ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody wanted Iowa in the Big Ten Championship

punk1980

Team MVP
Sep 22, 2018
It was pretty obvious from the get go that the powers on high wanted anyone other than Iowa to represent the West. The refs did everything they could to extend Nebraska drives. Without a bunch of generous calls, the Huskers would have stalled out in the middle of the field.

The sad part is because of how inept Iowa's offense is, they could do nothing to keep the defense off the field.

At this point I have to agree, I wouldn't want our team representing the best of the conference either. If we had just a serviceable offense we could be a perennial New Years Six team. If we had an average to good offense we could be a CFP contender regularly, unfortunately, we have statistically the worst P5 offense in the nation and we are Iowa.

Kirk learned his lesson last year ... he wanted no part of another 50 pt beat down by OhioSt. Almost look like he threw the game with that soft weak D and well the O is always hot crap.
Oh well saved him an embarrassing blowout loss.

O M G
There really are ISU fans posing as Iowa fans on here. OP could have been taken directly from Matty when Clown College played in their CCG.

Reactions: blhawk
What I don’t understand with the conference ref situation .. Iowa and MN play a full game with no flags, next week Iowa gets called for (I don’t know how many but quite a bit)… most calls yesterday were correct as well, but the coaches and players the refs to be consistent game to game within the conference.

What I don’t understand with the conference ref situation .. Iowa and MN play a full game with no flags, next week Iowa gets called for (I don’t know how many but quite a bit)… most calls yesterday were correct as well, but the coaches and players the refs to be consistent game to game within the conference.
Those things happen when a team is not mentally ready to play. It was crystal clear that Iowa was not ready to play that game.

It was pretty obvious from the get go that the powers on high wanted anyone other than Iowa to represent the West. The refs did everything they could to extend Nebraska drives. Without a bunch of generous calls, the Huskers would have stalled out in the middle of the field.

The sad part is because of how inept Iowa's offense is, they could do nothing to keep the defense off the field.

At this point I have to agree, I wouldn't want our team representing the best of the conference either. If we had just a serviceable offense we could be a perennial New Years Six team. If we had an average to good offense we could be a CFP contender regularly, unfortunately, we have statistically the worst P5 offense in the nation and we are Iowa.
cool-story-bro-cowboy.gif

The Big 12 eliminated divisions after losing too many teams, heck they had to get a waiver to even have a conference title game. But they were açcidentally progressive in the way they just put the two teams with the best record in the title game. It's been downright terrible with the ACC, B1G, and SEC the last decade.

It would have been better to have the two best teams compete in the title game . Who cares if you get Michigan vs Ohio State two weeks in a row. It would have been interesting to see how Michigan would have done against Ohio State the second time last year. Iowa didn't belong in that game. Illinois is likely the only team that even has any claim this year. They lost to Michigan on a last second field goal. I think they would match up well next week. But outside of them, I really don't see much of a contest.

Ohio State, and Alabama have gotten into the playoff without even making it to their title games. So what does it even mean?

Nebraska was there for all of the self inflicted mistakes by Iowa, and Iowa still almost pulled it off.

Kudos to them.

ADVERTISEMENT