ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea made a ballistic missile launch today.

It's time to act
What if South Korea is not on board with a strike? How effective would a strike even be? The NK's have been testing a mobile launch system, and with their production facilities inside a mountain cruise missiles and stealth bombers won't do the job.

What if South Korea is not on board with a strike? How effective would a strike even be? The NK's have been testing a mobile launch system, and with their production facilities inside a mountain cruise missiles and stealth bombers won't do the job.

Bunker busters

Bunker busters
Seoul is 30 KM from the DMZ and well within the range of thousands of standard NK artillery pieces. If we attack the North Koreans they will have a legitimate reason to respond. Are you ready for 10 million people to be at risk from an artillery barrage?

Seoul is 30 KM from the DMZ and well within the range of thousands of standard NK artillery pieces. If we attack the North Koreans they will have a legitimate reason to respond. Are you ready for 10 million people to be at risk from an artillery barrage?

I am advocating for calculated/strategic response. Nothing that puts civilians at risk. If NK would do that and attack civilians in Seoul then you respond with an overwhelming response. It would be over within a few days.

I am advocating for calculated/strategic response. Nothing that puts civilians at risk. If NK would do that and attack civilians in Seoul then you respond with an overwhelming response. It would be over within a few days.
Ya know, I feel like it wouldn't just be that easy brah.

They have a million men under arms and tremendous stockpiles of conventional weapons. It would not be over in days unless they decided to back off.

It would be over in days...a week tops

That's what they thought in the late 40's too. Listen, we have a hugely superior Navy and Air Force, but they have a million man Army, and if we start anything, they have the Chinese. I'd kind of prefer the big boys put on their big boy pants and act like men, not middle school tough guys.

Reactions: unIowa
That's what they thought in the late 40's too. Listen, we have a hugely superior Navy and Air Force, but they have a million man Army, and if we start anything, they have the Chinese. I'd kind of prefer the big boys put on their big boy pants and act like men, not middle school tough guys.

China doesn't want conflict because they don't want refugees trying to get into China. That is the only reason.

This cannot be stated enough. The Chinese will not tolerate a unified Korean Peninsula. If we attacked Korea it might mean a war with China. Probably not but are we willing to take a chance. As stated, if we attack them they would be perfectly within their rights to bombard South Korea.

You dream young man.

That said, NK is going to have to be dealt with sooner than later. The leader "IS" a lunatic and he will launch a nuke. We cannot allow them to get to the point where they have the long range capability and then try to back him into a corner.

I don't know what the answer is, but the status quo is not it.

This cannot be stated enough. The Chinese will not tolerate a unified Korean Peninsula. If we attacked Korea it might mean a war with China. Probably not but are we willing to take a chance. As stated, if we attack them they would be perfectly within their rights to bombard South Korea.
You think China wants to risk their world leading economy because of north Korea? Like somebody else said, they don't want the humanitarian nightmare that the collapse/war would cause.

The best strategy is to do nothing. If north Korea does a first strike you blow them away and be justified in doing it.

If we strike north korea first likely Seoul is destroyed in counter strike and the united states takes the blame. Either way Seoul is toast so you might as well let north Korea do it first and be on the right side of public opinion.

Reactions: BelemNole

Exactly we should organize a bum fight between N and S Korea and take bets on the action...like men!

Actually we should abandon S Korea all together and many other places.

Time to pull back and let the rest of the world take care of itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT