ADVERTISEMENT

Nolooking forward to Pitt-Iowa game Saturday ...

Nov 19, 2001
because it will be the end of our brief 4 game series. The games have been close and entertaining and I will miss them. I have always liked the Hawkeyes since I was a young kid watching Bob Jeter run for all those yards in a 50s Rose Bowl. I am a diehard Pitt fan, but I also have great respect for Iowa Hawkeye football. Good luck to your team the rest of the year after our game.

This will be the last non-conference game against a Power 5 conference team, except for ISU, for quite sometime. Too bad. I'm with Yoda - Pitt would have been a better addition to the B1G than Maryland or Rutgers. Or Nebraska, for that matter, IMHO.

This will be the last non-conference game against a Power 5 conference team, except for ISU, for quite sometime. Too bad. I'm with Yoda - Pitt would have been a better addition to the B1G than Maryland or Rutgers. Or Nebraska, for that matter, IMHO.

Well Rutgers has certainly made a name for themselves since joining the league. That entire athletic department is a train wreck.

Well Rutgers has certainly made a name for themselves since joining the league. That entire athletic department is a train wreck.

Yeah - Rutgers is a disaster. I understand the decision to add Rutgers and Maryland because of their large TV markets, but the B1G ignored that factor when Nebraska was added instead of Mizzou. KC/STL and the state of Missouri is a much larger TV market than Nebraska, but Delaney & Bonnie and Friends went with "tradition" instead. Bad move. MU is better academically than UNL and these days, the Tigers have a better football team than the Huskers!

Reactions: VodkaSam
As a Pitt fan I'm going to miss it as well. I've been to the first 3 games and I'll be leaving tomorrow for Iowa city. Had a great time there in 2011. Easily one of the nicest fan bases I've encountered. A bunch of odd things have happened in this series as well. The announcement Pitt was joining the ACC came before the game in 2011. Every game has been close. Oddly enough Pitt has had a different HC in each matchup. Looking forward to a great time this weekend.

Reactions: icu81222
As a Pitt fan I'm going to miss it as well. I've been to the first 3 games and I'll be leaving tomorrow for Iowa city. Had a great time there in 2011. Easily one of the nicest fan bases I've encountered. A bunch of odd things have happened in this series as well. The announcement Pitt was joining the ACC came before the game in 2011. Every game has been close. Oddly enough Pitt has had a different HC in each matchup. Looking forward to a great time this weekend.

If/when we play again, I hope you've still got Narduzzi. I think he'll end up being a better fit for you guys than the last 3.

I would agree that adding Pitt to the Big would have been better then Rutgers or Maryland, but have to disagree that adding Nebraska was a bad move. More people would rather watch Nebraska play then Missouri, which would bring more TV exposure. Prestige, Missouri really would not have added any. Of course, I don't see any prestige added with Rutgers, so what do I know.

I would agree that adding Pitt to the Big would have been better then Rutgers or Maryland, but have to disagree that adding Nebraska was a bad move. More people would rather watch Nebraska play then Missouri, which would bring more TV exposure. Prestige, Missouri really would not have added any. Of course, I don't see any prestige added with Rutgers, so what do I know.

The two recent expansion moves were made for different reasons.

but the B1G ignored that factor when Nebraska was added instead of Mizzou. KC/STL and the state of Missouri is a much larger TV market than Nebraska, but Delaney & Bonnie and Friends went with "tradition" instead. Bad move. MU is better academically than UNL and these days, the Tigers have a better football team than the Huskers!
Nebraska is a much larger brand and TV draw than Missouri. Its not even close.

Academically, AWRU world rankings have Nebraska in the 201-300 group, Missouri in 301-400. Iowa is 151-200.

USNWR has Nebraska and Missouri tied at 103.

Penn St should have been thrown out of the Big 10 for the Sandusky issue! Pitt should have been added at that time. Why we didn't bounce PSU is beyond me.

Reactions: Pittarific
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT