ADVERTISEMENT

Norlander Top 100 -- Iowa 82

82. Iowa​

Fran McCaffery has a good shot at coaching another First Team All-Big Ten player. Payton Sandfort is coming into his fourth season of college ball, having averaged 16.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and shot 37.9% from beyond the arc last season. He's going to be Iowa's No. 1 (and likely No. 2) option on offense as the Hawkeyes look to finish top-20 in offensive efficiency (per KenPom) for an eighth straight season.

The defensive concerns are again heavy, which is why I'm predicting a subpar campaign in Iowa City, but if you like the Hawkeyes you should feel great. I don't think there's a team I'm more often wrong about heading into a season than Iowa.

Reactions: Hawksfor3

82. Iowa​

Fran McCaffery has a good shot at coaching another First Team All-Big Ten player. Payton Sandfort is coming into his fourth season of college ball, having averaged 16.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and shot 37.9% from beyond the arc last season. He's going to be Iowa's No. 1 (and likely No. 2) option on offense as the Hawkeyes look to finish top-20 in offensive efficiency (per KenPom) for an eighth straight season.

The defensive concerns are again heavy, which is why I'm predicting a subpar campaign in Iowa City, but if you like the Hawkeyes you should feel great. I don't think there's a team I'm more often wrong about heading into a season than Iowa.
F this guy, he knows very little about Iowa if he's not mentioning last years (Should have been unanimous) co freshman of the year. Owen Freeman could very well score more points than Payton this year. He could be a double double machine if he stays out of foul trouble.

For extra credit, name this burger chain:

gigi hadid GIF

Reactions: perryhawk
He's going to end up being about 40-50 spots wrong on this one.

Looks about right. Averaging 14 losses per year over the last 20 years. Not a significant talent improvement from last year and too many J Crew counter salesmen on the roster to be a viable team. I was right last year with my prediction of 14+ losses against many who claimed otherwise. Pretty much the same this year. 14+ losses. Not much to be excited about in Hawkeye b-ball land.

• Haha
Looks about right. Averaging 14 losses per year over the last 20 years. Not a significant talent improvement from last year and too many J Crew counter salesmen on the roster to be a viable team. I was right last year with my prediction of 14+ losses against many who claimed otherwise. Pretty much the same this year. 14+ losses. Not much to be excited about in Hawkeye b-ball land.
Come on...

Iowa is not the 82d best team in the country. I think we're for sure a top 40 type team. The schedule is weak AF so I don't know if that will translate into NCAA tourney or not....but 82d? lol No.

The college basketball beat has some of the dorkiest loosers imaginable. Rothstein, Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander, Rob Dauster, etc. The three man weave are the only guys I can listen to consistently. Rothstein atleast has the coach interviews.

The college basketball beat has some of the dorkiest loosers imaginable. Rothstein, Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander, Rob Dauster, etc. The three man weave are the only guys I can listen to consistently. Rothstein atleast has the coach interviews.
You forgot Andy Katz. Never figured out who's nephew that clown is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT