ADVERTISEMENT

No Kaleb Johnson first half. Hmmm..

kceasthawk

HB Legend
Nov 5, 2016
So on "The final drive" show, the new gal said that KJ didn't play the first half because of a "suspension". Really? Anyone? Bueller? Was she right, or was she getting confused with Browns suspension?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I just heard that. I am pretty sure he didnt have any scrimmage plays in the first half but I just thought that was because Moulton and Leshon got all the carries. Iowa didnt receive any kickoffs in the opening half so we didnt see Kaleb then.

Our top investigative forum reporters will dredge up the truth about this ite,.

So on "The final drive" show, the new gal said that KJ didn't play the first half because of a "suspension". Really? Anyone? Bueller? Was she right, or was she getting confused with Browns suspension?
Kaleb Johnson was suspended first half. Jazz was suspended full game. -- Violation of team rules

Kaleb Brown was suspended full game, Seth Anderson did not play bc he was out.

Last edited:
Okay, good insight. Once again explains for some of those posters complaining why KJ didn't play in the first half ( and most likely why Moulton started) that WE don't know a lot of whats going on in the locker room with players and certain situations. Hmmm...

Reactions: eyesofhawk
Okay, good insight. Once again explains for some of those posters complaining why KJ didn't play in the first half ( and most likely why Moulton started) that WE don't know a lot of whats going on in the locker room with players and certain situations. Hmmm...
It was mentioned on all of the main iowa message boards and all over X/twitter prior to the game.

Reactions: HawkAlum2002
It was mentioned on all of the main iowa message boards and all over X/twitter prior to the game.
Okay thanks. As I said, I don't get on the board before the game, (I'm at work and DVR the game), and I don't usually get on during, its too much craziness to address during the game, ( I knew what it would be like after the 1 quarter), so didn't see, and never saw it after. I'm also not on twitter and never will be.

Based on last year, I would say Williams gets you the tougher yards, Johnson is the home run threat.
Had no opinion of Moulton going into yesterday's game

I seem to recall they used Johnson more in 2nd halves later in last season, but I could be wrong.

I got no problem with using others to wear 'em down, then bringing in a fresh Kaleb in the 2nd for knockout punches.

Suspended or not, it worked pretty damn well yesterday.

Back when Nebraska fielded a nationally ranked football team (1980s), the Huskers consistently rotated three or four excellent running backs. Roger Craig of Davenport was a main part of such a rotation. The Hawkeyes would seem to have a similar luxury right now with Johnson and Williams leading the pack.

Your culture is only as good as the accountability you hold people to. You can't say discipline is important to your culture and then ignore violations as if nothing happened. I appreciate KF holding kids to a high standard and having the balls to stick to consequences if they can't meet them. There are many teams with more talent that we've beaten over the years because we were the more disciplined team. It's a culture thing. Most players want to be held to a high standard.

Reactions: DocRambo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT