ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Fant

This is the area that baffles we on why we can’t take the next step in recruiting. Kirk and Co have such a strong story to share about the pathway to the pros.

The next step up is with the bigger name teams, who are also putting out NFL talent at a very good rate. But Iowa definitely is a better choice for players who have offers from the non-elite teams. Iowa by far is the best at putting guys in the NFL from those teams.

Give your coach just a little bit of credit and realize he would not waste or misuse a talent like Fant by turning him into a “primarily blocking” TE.
He would have to be one hell of a blocker. We sure know Allen is. They had the same rating.

Far and away better TE in Iowa's scheme.....I agree....but not in ISU's scheme....our TEs are better in our system.

6DhdT30.gif

Sure, and you think Fant would excel at primarily being a blocker(a very good one) and catching just a couple of passes all year......and be all conference doing It? NO CHANCE!! Lazard, Butler, Jones, Eaton, Ryen, Murdoch, Montgomery were very effectively handling the pass catching duties. Thanks for proving my point.
And you don't think that Fant won't develop into an elite blocker? George Kittle was a pretty athletic Iowa TE who was known for his receiving skills .... but he also was an elite blocker who could dominate most DEs.

When things are all said and done - for a versatile TE like Fant, it doesn't matter what system he's in ... he'll be great regardless. However, it would be a misuse of his receiving skills to NOT pass him the ball.

He would have to be one hell of a blocker. We sure know Allen is. They had the same rating.

Only in the Big12 can you earn all conference as a blocking TE at 225 lbs. I do hear he is up to 245 now but that would still be a bit small to be a strictly blocking TE in the B1G.

Allen was all conference as a freshman. Fant certainly wasn't. Allen had 9 P5 offers, Fant had 7. They were rated exactly the same as recruits.

You’re really stuck on that all conference TE thing but I guess you don’t realize the TE is becoming more and more rare in the Big12. All conference TE in the Big 12 is like being named the world’s tallest midget.
Last I checked, all B12 teams have them

Don't follow the 49ers because they are horrible.
They finished the season 5-0 under Garrapola and are projected as one of 8 teams that could win next year's super bowl.

Fant is being projected as a first round pick. TEs don't go in the first round.

Tell me you would take your RB over ours and I might agree. But this argument us stupid.

They finished the season 5-0 under Garrapola and are projected as one of 8 teams that could win next year's super bowl.

Fant is being projected as a first round pick. TEs don't go in the first round.

Tell me you would take your RB over ours and I might agree. But this argument us stupid.
Players fit systems

Last I checked, all B12 teams have them

They all have kick holders too but I wouldn’t boast if my team’s was named the best in conference. As a matter of fact kick holders are used more than most teams in the Big 12 use their TE’s.

I just want to make sure that you are talking about Chase Allen, who had 4 receptions for 39 yards last year?

I am glad that he fits your system. I will take explosive tight ends that stretch the field vertically.

At this point in time, quoting the number of power 5 offers or the recruiting ranking is completely irrelevant. All that means is that a lot of programs and experts missed on their evaluation of Fant.

Allen was all conference as a freshman. Fant certainly wasn't. Allen had 9 P5 offers, Fant had 7. They were rated exactly the same as recruits.

It's so funny hearing ISU fans talk about Allen. He had 4 catches for <40 yards and ZERO TDs on the season. But that doesn't matter because he's an amazing blocker, never mind that ISU's RB had to break a zillion tackles to get his yards and was recognized for doing so. Fant had more receiving yards and TDs in one half vs. Ohio St. as Allen had all season. But at least Allen can block. Or, maybe not. Pretty hilarious.

Key. Word.

You bet because you are so mature. You can certainly deduce your mentality from your insightful posts.

Pot meet kettle. Read your posts in this thread and the other one. Just because you think something, and then repeat it over and over, doesn't mean it is true or even near reality.

Key. Word.

Pot meet kettle. Read your posts in this thread and the other one. Just because you think something, and then repeat it over and over, doesn't mean it is true or even near reality.
Doesn't mean it's wrong, either.

Interesting because you follow iowa state. Easily one of the most horrible programs in the history of major college football
And you point is? I have had Cowboy season tickets for 29 years, so I have seen the 49ers get their ass kicked in some very important games in the early 90s. They haven't won anything since 94 besides a Harbaugh brother dual which Jim lost.

I think he will be the all time best TE from the Fry Ferentz era when it’s all over with. And yes I have heard of Marv Cook and Dallas Clark.

Tony Moeaki would have held that title if he had remained healthy in my opinion.
Brandon meyers says hi..

Nail meet Hammer! When you equate his size, athleticism then top it with fast.. that’s what separates him from a lot. Not taking anything away from TJ H but I’ve not seen anything like him and the attributes he brings to the table at Iowa in i don’t think ever..
Fant dropped a few passes last year though. That has to stop. The chains must move.

Just goes to show you how much the Underwear Olympics translate to real football. Recruit all the stud Pro Agility guys you can....you have a roster full of soft players.

Shame on me. I got sucked in and fed the troll.

Back to the Noah Fant post: I think it is possible is he will be link#2 in a chain of 4 straight years the Hawks have a first round pick:
2018 - Josh Jackson & James Daniels
2019 - Noah Fant
2020 - Anthony Nelson & Tristan Wirfs
2021 - AJE & Aleric Jackson.

That is 7 1st round picks in 4 years. Hopefully it can keep going after that. Hooker is such a playmaker that if he can continue to improve, then he could be a first round pick in 2020, also.

Based on watching videos and reading articles, Fant has realized he has to improve. Crisp routes should lead to improved timing between Fant and Stanley which should translate into fewer drops. He is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Next evolution is expanded playbook in year 2 to show new wrinkles and expose the mismatches.

I have season tickets to another 5 time Super Bowl winner that happens to be "Americas Team"

Now I see you're full blown mental!

NOBODY outside of a Cowboy fan thinks they're "America's" team! That's not a logo on the helmet, it's a rating!

ISU finally has a winning season and their fans act like they've smoked crack for the 1st time, some clearly aren't acting...

NOBODY outside of a Cowboy fan thinks they're "America's" team! That's not a logo on the helmet, it's a rating!

ISU finally has a winning season and their fans act like they've smoked crack for the 1st time, some clearly aren't acting...

And this is why they shouldn't have an OK season, brings out some real munsons

Team value and merchandise sales might just speak otherwise. Being America's Team means the needle moves nationally when Jerry farts. Most other franchises can't move the needle even when playing well.

ADVERTISEMENT