ADVERTISEMENT

***Nominations are open for 2020 Non-Iowa POTY***

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
The rule for 2020 has been everything must suck and the quality of non-Iowa posters is definitely not the exception that proves the rule. Does anybody even know the difference in these Florida posters? Trad is a POS so its easy to tell him apart but most of them are all the same. Have they added to the quality of the board? I don't know. I do know sometime after they all started coming here, 290k people died in the US from covid. Do you really think there isn't a connection? With that said, Tom says I have to do the award or I'll stop getting my free membership so here we are.

If you think somebody has shined in 2020, now is your chance to help them be recognized for their contributions. This isn't a lifetime achievement award, nor is it a chance to give internet handjobs to your board crushes. Be objective and give this the thought it deserves.

This award is open to all posters that aren't here primarily because of their Iowa fandom. Iowa State fans, Florida people, North Carolina people, bots, etc. Previous winners include @BelemNole in 2019 and me every year before that.

We'll take nominations for an arbitrary amount of time decided by me and then I'll make a poll for the vote. If you would like to nominate somebody, either nominate them in this thread or like a post that has nominated them. Top nominees go in the final poll. Be warned, if a poster nominates three posters and you like it, you are seconding the nomination for all three. So consider posting your own nomination if you think one or two of those three are complete junk. Arguments about why somebody actually sucks in encouraged.

The committee this year has added something new. Winner of this award and the Most Improved Poster award will automatically be entered into the POTY award competition. It's like winning an amateur tournament that gets you entered into a professional tournament.

Results from 2019
nFTEMur.jpeg

How can anyone here trust any type of “mailed” balloting? I say the system is rigged from the get-go! Don’t trust it! Maybe the voting should be limited to one day and all the votes must be tabulated within a few minutes the voting ceases.
Bingo, MF.

So this is basically the FSU poster of the year award. Look at your list, all but one have names that reference FSU.

Non Iowa fan. It would make sense for a Hawkeye fan living in Colorado to frequent this website. This is for people who are either here in exile or who took a detour and found a place with a scenic view.
Well then I think I have to change my vote but admittedly I have no idea if Oit likes the Hawks.

Well then I think I have to change my vote but admittedly I have no idea if Oit likes the Hawks.

OiT was a union Democrat before Ronnie Harmon's fumbles in the Rose Bowl. I actually do have some sympathy for his inclinations regarding conspiracy theories that I don't have for non Iowa fans. OiT did a 12 Saturdays podcast with @torbee and @bladel once.

Edit: It takes all of us to END APOSTROPHE ABUSE.

Last edited:
How can anyone here trust any type of “mailed” balloting? I say the system is rigged from the get-go! Don’t trust it! Maybe the voting should be limited to one day and all the votes must be tabulated within a few minutes the voting ceases.
You got that right... those MFers were counting the M1 vs M2 votes for weeks after the original closing time... where BTW, M1 easily won.

The rule for 2020 has been everything must suck and the quality of non-Iowa posters is definitely not the exception that proves the rule. Does anybody even know the difference in these Florida posters? Trad is a POS so its easy to tell him apart but most of them are all the same. Have they added to the quality of the board? I don't know. I do know sometime after they all started coming here, 290k people died in the US from covid. Do you really think there isn't a connection? With that said, Tom says I have to do the award or I'll stop getting my free membership so here we are.

If you think somebody has shined in 2020, now is your chance to help them be recognized for their contributions. This isn't a lifetime achievement award, nor is it a chance to give internet handjobs to your board crushes. Be objective and give this the thought it deserves.

This award is open to all posters that aren't here primarily because of their Iowa fandom. Iowa State fans, Florida people, North Carolina people, bots, etc. Previous winners include @BelemNole in 2019 and me every year before that.

We'll take nominations for an arbitrary amount of time decided by me and then I'll make a poll for the vote. If you would like to nominate somebody, either nominate them in this thread or like a post that has nominated them. Top nominees go in the final poll. Be warned, if a poster nominates three posters and you like it, you are seconding the nomination for all three. So consider posting your own nomination if you think one or two of those three are complete junk. Arguments about why somebody actually sucks in encouraged.

The committee this year has added something new. Winner of this award and the Most Improved Poster award will automatically be entered into the POTY award competition. It's like winning an amateur tournament that gets you entered into a professional tournament.

Results from 2019
nFTEMur.jpeg
I think you can just copy and paste this same list.

OiT was a union Democrat before Ronnie Harmon's fumbles in the Rose Bowl. I actually do have some sympathy for his inclinations regarding conspiracy theories that I don't have for non Iowa fans. OiT did a 12 Saturdays podcast with @torbee and @bladel once.

Edit: It takes all of us to END APOSTROPHE ABUSE.
We also had a beer with StevenPatrick at a brewery in Moline, but nobody believes us about that one, either.

Results from 2019
nFTEMur.jpeg
@Formerly Rockymtnole
@noleclone2
@FSUTribe76
@Nole Lou
@DFSNOLE
@TarponSpringsNole
@OrlandNole
@fsu1jreed
@BelemNole
@gusto79
and I guess @BABiscuit

Results from 2019
nFTEMur.jpeg
I'll throw in @goldmom for her pluckiness even though I disagree with a lot of her takes, and @The Tradition for his cooking threads.

ADVERTISEMENT