ADVERTISEMENT

Nolf getting 6th year also. Was hurt his rs jr year!

Telford should get at least 2 more years and Stoll should get all 4 years back. Metcalf was hurt during the year VT took from him and McD gets another year also since he was hurt his senior year. Borschel told me he had a hangnail during his year he didn't get to compete because of VT and stubbed a toe during his redshirt year, hence 2 more years for him.

McDonough was hurt his senior year, as was Big Sam maybe two more years for big Sam. CASS on a missionary year and then his Olympic year. I Got a connection to the LDS so we've got a couple missions to Africa we can sign them up, Bull too.
I think I referenced this in one of my past posts defeating game of thrones houses to certain wresting programs.
Iowa led by tome brands first of his name is without a doubt house stark. Would it have been advantageous to seek medical for McD, Stoll, and Bull and work the system etc.....yes, but they wouldn’t be the honorable thing to do. And as we know, when you play the game of thrones, you either live or your die.
House Lannister, penn st, plays the game and they play it well. Kudos

I think I referenced this in one of my past posts defeating game of thrones houses to certain wresting programs.
Iowa led by tome brands first of his name is without a doubt house stark. Would it have been advantageous to seek medical for McD, Stoll, and Bull and work the system etc.....yes, but they wouldn’t be the honorable thing to do. And as we know, when you play the game of thrones, you either live or your die.

Doing all in your power to give McD the opportunity to maximize his shot at his goals actually would be honorable.

Another year for Stoll would not be advantageous, IMO.

Marinelli came up short of his goals because of injury?

Doing all in your power to give McD the opportunity to maximize his shot at his goals actually would be honorable.

Another year for Stoll would not be advantageous, IMO.

Marinelli came up short of his goals because of injury?
You see that giant leg brace he wears?

Reactions: SDHN2013
You see that giant leg brace he wears?

That's why he got upset at Nationals?
I respect the hell out of the guy, but he stumbled unexpectedly in both seasons, and the knee wasn't the reason.

Besides, didn't someone in-the-know explain here about a month ago that the knee issue is permanent? That there is no recovery possible, and so a year off to rehab and go for a 6th doesn't make sense?

Man, six years of the college wrestling grind does not sound fun at all.
It's a good thing Penn State has a wrestling club. Other wise these kids couldn't afford to be in college that many years and paying for 75% of their tuition:eek:

Upset? Stumbled unexpectedly?

Lewis is legit AF. Beat your boy harder than he beat Marinelli. Joseph got a gift with the draw. You're a goofball.

A 7th-place finish is what Marinelli and everyone else were expecting?

Yeah, I'd say he got upset and stumbled unexpectedly. I'm not sure what Joseph has to do with the subject, though. Marinelli didn't face him at Nationals.

I don't know why this upsets to many Iowa fans. It does nothing other than make us look pretty and jealous--other than stupid of course. If and when Kem gets his 6th year I don't think Iowa fans will mind much.
When I think Iowa wrestling I don’t think “pretty.” Maybe OHST with their tanning and all or PSU with their fancy hairdos, but not Iowa. I’m sorry SPOONER I’m just being a little petty. ;)

He lost twice and was a very slight favorite over both guys. (Only due to seed and record. Not previous matches vs them)

He lost to Lewis last time they wrestled last summer. He hadn't wrestled Marstellar before. And Marstellar is probably the worst matchup for Marinelli stylistically out of anyone at that weight.

Excuses.

He was the favorite, even with a bad knee, and he got upset twice.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Didn't Nikal have a hangnail or something?

Can we get back to the subject of medical redshirt abuse? What YOUR excuse for those?

No abuse = no excuse necessary.

My guess is that people are griping about Cassar only because he is a PSU guy and/or they don't like his personality. If he wrestled for a non-contending team and/or was more humble on the mat and in interviews, most would probably be happy for him (given how much opportunity he lost to injury early in his career).

Where was all the outrage when Leeth got 2 years?

The complainers here have a problem with Cassar, not with the extra years he is being granted.

My question would be if he didn't wrestle for psu would he get both years and could that school "move" money around to make it work??

That's why he got upset at Nationals?
I respect the hell out of the guy, but he stumbled unexpectedly in both seasons, and the knee wasn't the reason.

Besides, didn't someone in-the-know explain here about a month ago that the knee issue is permanent? That there is no recovery possible, and so a year off to rehab and go for a 6th doesn't make sense?

If it’s permanent I think it means he can wrestle indefinitely.

Some people do like wrestling. I’d love to have another year.

giphy.gif

When he gets his 5th and 6th year what happens to the 9.9 scholarships? Does he have to give some it up or how does the NCAA lock at these?
I think these should be public records and every school should have to show these just like a how much a president of a college make, the coaches and teachers.

When he gets his 5th and 6th year what happens to the 9.9 scholarships? Does he have to give some it up or how does the NCAA lock at these?
I think these should be public records and every school should have to show these just like a how much a president of a college make, the coaches and teachers.
Is that a new thing for you, or did you feel that way back when Iowa was on top of the world, too?

Marinelli had the worst draw imaginable for a 1 seed. I simply don’t remember a 1 seed having that tough of a road and I remember a TON of NCAAs.

With that said, knocking him for a 7th place finish is ridiculously disingenuous. He wrestles Joe Smith 1st round, majors his 2nd opponent and then draws a world champ in the quarters who goes on to win a ridiculously deep weight rather convincingly.

So, what does the #1 seed get right when he drops down? Logan Massa. He wins that and who does he get? The returning 4th in Marsteller, who would go on to take 3rd.

When your only losses are to the 1st and 3rd place finishers, using the 7th place finish is soooo disingenuous considering he was far from only being the 7th best in that tournament. Sometimes the draw does not properly represent the finish.......

Last edited:

Yikes! McD lost a year of college competition because the Iowa staff has some misguided idea of what is “honorable”? No wonder so many many of the best wrestlers would rather compete elsewhere.

It's not just slushead... I checked back on this board tonight after reading nothing on it all day, and the top three threads are 1. Bartlett 2. Cassar and 3. Nolf.

Waaay too many posts about PSU garbage and from PSU "fans."

I agree there are a lot of posts about PSU. Interestingly, most of them are initiated by Iowa fans, and a substantial number of those posts are, indeed, garbage.

Look guys, it's real simple. Keep accusing PSU of cheating, using PEDs, and dirty recruiting tactics; keep name-calling when other posters question or rebut the accusations; keep denigrating Cael and PSU. The back-and-forth with PSU fans over PSU subjects will then continue on and on and on.

To provoke and then feel entitled to no response is a strange way to go about life here. If you don't want to hear about PSU on an Iowa forum, your first step would be to post less about PSU.

I come here for a variety of reasons:
• wrestling news
• stories about people's personal experiences with the sport
• friendly banter & common ground with rival fans
• wrestling analysis
• varying perpsectives and points of view

Unfortunately, the potential for a lot of that is squashed by hate, anger, and malice. Even if it is just by a vocal minority, the volume of what they pump out overwhelms all the good stuff people otherwise seek here.

That's what I see from where I sit.

Yikes! McD lost a year of college competition because the Iowa staff has some misguided idea of what is “honorable”? No wonder so many many of the best wrestlers would rather compete elsewhere.
Who wouldn't want to compete for a university that will forever be known for the longest child molestation case in history. And all the administration, and fans did was act like it didn't happen and sweep it under the rug. We won't forget, we will never forget. We Are, Ped State. You should be sooooooo proud.

I agree there are a lot of posts about PSU. Interestingly, most of them are initiated by Iowa fans, and a substantial number of those posts are, indeed, garbage.

Look guys, it's real simple. Keep accusing PSU of cheating, using PEDs, and dirty recruiting tactics; keep name-calling when other posters question or rebut the accusations; keep denigrating Cael and PSU. The back-and-forth with PSU fans over PSU subjects will then continue on and on and on.

To provoke and then feel entitled to no response is a strange way to go about life here. If you don't want to hear about PSU on an Iowa forum, your first step would be to post less about PSU.

I come here for a variety of reasons:
• wrestling news
• stories about people's personal experiences with the sport
• friendly banter & common ground with rival fans
• wrestling analysis
• varying perpsectives and points of view

Unfortunately, the potential for a lot of that is squashed by hate, anger, and malice. Even if it is just by a vocal minority, the volume of what they pump out overwhelms all the good stuff people otherwise seek here.

That's what I see from where I sit.
Or, our mods can ban you pieces of shit like your super sensitive mods do on Pedpohile Illustrated. Go away pedophile backer.

Who wouldn't want to compete for a university that will forever be known for the longest child molestation case in history. And all the administration, and fans did was act like it didn't happen and sweep it under the rug. We won't forget, we will never forget. We Are, Ped State. You should be sooooooo proud.

Or, our mods can ban you pieces of shit like your super sensitive mods do on Pedpohile Illustrated. Go away pedophile backer.

giphy.gif

Reactions: lionlover
Marinelli has the worst draw imaginable for a 1 seed. I simply don’t remember a 1 seed having that tough of a road and I remember a TON of NCAAs.

With that said, knocking him for a 7th place finish is ridiculously disingenuous. He wrestles Joe Smith 1st round, majors his 2nd opponent and then draws a world champ in the quarters who goes on to win a ridiculously deep weight rather convincingly.

So, what does the #1 seed get right when he drops down? Logan Massa. He wins that and who does he get? The returning 4th in Marsteller, who would go on to take 3rd.

When your only losses are to the 1st and 3rd place finishers, using the 7th place finish is soooo disingenuous considering he was for from only being the 7th best in that tournament. Sometimes the draw does not properly represent the finish.......

I think you're overlooking why the finish was brought up. I like Marinelli and was bummed for him that he didn't make the finals. I just don't believe it was because of his knee.

Everything else you said is true. He had a tough bracket.

It's a good thing Penn State has a wrestling club. Other wise these kids couldn't afford to be in college that many years and paying for 75% of their tuition:eek:

If that’s such a great idea, why the ....... doesn’t Iowa do it.

WEH8ST8HAWK,

This line of attack has got to stop. I can't be the only Hawk fan that is embarrassed, frustrated, and angered when people post like this. If you truly cared about the horrible acts that occurred, there would be no way that you would use it as a means to attack posters that you know nothing about. To call someone a pedophile backer for being a PSU wrestling fan is way over the line. That would be as ridiculous as calling all Germans Nazis, or attacking MSU158 because of Larry Nassar(sorry for dragging you into this MSU158). These types of posts should never be accepted, no matter what provocation led to it.

Please, have some tact. Don't resort to using incidents as vile as molestation as a means to put down PSU posters. Some of them may be asshats and trolls, but they have absolutely NOTHING to do with that POS Sandusky.

WEH8ST8HAWK,

This line of attack has got to stop. I can't be the only Hawk fan that is embarrassed, frustrated, and angered when people post like this. If you truly cared about the horrible acts that occurred, there would be no way that you would use it as a means to attack posters that you know nothing about. To call someone a pedophile backer for being a PSU wrestling fan is way over the line. That would be as ridiculous as calling all Germans Nazis, or attacking MSU158 because of Larry Nassar(sorry for dragging you into this MSU158). These types of posts should never be accepted, no matter what provocation led to it.

Please, have some tact. Don't resort to using incidents as vile as molestation as a means to put down PSU posters. Some of them may be asshats and trolls, but they have absolutely NOTHING to do with that POS Sandusky.

Seriously, THANK YOU!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT