ADVERTISEMENT

no more NFL pro bowl

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities

The NFL is replacing the Pro Bowl with a week-long skills competition and a flag football game.​

After years of being the most underwhelming all-star event in professional sports, the NFL is finally ready to switch things up. The event will be renamed the Pro Bowl Games and will be reshaped with the help of Peyton Manning and his Omaha Productions company. According to NFL executive Peter O'Reilly, changing up the Pro Bowl format is something the league has "been looking at for a while" and was "based on a lot of internal conversations" from GMs, coaches and players around the league. The NFL also has added interest in flag football after partnering with the International Federation of American Football with the hopes of implementing it at the 2028 Olympics.

While I think the idea of a flag football game is pretty stupid… The pro bowl game was really stupid to begin with.

To be fair… I think every All-Star game is really stupid and I won’t watch any of them. But football is by far the worst.

While I think the idea of a flag football game is pretty stupid… The pro bowl game was really stupid to begin with.

To be fair… I think every All-Star game is really stupid and I won’t watch any of them. But football is by far the worst.

Meh the pro bowl was basically a flag football game in the first place.

I don't know that it's going to make me watch it but I do think this is a slight improvement because at the very least they are dropping the pretense of it being tackle football.

The last decade or so the games have been unwatchable.
I miss the old days

200.gif

MLB all star game is the only one that resembles the actual game. I have watched any of the all star games in years.

Reactions: runkpanole
It could be cancelled entirely and I wouldn’t know any different. It’s the opposite of appointment television, watched by family members of the players or dudes icing their groin after getting snipped.

Reactions: ping72
Football just does not lend itself to a casual game. You can joke around and have fun in basketball and baseball, but football is balls-to-the-walls or nothing.

I think a skills competition is much more appropriate. Hell, the 3-point contest, home run derby, and slam dunk contests are FAR more fun to watch than the NBA or MLB all star games.

Football just does not lend itself to a casual game. You can joke around and have fun in basketball and baseball, but football is balls-to-the-walls or nothing.

I think a skills competition is much more appropriate. Hell, the 3-point contest, home run derby, and slam dunk contests are FAR more fun to watch than the NBA or MLB all star games.
good point

hence the reason I don’t participate in rec league football

basketball and soccer are ok though

ADVERTISEMENT