ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Shannon (and 25 others) will file a Federal Lawsuit this week

So the State of Iowa breaks the law to charge the student athletes with breaking the law. Heads need to roll at the state level with their disregard for following the letter of the law by trampling all over these citizens constitutional rights.

I’m sure they’ve been doing it for years. Someone finally exposed it

Reactions: HawkeyeRH10
How much did the State of Iowa cost Noah?

Because of ONE BET that he placed:
* He couldn't play all last season
* He didn't get drafted, where if he would have played last season, he surely would have

Instead, he signs as an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT.

This is from tonight:

the full text of the tweet:

In the federal lawsuit filed on behalf of 26 former and current student-athletes mostly from Iowa and Iowa State against the Iowa DCI for allegedly violating constitutional rights by warrantless searches, here's an email from Christopher Adkins, Iowa DCI special agent to agents Brian Sanger and Troy Nelson, obtained via FOIA:

“I was thinking about the discussion yesterday surrounding the lowa football program. I might be in the minority, but I think this is one of those things that would bring attention to our unit, not only in the public's eyes, but also as far as the commissioner and even possibly the legislatures.

“As far as the coaches, players, and managers are concerned, we don't necessarily have a crime on the books in lowa, but I think it would be a good idea to report them to the University, the Big Ten, and the NCAA. If they get suspended or get a scholarship taken away, so be it.

“I know it seems like a lot of work for something small, but on a case like this, where it will be higher profile, we can show our worth to the powers to be along with sending out a warning that we will be overseeing things and hopefully work on slowing down these sorts of things in the future.

“And if we pursue this and it hits the media, which it would, and people start asking why nothing criminal was done - we can use that platform to hopefully push legislators for code changes moving forward.”

Much more from @ejohnsonNEWS on the @WHO13news at 6 & 10 PM.

Emphasis mine.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I have to admit I posted months ago that Shannon should sue the NCAA. I'm thrilled that it's happening, but no amount of money can ever give him back his final year of college football.

Totally agree with ^^^. He could have played a lot, played with the defense against Mich in Big Champ game when the hawks really shut down the wolves.

Besides that he probably had his rights violated in a MAJOR way. And I hope the State of Iowa twits involved get caught in this and the state pays.

Gov Dimmy and her cohort love to crow about their state money surplus so now is the time to dip into it.

She certainly isnt using the surpluc to make education and social services better.

My biggest hope is that he lands with an NFL team and goes on to have an outstanding pro career. Regardless, it's true that he'll never get that senior year back, so I hope the lawsuit is successful and he makes bank.

They all should be suing for at least $2M so that after taxes & attorney fees they end up with $1M each.

Or should they be going for more?

It’s terrifying how people in positions of authority have become so far out of touch with reality. You are the criminals.
The people will love us if we significantly overreach on our jobs and directly negatively impact people that have broken no law. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Probably a big payday coming for the plaintiffs and deservedly so.

What sucks is that the taxpayer is always the one that is on the hook for the misdeeds of any public servant goon. If they were also financially responsible they might think twice about going rogue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT