ADVERTISEMENT

****Northwestern vs. Iowa Game Thread****

It is early in his career but I am starting to wonder weather he has the skill and attitude to be competitive in BIG.
With PT, weight loss, and other things Iowa, I believe he will be ok. Not a greatly skilled big IMO, but once he develops good footwork and learns to control his body down low, I believe he can be the presence we need in the post.

the-simpsons-he-is-already-dead.gif

Fran pissed about taking the last shot.
Yeah it was a douche move. Collins has his guys back off and not pressure any more. It was clear Fran wanted Ash to hold the ball and take the shot clock violation. But he gave it up and Laketa decided he was going to shoot. Not the worst thing in the world, but Northwestern had basically stopped playing too.

I thought Fran was mad because Uhlis and Josh O defended that player a little too hard on that final play. But I guess I am wrong. The 3 point shot didn't seem all that bad of a thing to do.

You really can't make much progress if you do everything in slow motion.

I played like that in the "Old Man's League" when I was in my 50s.
That last basket he got is more what I'm talking about.

But even with his back to the basket, just have it made up in his mind where he's gonna go, and make the move off the catch. I think he's catching first, then thinking about how to score.

It might seem out of control at first, but as he learns how to feel/read defenders with his back to the basket, he'll only get more comfortable with it.

ADVERTISEMENT