ADVERTISEMENT

Nobel Peace prize nominees announced

This man is by the book definition of so many psychological disorders, just unbelievable. Obama won it look at me me me me!!! This psycho has the Nuclear codes.

Reactions: Tom Paris
"Trump Doctrine" lol what is that? Did he remember "Bush Doctrine" being used by mainly people who liked Bush? Anyway, what is the Trump Doctrine? Assume you're smarter than every POTUS before you and attempt to solve complex conflicts with your natural charm?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the nomination process for Nobel prizes pretty open and unrestricted.

Like my understanding is that someone here could just go nominate me for a Nobel peace prize. . . I wouldn't get a second look because I'm a no body who hasn't done anything of any great importance, but if someone forwarded that nomination than I could go around claiming I'm a nominee.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the nomination process for Nobel prizes pretty open and unrestricted.

Like my understanding is that someone here could just go nominate me for a Nobel peace prize. . . I wouldn't get a second look because I'm a no body who hasn't done anything of any great importance, but if someone forwarded that nomination than I could go around claiming I'm a nominee.
Probably close to accurate and further proves my point this man is a Psychopath.

So the far right wing guy who nominated him this time nominated him in 2018 also... another bootlicker.

But Trump is in some pretty famous company of terrible men nominated for the prize that includes Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler. Congrats Mr. President??

Just to **** with Trump it would be hilarious if Biden is elected and immediately wins a Nobel Peace prize.
When the counting of votes is over and Biden is declared the winner it should be a world wide holiday. I'll propose a vote to the UN Body in 2021 session.

I'm ok with Trump winning the Nobel as long as he loses in November. Kind of a "runnerup" trophy.

Lou Dobbs... another guy that changed his political views once he started drawing a paycheck from Fox. Like Lil Tuck...it really does matter who you work for.

Reactions: mnole03

Not quite. According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:

• Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
  • Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
  • Members of l’Institut de Droit International
  • Members of the international board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
  • University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
  • Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
  • Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

Yeah. There are like 328 nominees for this year. Thousands of people can submit nominees.

Not quite. According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:

• Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of states
  • Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
  • Members of the international board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
  • University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
  • Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)

Well we all now know how Trump got a nomination.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Which ones?

Malignant narcissist.

“Kernberg described malignant narcissism as a syndrome characterized by a narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), antisocial features, paranoid traits, and egosyntonic aggression. Other symptoms may include an absence of conscience, a psychological need for power, and a sense of importance (grandiosity).”

Kernberg is a gold standard in the fied of personality disorders but when you are diagnosing people there is an actual "manual" that is used not the publications of a theorist. Feel free to point out the 5 of 9 needed out of the DSM but realize your talking about some serious shit. Don't you think these are applicable also?
More information

• grandiose fantasies and behavior, such as a preoccupation with thoughts of personal success, power, and attractiveness or sex appeal
  • little or no empathy for other people’s emotions or feelings
  • a significant need for attention, admiration, and recognition
  • an inflated sense of self-importance, such as a tendency to exaggerate personal talent or achievements
  • a belief in personal specialness and superiority
  • a sense of entitlement
  • a tendency to take advantage of others or exploit people for personal gain
  • arrogant or conceited behavior and attitudes
  • a tendency to envy others and believe others envy them

(You go with most limited diagnosis.)

He can’t let it go. Do we think he understands the distinction between “nominated” and “awarded”? Or maybe he just assumes his supporters won’t know the difference.

Kernberg is a gold standard in the fied of personality disorders but when you are diagnosing people there is an actual "manual" that is used not the publications of a theorist. Feel free to point out the 5 of 9 needed out of the DSM but realize your talking about some serious shit. Don't you think these are applicable also?
More information

• grandiose fantasies and behavior, such as a preoccupation with thoughts of personal success, power, and attractiveness or sex appeal
  • an inflated sense of self-importance, such as a tendency to exaggerate personal talent or achievements
  • a sense of entitlement

Trump would score a perfect 9 out of 9. Just the best. It's not even debatable.

psy·cho·path
/ˈsīkəˌpaTH/
an unstable and aggressive person.
"schoolyard psychopaths will gather around a fight to encourage the combatants"

This is Trump to the T stoking the flames.
You should be aware that the dictionary is not the Diagnostic and Statistic manual actually required for diagnosis of the disorder.

The Nobel Prize has become a joke: may as well give him one.

Even Obama supporters cringed at the circumstances surrounding his award.

I hope people do realize the Nobel Peace Prize and the real Nobel Prize, given for such things as Physics, Medicine etc., have 0 relationship to each other. They are entirely unrelated.

You should be aware that the dictionary is not the Diagnostic and Statistic manual actually required for diagnosis of the disorder.
Agree, passes the eye test and me providing a diagnosis is like the majority of his Cabinet members and appointees overseeing things they are grossly incompetent to do.

So the far right wing guy who nominated him this time nominated him in 2018 also... another bootlicker.

But Trump is in some pretty famous company of terrible men nominated for the prize that includes Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler. Congrats Mr. President??
Mount Rushmore of Nobel peace prize nominees.

Reactions: ICHawk-I
Agree, passes the eye test and me providing a diagnosis is like the majority of his Cabinet members and appointees overseeing things they are grossly incompetent to do.
"Passes the eye test" do you understand how many labels I could put on you based off the "eye test" you present on this board?

This man is by the book definition of so many psychological disorders, just unbelievable. Obama won it look at me me me me!!! This psycho has the Nuclear codes.

And yet he has still started fewer wars than Obama.

f38.png

"Passes the eye test" do you understand how many labels I could put on you based off the "eye test" you present on this board?
And considering it's you we shouldn't take anything from it. Refute the definition of it to his actions and behavior or the parase of misfit hacks in key positions. Can't wait.

Thanks.

Reactions: naturalmwa

Do we have any of those on HROT? I think nominating one of our own for the Noble Piece Prize could be more fun than @WorldSeriesChamps2015 begging for WPOTY votes.

More information

• a sense of entitlement

Extra credit for ticking all the boxes? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT