ADVERTISEMENT

No vote happening

The Big Ten should be absolutely embarrassed by how this has all played out. It's unbelievable to me an organization with this much money/lawyers/power etc can continue to trip over their own d*cks day after day after day. You look like a little league organization with no leadership. No guidance. Nothing. It's really quite something and it really does make me believe Kevin Warren is purposefully trying to make the Big Ten look horrible.

The Big Ten should be absolutely embarrassed by how this has all played out. It's unbelievable to me an organization with this much money/lawyers/power etc can continue to trip over their own d*cks day after day after day. You look like a little league organization with no leadership. No guidance. Nothing. It's really quite something and it really does make me believe Kevin Warren is purposefully trying to make the Big Ten look horrible.

It is a joke. With so much stuff being leaked to folks like Dan Patrick and now to Dennis Dodd, it seems like there are basically no-play factions of the conference and play factions of the conference. Neither Dodd or Patrick just make stuff up. And both sides leak to preferred media members to push their agendas. The Big 10 as an organization is currently dysfunctional on this issue. When you have differing sides hashing it out via their media proxies instead of actually talking through things, it's bad.

I never thought it would get to the place where OSU for example would want to leave the conference. But stuff like this might make them consider it. If they did, the conference as a whole would be on the road to destruction.

It is a joke. With so much stuff being leaked to folks like Dan Patrick and now to Dennis Dodd, it seems like there are basically no-play factions of the conference and play factions of the conference. Neither Dodd or Patrick just make stuff up. And both sides leak to preferred media members to push their agendas. The Big 10 as an organization is currently dysfunctional on this issue. When you have differing sides hashing it out via their media proxies instead of actually talking through things, it's bad.

I never thought it would get to the place where OSU for example would want to leave the conference. But stuff like this might make them consider it. If they did, the conference as a whole would be on the road to destruction.

I made mention of this several weeks ago and people laughed that suggestion off.

We just might be on the precipice of the Big Ten collapsing all together.

What a sad situation.

I made mention of this several weeks ago and people laughed that suggestion off.

We just might be on the precipice of the Big Ten collapsing all together.

What a sad situation.
While I agree that there certainly appears to be clear division on this issue and probably even some bad blood, there is very little chance that any school will exit the league over a majority vote to postpone one season of football. To describe the conference situation as possibly being on the "precipice of collapse" is hysterical. Not even close.

So the state of Michigan is going to allow high school football starting Sept 17th
Could actually mean something

Totally agree. considering how reports were both Michigan and Michigan st rumored to have 2 presidents against playing initially. Now you have classes going on, intramurals on campus plus HS football. You’d think writing is on the wall but with how all of this has gone down who knows.

Either way I expect a pre holiday Friday news dump on any decision they make.

This is the sort of thing that transpires when there is no leadership (or maybe just bad leadership).

Ohio State could go anywhere it wants, the entire landscape could change. Ohio State could anchor the Northern division of the big 12, with a Nebraska thrown in. The money Will be there if the matchups are there. The Big 10 cable model is now a dinosaur, and the world is changing. Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State don’t fit the geography. Just like West Virginia doesn’t fit the Big 12.

Of course it does. It means the polls say they'd better play football in Michigan, or the governor and her party are in trouble come November! LOL
Michigan’s Governor is not up for re-election in November and the polls show Biden and Gary Peters solidly ahead in the state 🤷🏻‍♂️

not everything is politics

Last edited:
Reactions: JStandefer
Michigan’s Governor is not up for re-election in November and the polls show Biden and Gary Peters solidly ahead in the state 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you been living under a rock the last week? You’re going to have a 2016 Deja vu.

And Trump won Michigan in 2016. You think it ain't close there I am going to say you are wrong.

Joe wanted to play it as Trump's ineptitude kept the people from being able to enjoy football. Greedy Gretchen wants to help dirty Joe.

The has been an absolute shit show from the beginning and there is no other way to slice it.

There has been conflicting stories on every different aspect of the situation and it's making the BIG look more pathetic by the day.
This all comes from a lack of clear leadership in the conference office. Warren may not have had a vote, but he has certainly failed miserably in leading the conference as its front man....

Michigan’s Governor was one of the 3 VP candidate finalists and is the National co-chair of the Biden campaign. There will be a place for her in a Biden administration. I’m not saying it’s political - but her preference on athletics and gatherings have been clear and neither UM nor MSU can afford politically to make enemies with State funding right now.

Michigan’s Governor was one of the 3 VP candidate finalists and is the National co-chair of the Biden campaign. There will be a place for her in a Biden administration. I’m not saying it’s political - but her preference on athletics and gatherings have been clear and neither UM nor MSU can afford politically to make enemies with State funding right now.
And Indiana's governor is a republican, while Purdue's president is a republican former state governor, who coincidently happened to appoint Indiana U's current President to a position while he was in office.

Funny how they all perfectly aligned with Michigan, huh?

Reactions: BettDogs7
Where would f0$u go? Become the 16th ACC team?

Complete speculation here...but could OSU and Iowa and say about 8 other teams form a new conference? In the near term they would need to replace a huge revenue stream that they now get from the B10...but by next year they could be back up, or even higher, than this year.

Complete speculation here...but could OSU and Iowa and say about 8 other teams form a new conference? In the near term they would need to replace a huge revenue stream that they now get from the B10...but by next year they could be back up, or even higher, than this year.
yeah, I don't think it would play out like that whatsoever . A short term gain would not make up for the long term losses. You don't just create a conference and expect to immediately have a BTN type network handing you 50 plus million a year per participant

Reactions: kceasthawk
I don't believe that for a second. No way 13-1 vote would keep the B1G off the field. And I don't believe him threatening to forfeit all M's games would do it, either, as the pressure would be too much once the rest of the schools gave the go ahead.
I believe it.

I don’t think the article is saying it’s 13-1. It appears Michigan is the leader of the cancel crowd.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Fear and hysteria (and yes, politics), have taken over for common sense. Football CAN be played. Studies are starting to show there is virtually NO danger to these athletes of dying from Covid. Not playing, and not being involved in the National Championship is going to be the death knell for the Big 10 as far as being one of the leading football conferences.

Play ball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT