ADVERTISEMENT

Nonconf Schedule for 2022-2023: Oct 31 vs Truman State. Season Opener is Nov 7 vs Bethune Cookman. Emerald Coast Classic in Niceville, FL Nov 25-26

Not ideal having to play ISU 2 days after Duke. No prep time.

at least we have them at home

Also, Iowa plays their second game in a row on Nov 26 in Florida. Not sure if they will fly back that day or on Nov 27. Then, 2 days later, on Nov 29, they play Georgia Tech. Lets hope there is not a let down in that very winnable game.

Reactions: NI hawk
ESPN's Way Too Early Top 25
As of July 26:

#5 Duke (Dec 6, Jimmy V Classic, Madison Square Garden)

#17 TCU (Nov 25 Iowa/Clemson winner plays TCU/Cal winner on Nov 26; Emerald Coast Classic, Niceville, FL)

Update:

We now have our exhibition game lined up.

Exhibition game:

Mon Oct 31: vs Truman State (Head Coach: Jeff Horner)

The 11 nonconference games:

(Game 1) Nov 7: Bethune Cookman

(Game 2) Nov. 11: North Carolina A&T

(Game 3) Nov 16: at Seton Hall (Gavitt Games, B1G vs Big East)

(Game 4) Nov 21 vs Omaha (Emerald Coast Classic prelim game)

(Game 5) Nov 25 vs Clemson Emerald Coast Classic

(Game 6) Nov 26 vs TCU or Cal Emerald Coast Classic

(Game 7) Nov 29, ACC-Big Ten Challenge (at CHA) vs Georgia Tech

(Game 8 ): Dec 6, Jimmy V Classic, vs Duke (Madison Square Garden)

(Game 9) Dec 8 vs Iowa State, at CHA

(Game 10) Dec 17: SEMO

(Game 11): Dec. 21: Eastern Illinois

Truman also plays Purdue in an exhibition a few days later so that'll make for a fun little comparison.

Will be fun to see how exactly Horner likes his teams to play. Though the way they play against Iowa will probably be different than the way they'd play against D2 teams.

Truman also plays Purdue in an exhibition a few days later so that'll make for a fun little comparison.

Will be fun to see how exactly Horner likes his teams to play. Though the way they play against Iowa will probably be different than the way they'd play against D2 teams.
Horner said he's going to make Jim Carey the star of the show

it will be nice to see Jeff coaching in CHA

Reactions: Ronman
Updated September 3:

We have our exhibition game and all 11 nonconference games lined up now.

Exhibition game:

Mon Oct 31: vs Truman State

The 11 nonconference games:

(Game 1) Nov 7: Bethune Cookman

(Game 2) Nov. 11: North Carolina A&T

(Game 3) Nov 16: at Seton Hall (Gavitt Games, B1G vs Big East)

(Game 4, 5, 6) Three Games--Iowa is contracted to play in the 2022 Emerald Coast Classic in Niceville, FL, on Nov. 25-26, 2022 at Raider Arena on the campus of Northwest Florida State College. Iowa, TCU, Clemson, and Cal headline the tournament.

Nov 21: ONE PLELIMINARY GAME (vs Omaha) will be held on campus.

Nov 25 & Nov 26: The 2 other games will be played in Niceville, FL. In the opening games, Iowa will face Clemson; TCU will play California.

Iowa also played in the 2016 Emerald Coast Classic, where they went 2-2 (Iowa beat Savannah State and UTRGV on campus; they then lost to Virginia by 33 and Memphis by 8 to finish 4th; Virginia was the champion, Providence, runner-up). Tourney website: www.emeraldcoastclassic.com

(Game 7) Nov 29, ACC-Big Ten Challenge (at CHA) vs Georgia Tech

(Game 8 ): Dec 6, Jimmy V Classic, vs Duke (Madison Square Garden)

(Game 9) Dec 8 vs Iowa State, at CHA

(Game 10) Dec 17: SEMO

(Game 11): Dec. 21: Eastern Illinois

Damn. Wish this game was in Kirksville, Mo. (home of the Bulldogs). I could run up and catch that one... :(

Reactions: Franisdaman
I'd rather go to this exhibition then pay an extra 10 bucks for BTN+, for the month of October.
As it is, it looks like I'll have to pay for November and December for the games against Bethune Cookman, North Carolina A&T, Omaha, Southeastern Missouri, and Eastern Illinois as the worst scenario.
I'm sure that some of the Iowa games will also be on Peacock, but I'll be damn if I'm going to pay for another steaming service, I'll just have to be content to listen to Gary and Bobby. which in my opinion is not a bad alternative.

I'd rather go to this exhibition then pay an extra 10 bucks for BTN+, for the month of October.
As it is, it looks like I'll have to pay for November and December for the games against Bethune Cookman, North Carolina A&T, Omaha, Southeastern Missouri, and Eastern Illinois as the worst scenario.
I'm sure that some of the Iowa games will also be on Peacock, but I'll be damn if I'm going to pay for another steaming service, I'll just have to be content to listen to Gary and Bobby. which in my opinion is not a bad alternative.
Peacock doesn't start until the '23 season I believe.

Peacock doesn't start until the '23 season I believe.

Yep. The next media rights deal begins July 1, 2023.

Something to monitor this week. Yetna and Harris are projected to be major contributors this year according to Torvik's projections.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT