ADVERTISEMENT

North America Building Trade Unions

Meh. Chis, if you start threads that are just campaign ads with not so much of an underlying topic you invite the MAGAs to do so, and this place will fill up fast during campaign season.

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425

Biden repeats his false claim that he ‘used to drive an 18-wheeler’​

President Joe Biden has revived a debunked tale about his past – his fictional claim that he used to drive an 18-wheeler truck.

Biden has repeatedly embellished or invented biographical tidbits. In 2021, he claimed during a tour of a Mack Trucks facility: “I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man,” then added, “I got to.” At a separate 2021 event, he told college students studying truck technology, “I used to drive a tractor-trailer,” adding, “I only did it for part of a summer, but I got my license anyway.”

Biden’s claims were fact-checked at the time as false. But on Tuesday, during a campaign event in Florida, Biden said it again.

A supporter told him, “The only reason I have a pension is because of you.” (The supporter appeared to be referring to the Biden administration’s $36 billion in aid to prevent steep pension cuts for more than 350,000 union workers and retirees, including truck drivers.) Biden responded: “Well, we did get that done. Anyway. Besides, I used to drive an 18-wheeler.”

be2dc4d1-343f-4ad8-9ba1-49f3e28179ed.jpg

Meh. Chis, if you start threads that are just campaign ads with not so much of an underlying topic you invite the MAGAs to do so, and this place will fill up fast during campaign season.
I agree. We (you) should start a starred official thread for all campaign ads. Just let it go 500 pages until the election. Anyone who wants to see them knows where they can see them.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
What drink of choice are you using tonight to kill off the brain cells you have left op

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT