ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Shannon My New Favorite Dude

ukrainehawk

HR All-State
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2005
For the uninitiated, the Noah Shannon interview today was eye-opening and eye-popping. Just hearing this guy's philosophy and his unique and powerful takes on his teammates was astonishing. He never blinked an eye when talking about how tough but brilliant it was to play across from the great O-Linemen its been his privilege to face. What a revelation to hear him say that what he loved about the O-Line and their coach was that they never stopped fighting, every play, every day; and his strong admiration for his own D-Line and D-Line coaches was apparent as well. I loved his self-comparison to Nathan Bazata. I'm really rooting for this guy now...

For the uninitiated, the Noah Shannon interview today was eye-opening and eye-popping. Just hearing this guy's philosophy and his unique and powerful takes on his teammates was astonishing. He never blinked an eye when talking about how tough but brilliant it was to play across from the great O-Linemen its been his privilege to face. What a revelation to hear him say that what he loved about the O-Line and their coach was that they never stopped fighting, every play, every day; and his strong admiration for his own D-Line and D-Line coaches was apparent as well. I loved his self-comparison to Nathan Bazata. I'm really rooting for this guy now...
I agree ... seems like a cool young man.

When he came into the program he was a bit "tubby." For the sake of his health, I'm happy that he slimmed down and reworked his body. I hope that he leads a happy and prosperous life post-football.

But yeah ... I'll definitely be pulling for the young man too!

Reactions: dean_oliver222

You lazy bastard!!! ;)

The interview.

Watch:

After reading the new piece on the Athletic I think he is going to have a really good year. Sounds like he is putting in a ton of work both on and off the field. I think Waggoner is going to have a breakthrough year as well. Not as worried about the DL after hearing what Bell, Niemann, Parker and Kirk have said about some of the guys stepping up. More worried about the OL, specifically tackle.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08

In a very real sense, Shannon's comments provide an insight to the coaching staff's culture. This reflects well on KF & the staff he has assembled.
These kind of comments help to counter last summer's allegations of racism & importantly, a personal testimony that players consider IA & players are family.
Use as a powerful recruiting message, IMHO.
GO HAWKS!!

I remember as a RS FR ... Shannon came in for some reps ... and he even managed to force a fumble or something like that. Guy really does have "natural leverage" ... and he plays with some real toughness.

I can see the parallels between him and Bazata. Bazata was quite the technician ... and, when healthy, was a really solid and productive DT for us.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
In a very real sense, Shannon's comments provide an insight to the coaching staff's culture. This reflects well on KF & the staff he has assembled.
These kind of comments help to counter last summer's allegations of racism & importantly, a personal testimony that players consider IA & players are family.
Use as a powerful recruiting message, IMHO.
GO HAWKS!!

Seems like an outstanding young man. Noah certainly reflects the increasingly rare traits of loyalty and perseverance.

We're not going to win any National Championships and damn few Big Ten Championships, but when you see and hear these high character kids that choose to be Hawkeyes, it numbs the disappointment a bit.

When was the last time we had a real "problem child".....DJK over 10 years ago? That's pretty amazing when you're dealing with over 100 kids every year.

We're not going to win any National Championships and damn few Big Ten Championships, but when you see and hear these high character kids that choose to be Hawkeyes, it numbs the disappointment a bit.

When was the last time we had a real "problem child".....DJK over 10 years ago? That's pretty amazing when you're dealing with over 100 kids every year.
Jermanic Smith was kind of a problem.

There is a reason why KF recruits players with not only specific athletic skills, but character skills too. Far too much time and effort can be wasted on "problems."

I missed out on this, what was the deal with him?
As I recall ... most of it was just entitlement and immaturity issues. I think that he assumed that the starting WR spot was his in the future ... so his development stagnated. That then correlated with the effort he put forth toward his academics too ... and from that point I believe he failed to remain eligible.

I know that DJK had "antics" that infuriated some of the coaching staff back when he was in the program. I don't know if Jermanic had any such similar antics. But I do know that Jermanic didn't take care of his business ... either off the field on or in practice ... and he was shown the door as a result.

I think Kirk has mellowed, probably with the influence of Brian. Character is still a priority but the rules seem to be a little more lenient. ISM had some antics but it all worked out. Guys who somersaulted into the end zone 15 years ago would have been in the doghouse a long time. I'm hoping Kirk's last 4-5 years here are special. The talent level certainly is on an up tick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT