ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant

Fant is off the charts for a TE. He is a generational talent and we are stacked at TE. Talk about selling points. Fant proves you don't have to be highly rated to come in and light things up. He should be a lock for the first round if he follows up in 18 with a similar season.

Not only is Iowa churning out NFL players, they are churning them out early. How many guys get the chance to go to the NFL before there senior seasons? I know Kirk sells education, as he should, but there is another selling point to high rated kids who want to play in the NFL.

You get to stop taking hard a$$ classes a year early, And pay off all the debt you’ve amassed in your life and immediate families in about 3 nfl pay checks?!?!??? Thats kinda been done before but hey Iowa can sell it too! If it fits of course. Had a couple this year, I can’t say I remember the last time that happened.

Last edited:
Not only is Iowa churning out NFL players, they are churning them out early. How many guys get the chance to go to the NFL before there senior seasons? I know Kirk sells education, as he should, but there is another selling point to high rated kids who want to play in the NFL.
This is the area that baffles we on why we can’t take the next step in recruiting. Kirk and Co have such a strong story to share about the pathway to the pros.

Wow.

I was bored and watched 55-24 from when score was 17-17(where I last quit watching) TJH is an NFL player as well from that performance.
Hock is a very good player and pretty darn good athlete as well, but whats different about Fant is his speed. Watch him run those plays down the sideline or in the seam. He literally runs away from the DB's.

I hope Mr Hickman at Omaha Burke is paying attention. Both to how much Noah has developed at TE at Iowa and that UNL wanted to move him to DE. It seems that there are a lot of parallels to their games at this point in Hickman’s careers. Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyone know if Frost used TEs at all at UCF? Most spread offenses don’t.

Hock is a very good player and pretty darn good athlete as well, but whats different about Fant is his speed. Watch him run those plays down the sideline or in the seam. He literally runs away from the DB's.

Nail meet Hammer! When you equate his size, athleticism then top it with fast.. that’s what separates him from a lot. Not taking anything away from TJ H but I’ve not seen anything like him and the attributes he brings to the table at Iowa in i don’t think ever..

Reactions: Wadzinator
I hope Mr Hickman at Omaha Burke is paying attention. Both to how much Noah has developed at TE at Iowa and that UNL wanted to move him to DE. It seems that there are a lot of parallels to their games at this point in Hickman’s careers. Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyone know if Frost used TEs at all at UCF? Most spread offenses don’t.

Now if Noah wanted to play ambassador for Iowa and mr look at me to Hickman I would think it would be hard for Hickman not to give Iowa a long hard look! It basically him almost 3 years ago..

I think he will be the all time best TE from the Fry Ferentz era when it’s all over with. And yes I have heard of Marv Cook and Dallas Clark.

Tony Moeaki would have held that title if he had remained healthy in my opinion.

Which is crazy and fun to think about considering he has TJ on the field at the same time. Could be two of the top TEs, in my opinion, in last few decades for Iowa, and at the same time.

I totally get it, TJ just gets open and catches everything then gains 10 yards. They're going to be fun combo to watch as I think BF is going to unleash these to this season.

I wouldn’t mind seeing 3 TE sets with these two split out. You have size mismatches with corners or you run to the outside and have mismatches with blocking on corners and safeties.

Once again, a hawk fan makes things up.....standard operating procedure.
Do I need to link the posts where ISU fans say that they essentially would choose their guys over Iowa's TEs? It's one thing to support your players ... but it's quite another to not recognize a superior talent. For example, as much as I am a fan of Render ... I'd freely say that Good-Jones appears to be a better interior linemen.

Once again, a hawk fan makes things up.....standard operating procedure.

It’s not made up. A clone fan was on here saying “as good as the tight ends at Iowa were he would not trade them for the Cyclone TEs” Went on to say they were a better “fit” for their offense.

Hell of dilemma you have when one of your tights is a super athlete, fast dominating and probably headed to the NFL early and your other tight is just a really good athlete, pretty fast and capable of multiple big plays a game who will probably play four years before he too heads to what will probably be a good NFL career.

What a problem to have.

It’s not made up. A clone fan was on here saying “as good as the tight ends at Iowa were he would not trade them for the Cyclone TEs” Went on to say they were a better “fit” for their offense.
That was me. A better fit for the system ISU runs didn't necessarily mean they were more talented. It appears some here are not capable of distinguishing between the two.

OMG, Eyewejun! Give.it.up!

If Noah Fant transferred to ISU it would take him less than 10 minutes of the first practice to supplant Allen as a starter.

Get over yourself and go back to you’re own board. My god!

OMG, Eyewejun! Give.it.up!

If Noah Fant transferred to ISU it would take him less than 10 minutes of the first practice to supplant Allen as a starter.

Get over yourself and go back to you’re own board. My god!
Sure, and you think Fant would excel at primarily being a blocker(a very good one) and catching just a couple of passes all year......and be all conference doing It? NO CHANCE!! Lazard, Butler, Jones, Eaton, Ryen, Murdoch, Montgomery were very effectively handling the pass catching duties. Thanks for proving my point.

Reactions: SLarew
That was me. A better fit for the system ISU runs didn't necessarily mean they were more talented. It appears some here are not capable of distinguishing between the two.

The most full of shit post ever. You can’t possibly be that stupid, oh wait, clone fan, maybe so. You’d take your guy over Fant? What an idiot!

Sure, and you think Fant would excel at primarily being a blocker(a very good one) and catching just a couple of passes all year......and be all conference doing It? NO CHANCE!! Lazard, Butler, Jones, Eaton, Ryen, Murdoch, Montgomery were very effectively handling the pass catching duties. Thanks for proving my point.

If the ISU TEs had half the talent of Fant they wouldn't just be blockers who catch a couple balls a year. Surely the greatest coach in school history would figure out how to utilize a special talent like him.

If the ISU TEs had half the talent of Fant they wouldn't just be blockers who catch a couple balls a year. Surely the greatest coach in school history would figure out how to utilize a special talent like him.
They did what was asked of them. ISU had/has a very talented bevy of pass catching wrs & backs, so they were not used in that capacity. Iowa wrs were poor as a group so Fant needed to fill a pass catching role......it isn't rocket science

They did what was asked of them. ISU had/has a very talented bevy of pass catching wrs & backs, so they were not used in that capacity. Iowa wrs were poor as a group so Fant needed to fill a pass catching role......it isn't rocket science

Exactly. Fant is far and away better than any TE on Iowa State's roster. It's not that hard to understand.

Give your coach just a little bit of credit and realize he would not waste or misuse a talent like Fant by turning him into a “primarily blocking” TE.

Exactly. Fant is far and away better than any TE on Iowa State's roster. It's not that hard to understand.
Far and away better TE in Iowa's scheme.....I agree....but not in ISU's scheme....our TEs are better in our system.

ADVERTISEMENT