montgomery. Well Evergreen is roughly half way between Mobile and Montgomery, so people could go there instead. For some reason, people who don't live in Mobile don't like going to Mobile.

But in the end, there doesn't appear to be a crisis after all, according to the area hospitals.
Fort Rucker is NOT in Montgomery.

You're very sensitive if what I wrote to you came off as a dick. Probably why you trigger so easily

Making a comment about how you need to talk to adults on this board in the same way as you talk to a 5 year old is a dick comment. We are all guilty of this on this board at times, but I thought it was worth noting.

New York was a " swing " state? Statement PWNED...
Moving the ship to NYC was done at the height of the early outbreak. Given the situation and all the criticism from the lack of an early response from the WH... that was purely a calculated political decision for optics.

But you already knew that. Trump was hoping to make NY/NJ Govs look bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT