ADVERTISEMENT

Nord Stream 2 Ukraine - Russia

Auger

HR All-American
Sep 14, 2007
The entire Ukraine - Russia drama has been overhyped. However overhyped it is still a calculated strategy. Unfortunately Germany is the villain in all of this.

The Ukraine - Russia drama was orchestrated it seems on both sides. Yes Russia announced months ago they would be conducting military drills as they have many times on the borders of Ukraine. Yes it is well known Ukraine has spent millions lobbying US and UK politicians for support stopping Nord Stream 2 the pipeline that will double the oil output from Russia to Germany/Europe. The new pipeline would weaken Poland and the Ukraine. It would also significantly shift Europe's reliance on Russian oil which the US and UK don't like.

I'm not a fan of Biden but I agree that he needed to overhype a potential Russian invasion of the Ukraine in order to rally the European countries along with the UK of drawing a red line in the sand with Russia. Problem is Germany has been less than supportive of outright canceling Nord Stream 2 if Russia invades Ukraine. Thus creating some small cracks in the western alliance. Not a Trump fan either but he was right that more pressure needed to be put on Germany and not just Russia over canceling Nord Stream 2. Germany has been allowed to hide in the shadows over the past two years over NS2.

I doubt Russia invades Ukraine in the next month. NS2 is projected to start flowing into Germany by the end of the summer. Putin won't jeopardize it now. However I think he and China wanted to see how Germany and the rest of Europe would react when the US and UK applied pressure. Putin will strike after the Ukraine is weakened and Europe is very Russian reliant on its energy.

The entire Ukraine - Russia drama has been overhyped. However overhyped it is still a calculated strategy. Unfortunately Germany is the villain in all of this.

The Ukraine - Russia drama was orchestrated it seems on both sides. Yes Russia announced months ago they would be conducting military drills as they have many times on the borders of Ukraine. Yes it is well known Ukraine has spent millions lobbying US and UK politicians for support stopping Nord Stream 2 the pipeline that will double the oil output from Russia to Germany/Europe. The new pipeline would weaken Poland and the Ukraine. It would also significantly shift Europe's reliance on Russian oil which the US and UK don't like.

I'm not a fan of Biden but I agree that he needed to overhype a potential Russian invasion of the Ukraine in order to rally the European countries along with the UK of drawing a red line in the sand with Russia. Problem is Germany has been less than supportive of outright canceling Nord Stream 2 if Russia invades Ukraine. Thus creating some small cracks in the western alliance. Not a Trump fan either but he was right that more pressure needed to be put on Germany and not just Russia over canceling Nord Stream 2. Germany has been allowed to hide in the shadows over the past two years over NS2.

I doubt Russia invades Ukraine in the next month. NS2 is projected to start flowing into Germany by the end of the summer. Putin won't jeopardize it now. However I think he and China wanted to see how Germany and the rest of Europe would react when the US and UK applied pressure. Putin will strike after the Ukraine is weakened and Europe is very Russian reliant on its energy.

So much for Putin the solid citizen. This is hard as hell on Ukraine in the short term but if they can hold on it may take Putin down.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
ADVERTISEMENT