ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant- Another its about me player

Fieldhouseman

HR All-State
Oct 14, 2018
Ok so you are not honoring your commitment and going to the NFL.

I hope you learn sometime in your life that a real man honors their commitments The University of Iowa invested a lot of time and money from the beginning starting with recruiting you and basically investing the time effort and financial resources to getting you in a position today where you have the opportunity to play in the NFL

You signed your commitment letter and now you have decided to walk away.

Your walking away from your teammates, your coaches , your University and most important of all walking away from your commitment.

I would hope that you are intending to pay back every penny that we have invested in your education and athletics ... but I know it doesn't work that way .

And when you come back to Iowa sometime and stand on the field or be honored in some way please do not be upset when I turn my back and walk away ... I believe in honor and committment and not running away the minute the grass is greener.

I hope you learn sometime in your life that a real man honors their commitments The University of Iowa invested a lot of time and money from the beginning starting with recruiting you and basically investing the time effort and financial resources to getting you in a position today where you have the opportunity to play in the NFL

Your walking away from your teammates, your coaches , your University and most important of all walking away from your commitment.

I would hope that you are intending to pay back every penny that we have invested in your education and athletics ... but I know it doesn't work that way .

And when you come back to Iowa sometime and stand on the field or be honored in some way please do not be upset when I turn my back and walk away ... I believe in honor and committment and not running away the minute the grass is greener.

You’re an idiot. You better never quit a job for another one. You need to honor your commitment of accepting a job.

giphy.gif

And if your the type of punk that doesn't honor your commitments I'd be embarrassed to be your dad

Dude you're hilarious. Probably 60 and just learning how this internet works, calling people out and threatening violence when in real life you sit there and don't say a word but bitch to your wife after.

Seriously get a hobby or a life, your opinions are garbage and no one would miss you if you went away.

It makes me wonder if knowing this was in the works factored into his reduced playing time. I wish Noah well. I hope he gets drafted in the first round and makes a huge impact on whatever team gets him. I'm bummed that he chose to leave before the bowl game. Thankfully, TJ is perfectly capable of putting on his own tight end clinic and I'll be hoping to see that too.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm really hoping to help you gain wisdom and experience in matters such as these. Even if you feel this way, and although I don't per se, I do understand your premise....However, its not a good look to say it outloud. Some things in life need to stay unsaid...

I'll give you another example....I also get pissed with the losses and often wonder why the coaches can't figure it out. But since I know that reactionary fans of every team act that way....I don't get on a message board and share those frustrations out loud. By the time I have an outloud opinion, it has become obvious to me that there are 70 other fans who lost on "this" particular Saturday, who think the coaches blew it too...so it doesn't strike me as an intelligent enlightening opinion.

Nor does....the above. Things happen, I've changed jobs and been offered more money. I've always gave notice, but I have indeed left for a better opportunity...

But probably most importantly...life has a way of making you look like a stupid hypocrite. Better to keep these kind of thoughts private...Just my opinion..

You're totally missing how kind, and generous Noah is:
First, he's allowing his Hawkeye teammates more playing time during the 2019 season;
Second, he's permitting these same teammates bowl exposure in a few weeks; and
Third, he's giving up his personal scholarship so that another teammate can use it.
What a thoughtful, and kind thing to do...Thanks, Noah, and Godspeed!

Wow! It going to take a whole cartridge of ink to chastise each and every athlete choosing to move up in life. Hell my daughter-law-signed a four year scholarship (academic) letter at Iowa. But instead of being on scholarship for four years she messed Iowa up and graduated in three. Shame on her for not completing her commitment. She even accepted her National Merit in Excellence Scholarship after all angst she caused.

What's your opinion of Kirk after breaking his commitment to coach Maine?

Wait, don't bother responding. I don't really care what your answer will be.
FYI, Ferentz came to Iowa from the Baltimore Ravens where he was an asst coach, not from the U of Maine.

When KF accepted the Iowa job, he insisted on finishing the Ravens' season--insisted on completing his commitment to them--before starting the job at Iowa. He was criticized for this from many in Iowa who wanted him to start right away to begin recruiting.

People might want to know the facts first before forming their opinions on such things.

The only commitment he made was playing football here. He did that unpaid and never specified how long he would do it. He will get an opportunity to make millions to play in the league. Also there has never been any commitment shown by college coaches so why are players held to a higher standard.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
Wow... What an insane post. Fant busted is tail for the University of Iowa for 3 years. He wasn't gifted the position he is in. That's not the way it works. All the University of Iowa did was give him an opportunity, an opportunity that he made the most of.

Fant put himself in this position and no one else. Again, the coaches and the university only gave him the opportunity. Noah Fant did all of the rest.

No problem with a kid trying to go get paid - especially considering how much their coaches are paid...……..
He's not a professional he signed on to be a student-athlete ... he read the contract and signed it .. that's a committment .
Dude you're hilarious. Probably 60 and just learning how this internet works, calling people out and threatening violence when in real life you sit there and don't say a word but bitch to your wife after.

Seriously get a hobby or a life, your opinions are garbage and no one would miss you if you went away.[/QUOTE

Yeah your probably about 25 years old a self absorbed punk who doesn't know jack s...so why do t you go kiss my a...

FYI, Ferentz came to Iowa from the Baltimore Ravens where he was an asst coach, not from the U of Maine.

When KF accepted the Iowa job, he insisted on finishing the Ravens' season--insisted on completing his commitment to them--before starting the job at Iowa. He was criticized for this from many in Iowa who wanted him to start right away to begin recruiting.

People might want to know the facts first before forming their opinions on such things.
Sorry, I wasn't implying that he came directly from Maine to Iowa. Just the first paying position I could remember him in. He (as far as OP is concerned) first broke his commitment to Maine (again, OP refers to this as leaving for greener pastures), then broke his commitment to Bill B to again leave for greener pastures. I bet OP cannot stand Kirk.

And as far as the bolded is concerned, he was still under contract for the next year with the Ravens, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I really like Kirk. What he (and now Fant) did is completely fine and has bettered their lives and their families lives. Just showing how stupid OP's position is.

Noah Fant is the all-time leader in touchdown catches for a Tight End at the University of Iowa. He's making a great decision to focus on the NFL instead of a meaningless bowl game

It makes me wonder if knowing this was in the works factored into his reduced playing time. I wish Noah well. I hope he gets drafted in the first round and makes a huge impact on whatever team gets him. I'm bummed that he chose to leave before the bowl game. Thankfully, TJ is perfectly capable of putting on his own tight end clinic and I'll be hoping to see that too.

I wondered the same thing and would explain his disappearance a bit.

Noah Fant is the all-time leader in touchdown catches for a Tight End at the University of Iowa. He's making a great decision to focus on the NFL instead of a meaningless bowl game
I don't understand why people keep saying that the bowl game is meaningless. It counts on your season record. The stats count. People pay money to see them, they are on TV. What is the difference between the Holiday Bowl and a non-conference game with Northern Illinois? Very little, from what I can tell.

Reactions: 24 so far
He's not a professional he signed on to be a student-athlete ... he read the contract and signed it .. that's a committment .

Dude, just stop. You're a joke, your family thinks you're a joke, your friends think you're a joke, they all laugh at you behind your back because you say stuff like this. Seriously, just get off the internet, it's clear that life has passed you by and you're trying to cling to some sort of made up life rules to make yourself feel better about your own life.

Insofar as the OP refers to Fant leaving before the season's end, then he does have a legit point buried in the hyperbole. I think KF got it about right: disappointed Fant isn't finishing the season with his teammates, but wishing him well as he pursues his dream of the NFL.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I would hope that you are intending to pay back every penny that we have invested in your education and athletics ... but I know it doesn't work that way.

Would you please be kind enough to post pictures of any receipts you have from investing in Noah's education? ...but I know it doesn't work that way.

Sorry, I wasn't implying that he came directly from Maine to Iowa. Just the first paying position I could remember him in. He (as far as OP is concerned) first broke his commitment to Maine (again, OP refers to this as leaving for greener pastures), then broke his commitment to Bill B to again leave for greener pastures. I bet OP cannot stand Kirk.

And as far as the bolded is concerned, he was still under contract for the next year with the Ravens, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I really like Kirk. What he (and now Fant) did is completely fine and has bettered their lives and their families lives. Just showing how stupid OP's position is.
I am not a fan of coaches leaving a team for another one before the entire season has ended, including the bowl game, and I wish the NCAA would prohibit this. Similarly, I am not a fan of a player quitting his team before the bowl game is played, either. Both are selfish acts that harm their team.

I usually hate personal attacks, but I'll say the OP is an idiot. Yes you can be upset and would have liked Fant to play in the bowl game. I don't blame Fant in the slightest, not even a smidge. I have zero issues with him leaving early or not playing.

My only critique, and its just my personal opinion, is that Fant comes across as a showboating prima Donna, and it appeared to me that he didn't always give 100% on all plays, route running, blocking, etc...I much much prefer Hockensen.

That being said I wish Fant well and don't blame him, get the money while you can. Help your family.

I don't understand why people keep saying that the bowl game is meaningless. It counts on your season record. The stats count. People pay money to see them, they are on TV. What is the difference between the Holiday Bowl and a non-conference game with Northern Illinois? Very little, from what I can tell.
The bowl game outside of the CFP is absolutely meaningless. Who's going to remember who played in the 2019 Outback bowl 2 years from now? I enjoy watching the games as much as anyone, but it's just another game. There's no benefit for the players to play in the game. They already have 2+ years of game tape available for the scouts

I'll give you your opinion, of course.

But perhaps the commitment was not reciprocated. Perhaps there are things we do not know.

From all I've seen, Noah Fant is a quality young man. He has a chance at generational changing wealth. I have no problem with his decision based on what I know.

But I truly appreciate your post Fieldhouseman. :)

Guys, you know what would be a great recruiting tool. If Iowa told all their recruits, that if they are good enough to leave early for the NFL, they have to stay and finish school!

The days of losing recruiting battles are over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: blhawk

I don't care who it is ... if you break your committment than that is not right in my book... if it's in your contract that you must give a two weeks notice than that's your committment ... in real life of course ...

But in college athletics and I don't care about any gray area .. if you are given a scholarship it's my opinion you should be there for four years minimum .

So, sorry ... what commitment letter? The Letter of Intent? That's just for one year. I don't think Fant ever committed to playing in a bowl game following the regular season of his junior year.

I'd say Iowa got it's money's worth and then some. I'm totally ok with his decision.

I'll give you your opinion, of course.

But perhaps the commitment was not reciprocated. Perhaps there are things we do not know.

From all I've seen, Noah Fant is a quality young man. He has a chance at generational changing wealth. I have no problem with his decision based on what I know.

But I truly appreciate your post Fieldhouseman. :)

Yeah it all about money isn't it... that's the same reason. Why we have a buffoon sitting in the Oval Office..

Reactions: Herkmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT