ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina can count votes received 9 days after Election Day, Supreme Court rules

I hope it's enough.

NC, is one of those states - like Wisconsin - where, despite having a Dem governor, has been hamstrung by GOP dirty tricks to the point that it will take a large true majority for the Dems to have a chance.

Every little bit helps even the odds, but the playing field still won't be close to level.

Fingers crossed.

Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas dissented. How? What rational do they have to claim that states can't count ballots?

More specifically:

"What legal precedent can they cite which denies a legally cast ballot from being properly counted?"

As I'd pointed out in another thread:

The GOP of 2020 has become England of the 1770s. We had a whole revolution over this EXACT issue, and denying people the right to have their legal votes counted is an incredibly sad perversion of "conservatism".

More specifically:

"What legal precedent can they cite which denies a legally cast ballot from being properly counted?"

As I'd pointed out in another thread:

The GOP of 2020 has become England of the 1770s. We had a whole revolution over this EXACT issue, and denying people the right to have their legal votes counted is an incredibly sad perversion of "conservatism".

Derp.

England wouldn't even give us an elected representative.

Even the patriots only wanted some to be able to vote (no women, slaves, indians, children, transients, etc., pretty much just the adult, white, male landowners).

Last edited:
Reactions: TJHall1 and goldmom
Wait... I must be mixing things up. Didn’t the SC just tell PA they couldn’t count ballots received after Election Day? And now they say NC can count ballots received up to 9 days after Election Day?? Someone help me out.

Reactions: TheCainer
Wait... I must be mixing things up. Didn’t the SC just tell PA they couldn’t count ballots received after Election Day? And now they say NC can count ballots received up to 9 days after Election Day?? Someone help me out.

State law. They are forcing states to go by their own state law, and not make changes now that are outside of the legislative process. Well, unless state law allows for that.

Pa now has 3 days, BUT the cons can revisit this after the election. DO NOT TRUST THIS SCOTUS.

SCOTUS upheld the two state's existing laws - PA can count ballots received up to 3 days after Election Day even if the postmark is unreadable, and NC can count ballots received up to 9 days after the Election, as long as they are postmarked by Election Day.

I wonder. So late collection times can be around 530pm give or take. But they may not his distro facilities until after midnight. Do they get the postmark from the collection time on the manifest or the scan into the distribution facility?

Another win for Democracy. Check and mate, DeJoy.
They're pulling a bait and switch, they can and probably will reverse it after election day so......

DO NOT MAIL AN ABSENTEE BALLOT! IT'S TOO LATE!

Either vote in-person or depending on state, etc take it to the appropriate office, drop box, or your in-person polling place.

They're pulling a bait and switch, they can and probably will reverse it after election day so......

DO NOT MAIL AN ABSENTEE BALLOT! IT'S TOO LATE!

Either vote in-person or depending on state, etc take it to the appropriate office, drop box, or your in-person polling place.

100% agreed at this point. It took mine 4 or 5 days to hit earliar in the month.

If you haven't voted by this point, put a double mask on and go in and vote. POTUS and numerous governors are doing everything they can to suppress both the United States Postal System and mail in voting.

Wear one of these if you have. to....

latest

Just goes to show that there are too many kooks on SCOTUS.

SAD

Derp.

England wouldn't even give us an elected representative.

Even the patriots only wanted some to be able to vote (no women, slaves, indians, children, transients, etc., pretty much just the adult, white, male landowners).
Ok, so cons don’t want a return to 1950, they want a return to the 18th century. Good point.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
Elections should have deadlines. Doesn't matter what party you are for. I don't care if they start the voting a month prior, we shouldn't be counting votes post election.

The conspiracy theories ringing in this thread would make OIT very proud. I wish everytime the Hawks lost I could say that it was stolen from us.

That's nine whole days for people to jack around with the ballots.

Freaking brilliant.
If Trump and his minions hadn't jacked with the post office to aid in his re-election bid, this wouldn't even be an issue.

P.S. Don't forget to wipe Trump's white goo from your chin.

Reactions: Tom Paris
You should check out the Penn St BWI board sometime.
It does seem conservative conspiracy theories and pedophilia go hand in hand these days... As an aside, is anyone here still allowed to post there?

It does seem conservative conspiracy theories and pedophilia go hand in hand these days... As an aside, is anyone here still allowed to post there?

I am! The mod on the wrestling board banned me and then unbanned me on the same day. They do have quick trigger fingers over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT