ADVERTISEMENT

****Northwestern vs. Iowa Game Thread****

Oh man... Now he has something to be pissed about in the post game.. the ballz on that kid
Probably just a FC 8 - 9...

gt5xr_SS3NFxM43Gx3A6CJcPJSQwKFjYR_4fpCbZVf4.jpg

Yeah it was a douche move. Collins has his guys back off and not pressure any more. It was clear Fran wanted Ash to hold the ball and take the shot clock violation. But he gave it up and Laketa decided he was going to shoot. Not the worst thing in the world, but Northwestern had basically stopped playing too.
If we take the football board approach, it's on the coaches and Fran should be fired because he recruited Laketa and put him in that position in the first place................................

Reactions: CAhawki
Yeah it was a douche move. Collins has his guys back off and not pressure any more. It was clear Fran wanted Ash to hold the ball and take the shot clock violation. But he gave it up and Laketa decided he was going to shoot. Not the worst thing in the world, but Northwestern had basically stopped playing too.
I think Laketa lobbed it up not thinking it would go in the basket. Collins was classy about it.

I thought Fran was mad because Uhlis and Josh O defended that player a little too hard on that final play. But I guess I am wrong. The 3 point shot didn't seem all that bad of a thing to do.
It was the shot. It wasn't egregious, but Fran is pretty big on not just pouring it on the opponent at the end of the game. Pretty important to him to respect the game that way.

It was the shot. It wasn't egregious, but Fran is pretty big on not just pouring it on the opponent at the end of the game. Pretty important to him to respect the game that way.
Ah yeah it makes sense. Sometimes I wish our football coach would pour it on though.

A coach should sit on the bench with Ogundele watching Kovi and tell him he can play like that with a bunch of weights and practice. I question whether he would want to make that kind of commitment.
I don’t think your last sentence is fair at all unless you know about his dedication and work habits.

I think Collins was telling Fran that it was ok.

I think Collins was telling Fran that it was ok.
I mean what could he have done or said?

His team was legally dead by the 2nd media timeout in the 1st half.

Was the taken and made shot a little unclassy? Yeah, but when he saw Fran lay into the shot taker as they were shaking hands, I think he knew it wasn't called from the bench to rub their noses in it.

10min 5 rebounds 3 offensive rebounds 4 points
2-5 and 0-2
plus undeniable power in his game
not terrible
Just one of many who make excuses for a player who's been in the program for over a year and a half, appears to be overweight, offensively challenged, and not quick, but hang in there, maybe he'll be a nice backup to Riley Mulvey.

Nw came back within like 6 inches of ash with 2 seconds left!

Just one of many who make excuses for a player who's been in the program for over a year and a half, appears to be overweight, offensively challenged, and not quick, but hang in there, maybe he'll be a nice backup to Riley Mulvey.
In a team of shooters, a guy that can grab offensive rebounds, get extra possessions from the missed shots, and has the power to convert, is a valuable piece.

nobody here is saying Ogundele needs to carry the offense.

today we saw after his boards how 2-3 guys were hammering him, he will be able to score at point blank range and that will be valuable

Reactions: BBHawk
In a team of shooters, a guy that can grab offensive rebounds, get extra possessions from the missed shots, and has the power to convert, is a valuable piece.

nobody here is saying Ogundele needs to carry the offense.

today we saw after his boards how 2-3 guys were hammering him, he will be able to score at point blank range and that will be valuable
Late to the party so SIAP but that first half had to have been the best half of basketball under Fran during his time at Iowa? Wow lights out!

Good thing you aren't coaching this team.

ADVERTISEMENT