ADVERTISEMENT

No more masks... a protest story

Despite the hilarity of some of the protesters here, gov ability to enforce something like the wearing of a mask could be a legitimate point of contention. (Party should be irrelevant)

I'd be a little disturbed if we didn't have people questioning mandates

Shut down specific businesses for months? Yeah, that is a dubious government power. Some courts have ruled against it.

Denying children with IEP’s their legally entitled education and therapy? Disgraceful.

But tell people to wear masks? I don’t see that as overreach.

Shut down specific businesses for months? Yeah, that is a dubious government power. Some courts have ruled against it.

Denying children with IEP’s their legally entitled education and therapy? Disgraceful.

But tell people to wear masks? I don’t see that as overreach.

If you run at least a bit libertarian the idea that government can legally compell you to don certain clothing/decoration/what's a mask would seem to at least be approaching problematic status.

If you run at least a bit libertarian the idea that government can legally compell you to don certain clothing/decoration/what's a mask would seem to at least be approaching problematic status.

Don't worry. The ADA warriors are going to eventually win this war.

Riddle me this:

Masks work right?

I would venture to estimate that our nation has had (conservatively) at least 70% mask compliance for approx 2 months now (mid July to present).

Why are numbers not plummeting?

Either A: Masks don't work B: The books are being cooked or C: All of the above.
Numbers ARE down, but we have to stay the course. Or wait until every dumb college kid in America gets COVID.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Riddle me this:

Masks work right?

I would venture to estimate that our nation has had (conservatively) at least 70% mask compliance for approx 2 months now (mid July to present).

Why are numbers not plummeting?

Either A: Masks don't work B: The books are being cooked or C: All of the above.
You are wrong on almost everything you wrote in this post. Use Google at least to see if the use of masks is supported by any data analysis. My guess is you instead will choose to continue to be stupid and post shit that is completely wrong. Your choice.

You are wrong on almost everything you wrote in this post. Use Google at least to see if the use of masks is supported by any data analysis. My guess is you instead will choose to continue to be stupid and post shit that is completely wrong. Your choice.

I tell it like I see it. I comply with masks where required. I see a lot of mask compliance. Just pointing out that 2+ months of 70%+ mask compliance should drastically reduce positive cases.

I tell it like I see it. I comply with masks where required. I see a lot of mask compliance. Just pointing out that 2+ months of 70%+ mask compliance should drastically reduce positive cases.

70 percent might CLAIM they wear a mask, but 40 percent have their noses hanging out, another 40 percent have ill-fitting homemade masks, and another 40 percent are wearing bandanas or some other useless crap.

Add it all up and 120 percent are not wearing masks.

Math, bitches!

I question 70%. It definitely depends on location. NY and Chicago the rate would be much higher. Iowa, lower. Regardless, 70% is not great. There needs to be more compliance (ie mandates) to be even more effective.

So like I wrote, you will choose to be a dumb-shit and ignore facts, science, data, etc. Your mindset is part of the reason we have many of the problems we do. A skeptical attitude is a great thing especially if the person isn't lazy and is willing to do some research. Your choice to be ignorant is not only lazy, but in this case is a partial reason for the continued spread of the virus that is killing people, the economy and dropping American's prestige in the world. If you need me to connect the dots for how you are a part of that problem it could be done, but probably not worth my time.

So like I wrote, you will choose to be a dumb-shit and ignore facts, science, data, etc. Your mindset is part of the reason we have many of the problems we do. A skeptical attitude is a great thing especially if the person isn't lazy and is willing to do some research. Your choice to be ignorant is not only lazy, but in this case is a partial reason for the continued spread of the virus that is killing people, the economy and dropping American's prestige in the world. If you need me to connect the dots for how you are a part of that problem it could be done, but probably not worth my time.

Ok francis. just fn chill a little bit. I mean you are just firing shots in the dark here but go off if you got it all figured out.

Ok francis. just fn chill a little bit. I mean you are just firing shots in the dark here but go off if you got it all figured out.
What shot in the dark? You are choosing to be ignorant and part of the problem. It was clear as day from your response.

Nobody likes wearing a mask. Most people hate it. I get it.

What I don’t understand is the shameless, willful ignorance of things we all used to agree on. Ya know, science is real and expertise is good.

Trump and the dumbing down of the Republican electorate is driving this country down the tubes.

Maybe you would. But if you have a reasonable set of priorities you would be concentrating on those overreaches that are sending people into poverty and destroying children’s physical and mental health - not things that are making people’s glasses fog up.

Your sig line is BS as well. You are not really trying. You really would like people to think that about you, but it's not true. Consider changing it. Maybe "ignorance is bliss" would be a better fit.

Ok sure. You know me. Based on......what???? Our limited back and forth on an internet message board?

You seem incredibly angry about this whole ordeal. I'm sorry that I don't see eye to eye with you on it. The truth is is that doesn't make either of us terrible people. I wish you well. Truly take care.

Despite the hilarity of some of the protesters here, gov ability to enforce something like the wearing of a mask could be a legitimate point of contention. (Party should be irrelevant)

I'd be a little disturbed if we didn't have people questioning mandates

When ignoring mandates can get people killed we should just follow along for the good of everyone. That's why other countries have cut their cases down and have this somewhat under control while in the US the numbers are out of control.

Seems pretty much the same as the morons who insist on staying inside their homes when a category 5 hurricane is on the way and evacuations have been ordered.

the movie Idiocracy isn't funny anymore. Its a foreshadowing.

Our situation is worse than Idiocracy. Our president is dumber.

The president in the movie sought out the smartest man in the world and asked him to fix problems. Trump goes around insisting that he understands the problems and how to fix them better than all of the experts.

I feel bad for the "flu kills more" kid.....his parents are really screwing him over, probably gonna be a rough life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT