ADVERTISEMENT

No shot at getting one of my fave HC prospects

From the outside in I think it is a similar hire to KF when he came to Iowa. Low fan fare but solid guy and good FB knowledge. Also, he is going to coach what seems to be an antithesis style compared to the rest of the BIG12. That could factor into a plus for him if he can get it rolling.

He probably has an out claus for Iowa like the last KSU coach used to have

santa-claus-orig.jpg

Reactions: TailgateTom
When Bill left Iowa with thoughts of coming back their probably wasn't such a thing.

I can't remember the source so I can't prove it, but I remember at least one media report that Snyder's KSU contract released him without penalty for the Iowa job.

Of course by the time Hayden retired after the 1998 season Snyder had built K-State into a very good football program. People may not know how truly horrible football was in Manhattan, Kansas, before he got there. They were losing to schools like Austin Peay and Louisiana Tech, and those losses were not totally surprising. KSU football was so far down in the crapper it was below the crap.

People talk about major college football turnarounds that result in sustained success. Sure coaches like Hayden Fry at Iowa and Gary Barnett at NU deserve all the credit they have received. But in my lifetime I can't think of another major college football coach who started so far down in the hole and achieved more success.

ADVERTISEMENT