ADVERTISEMENT

Noles FB

tumorboy

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2002
So sense he who shall not be named is entrenched as QB1. Thinking of adopting FSU at least for the season. Tell me more about this years team Nole refugees. Watched the LSU game so they've already won me over by beating Kelly. Any shot at ACC title?

One game at a time.

Is there a chance? Yes. FSU was leading Clemson in the 4th quarter last year before imploding. Wake will still be a challenge because they somehow always have a dozen or so 6th year seniors and solid coaching. FSU can't afford too many injuries, especially at QB, OL, ad LB. They have a little depth elsewhere.

Reactions: tumorboy
Running QBs tend to make us look like silly.
You’ll probably get to see clips of Lamar Jackson torching us this Friday.

One game at a time.

Is there a chance? Yes. FSU was leading Clemson in the 4th quarter last year before imploding. Wake will still be a challenge because they somehow always have a dozen or so 6th year seniors and solid coaching. FSU can't afford too many injuries, especially at QB, OL, ad LB. They have a little depth elsewhere.
Are they in the same division as Clemson?

Are they in the same division as Clemson?

Yes, we are in the same division as Clemson.

Our overall roster has improved compared to what it looked like when Norvell arrived, but our season will largely depend on whether our starting QB stays healthy (he's been injury-prone during his time here). With him on the field, healthy, we can compete with anyone on our schedule (not that we'll beat them all, but we are capable of beating everyone). If he gets hurt, we'll have a hard time competing with anyone we play. Of our two backups, one has looked awful when he's played, and the other is a true freshman.

Yes.

Clemson has a great defense, despite losing Venables. They have ridiculous talent on offense, but are breaking in a new OC.
Well granted small sample. The games I watched FSU looked like they could hang with them.

Well granted small sample. The games I watched FSU looked like they could hang with them.
Louisville tomorrow night will be a good indicator. Louisville's home opener, and they seem to always get up for FSU. FSU seems to historically have 2 major weaknesses - running QB's and covering TE's. If the pass rush stays disciplined, and FSU successfully spies on Cunningham, FSU should win.

After that it will be about staying focused each and every week. Get a bad BC team at home, then Wake, NC State and Clemson.

Reactions: funksouljon
Louisville tomorrow night will be a good indicator. Louisville's home opener, and they seem to always get up for FSU. FSU seems to historically have 2 major weaknesses - running QB's and covering TE's. If the pass rush stays disciplined, and FSU successfully spies on Cunningham, FSU should win.

After that it will be about staying focused each and every week. Get a bad BC team at home, then Wake, NC State and Clemson.
Louisville's offense looked salty. But after watching Iowa. Everyone looks like the Greatest Show on Turf.

Any shot at ACC title?
Small shot. I would say maybe 10%. Same division as Clemson and NC State and we play a ton of experienced QBs (5th and 6th year Srs). Consistent play has been a problem the past several years, so we shall see if they can put together a few games in a row to overcome that and be undefeated by the time they get to play Clemson. And if our QB is out for a game or even misses a good portion or critical portion of a game, you can probably count on it being a loss. If they get to the Clemson game undefeated and beat them then they should have a great chance of getting in the ACC championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT