ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Shannon returning..

I have zero confidence this gambling investigation will be put to bed before the season begins. WTF is taking so long? It's inexcusable IMO, let's get this wrapped up please!
If the investigation is ongoing, is there anything preventing these guys from continuing to play during the process? Maybe the judgement gets brushed back until after the season is over.

If the investigation is ongoing, is there anything preventing these guys from continuing to play during the process? Maybe the judgement gets brushed back until after the season is over.
There will be suspensions announced before the season starts. Everyone around the ISU program seems to think Dekkers will be gone for at the least, 3 games.

I think that it is unlikely that any of the athletes will be able to play until this all wraps up. I'm basing this on the fact that Keaton Anthony never played another baseball game for Iowa the rest of the season after the investigation was announced. He was allowed to practice, but was not allowed to compete.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
There will be suspensions announced before the season starts. Everyone around the ISU program seems to think Dekkers will be gone for at the least, 3 games.
Then you have a QB controversy if the guy filling in does okay the first 3 games. Of course Phil is gonna mind F with whoever the starter is when we play them.

I think that it is unlikely that any of the athletes will be able to play until this all wraps up. I'm basing this on the fact that Keaton Anthony never played another baseball game for Iowa the rest of the season after the investigation was announced. He was allowed to practice, but was not allowed to compete.
And he wasn’t even probably using his Moms draft kings account inside the facilities.

My question is, if the feet dragging continues, will we (and ISU for that matter) have to hold people out whether they eventually have to or not? I know they did for baseball. This "nothing to report yet" garbage is a bit of a black cloud right now.

Just hearsay but isu friend mentioned the gossip among clone fans they think more on offense besides him who could miss time besides dekkers. No exact word on who. Hopefully for Iowa Shannon is the only starter. Since start of this only name being thrown around was Bruce and being at okie st no one cares about him missing time anymore. Pretty amazed how tight lipped it has been and no other names leaking out.

I would imagine whoever is involved it shuffles around practice a bit, or do we even know if these folks are being help out of practice? Is Noah practicing for example? Not a real clean process.

ADVERTISEMENT