ADVERTISEMENT

No University of Iowa football coaches took pay cuts amid pandemic, including Ferentz Coaches McCaffery, Bluder, Brands took pandemic pay cuts; not F

You probably think he’s paid with taxpayer money, too, every year.
Look I don't care who pays him. You can for all that matters. All I'm saying is delink the football from the University. It's as simple as that.

Football pays the bills.
Does it though? From that article:

"Even in fiscal 2020 — which ended last June, about four months after the pandemic began — Hawkeye football expenses came in $714,285 over budget at $30.4 million and $8.9 million over the football program’s $21.6 million income, which was under expectations."

Reactions: GOHOX69
Guess I’d be curious how many football coaches nationwide took pay cuts.
Iowa State coaches and AD staff gave up what ended up being $4Million in base pay and bonuses. Cost Matt Campbell some serious incentive money for playing in the Championship and winning a NY6 bowl.

No assistant coaches pay was affected.

Last edited:
Does it though? From that article:

"Even in fiscal 2020 — which ended last June, about four months after the pandemic began — Hawkeye football expenses came in $714,285 over budget at $30.4 million and $8.9 million over the football program’s $21.6 million income, which was under expectations."

Yes, but this was not a normal year.

Not when revenues that used to fund that are cut substantially. Everyone should feel the pain to help the university or business.
I hope you're kidding. I just never understand why or how we have to punish the successful/wealthy in order to raise others up. Its not KF's fault or his assistant coaches' fault that most of the athletic programs are a drain on the athletic department/University. Even if they took no salaries for all of 2020, they wouldn't hardly make a dent in the deficit that was created by this china virus. It actually makes sense for the non-revenue earning coaches to take a pay-cut since they aren't bringing anything to the table anyway.

Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
I hope you're kidding. I just never understand why or how we have to punish the successful/wealthy in order to raise others up. Its not KF's fault or his assistant coaches' fault that most of the athletic programs are a drain on the athletic department/University. Even if they took no salaries for all of 2020, they wouldn't hardly make a dent in the deficit that was created by this china virus. It actually makes sense for the non-revenue earning coaches to take a pay-cut since they aren't bringing anything to the table anyway.
Nobody made money this year.

Appropriate name

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Ya know, they should have taken pay cuts especially when they are wanting to cut sports. That’s what’s lost in all of this. It’s a bad look. KF has made A LOT of money at Iowa. He can take a 25% cut for a few years.

Ya know, they should have taken pay cuts especially when they are wanting to cut sports. That’s what’s lost in all of this. It’s a bad look. KF has made A LOT of money at Iowa. He can take a 25% cut for a few years.
Doesn’t he do that every year donating millions of dollars to the UI children’s hospital? There probably isn’t a more philanthropic coach in the country than KF.

Reactions: Hawkeyecurtis81
Guess I’d be curious how many football coaches nationwide took pay cuts.

As it turns out, new Florida State head coach Mike Norvell is among those who was most impacted by these reductions. His total salary reduction of $968,750 over this year and 2021 is the second-largest among college football coaches, second only to Clemson coach Dabo Swinney.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Men’s basketball, women’s basketball, wrestling...obviously not ‘next man in’ when they got to the football offices.

Did any of you take a voluntary pay cut? I sure the fuvk wouldn't either if I had a contract.

I think its more about how one acts as a leader and how you inspire and motivate your followers when they all have pay cuts (involuntary) but you choose not to. I agree I wouldn’t do it but then again I am not a head coach of a major athletic organization. I dont know what I would do in that situation but I must admit the optics are bad

Doesn’t he do that every year donating millions of dollars to the UI children’s hospital? There probably isn’t a more philanthropic coach in the country than KF.

He donated $1 million back in 2017, but has such a donation been made since? I don’t believe it’s a yearly thing? I could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT