ADVERTISEMENT

****Northwestern vs. Iowa Game Thread****

Seriously. Kid's a freshman who almost never plays. Cut him a break.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have taken the shot, but there it was. Scrub time, weird shit happens.
Again, he shouldn't have taken the shot - AND Austin shouldn't have passed it off to avoid the turnover on his stat line (he learned that from JBo) - but it was just Iowa's day. Everything they threw up went in.

I think Collins knew that Fran didn't want the shot put up. He gets it.

That's rich coming from the fans of a "basketball school" that so severely underperformed this year in football and whose basketball program will likely miss the NCAA tournament AGAIN. Indiana hasn't been in the NCAA tournament since 2016 and have only made the tournament field 4 times since 2008. For a program that has a long tradition and tons of built in advantages, they sure do suck at basketball. And I love it, because I know that it eats away at their very souls.

That's rich coming from the fans of a "basketball school" that so severely underperformed this year in football and whose basketball program will likely miss the NCAA tournament AGAIN. Indiana hasn't been in the NCAA tournament since 2016 and have only made the tournament field 4 times since 2008. For a program that has a long tradition and tons of built in advantages, they sure do suck at basketball. And I love it, because I know that it eats away at their very souls.
One word for IU fans who want to make jokes about Iowa football.

SCOREBOARD

What was Fran mad about in the handshake line?
He was yelling at his walk-on player, that usually sits at the very end of the bench, for hoisting and banking in the 3 to beat the shot clock buzzer on Iowa's very last possession.

In a team of shooters, a guy that can grab offensive rebounds, get extra possessions from the missed shots, and has the power to convert, is a valuable piece.

nobody here is saying Ogundele needs to carry the offense.

today we saw after his boards how 2-3 guys were hammering him, he will be able to score at point blank range and that will be valuable
He needs to stop the dribble under the hoop.

Reactions: KcTo
Still so happy about this game today. Yeah, I know it was "just NW", but damn was that a clinic on offense.

When you give up 76 points - but many of those were of the 'garbage' variety by NW, seeing as how the game was already decided by the 2nd media timeout in the first half - and still win by 36, you know you had a realllly good day offensively.

Hoping like heck for an easy breezy 25+ pt win today, but any sort of victory will work.

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif
ask and answered! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HawkBall23
Still so happy about this game today. Yeah, I know it was "just NW", but damn was that a clinic on offense.

When you give up 76 points - but many of those were of the 'garbage' variety by NW, seeing as how the game was already decided by the 2nd media timeout in the first half - and still win by 36, you know you had a realllly good day offensively.
A BT halftime crew guy said that was the best EVER offense display he has ever seen...high praise indeed!

One of the things I liked most was the pregame talk hyping up NW today because they were a lot closer to full strength today vs when they lost by 21 in Iowa City a week and a half ago. So a chance they would put up much more of a fight and make it a game.

Only for Iowa to come out and score 30 more points today and win the game by a margin that was 15 points more than the first matchup.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Just one of many who make excuses for a player who's been in the program for over a year and a half, appears to be overweight, offensively challenged, and not quick, but hang in there, maybe he'll be a nice backup to Riley Mulvey.
Just STFU. Unless you know JO, you have no idea if Josh will develop into a great player or not so quit bitching about something when your team just set all kinds of BTT records.

Just STFU. Unless you know JO, you have no idea if Josh will develop into a great player or not so quit bitching about something when your team just set all kinds of BTT records.
Now I know why Josh played so so today, I didn't know he was so sensitive of my critiquing what I see as a player that continues to look more of a project then I had hoped Fran would have recruited. I'm sure he appreciates you defending his honor and no I don't have to know Josh to see that he has a long way to go before he provides any valuable playing time anytime soon.
Now Fran is Iowa's coach, and he can give Josh all the playing time that he believes Josh can handle, but the more Fran plays him, the more I see a player that belongs at a mid-major school. Just to let you know that's my opinion, and I'm not name calling anyone.
I've been told numerous times, as you say to "STFU", but as I have also been told this is a message board after all and that anyone can come here to give their own opinions and I did just that.

Now I know why Josh played so so today, I didn't know he was so sensitive of my critiquing what I see as a player that continues to look more of a project then I had hoped Fran would have recruited. I'm sure he appreciates you defending his honor and no I don't have to know Josh to see that he has a long way to go before he provides any valuable playing time anytime soon.
Now Fran is Iowa's coach, and he can give Josh all the playing time that he believes Josh can handle, but the more Fran plays him, the more I see a player that belongs at a mid-major school. Just to let you know that's my opinion, and I'm not name calling anyone.
I've been told numerous times, as you say to "STFU", but as I have also been told this is a message board after all and that anyone can come here to give their own opinions and I did just that.
The kid is a sophomore. I'm not ready to write him off. He keeps working and gets in even better shape, he could contribute a lot by his senior season.

Reactions: Rudolph
You are in too big of a hurry to write him off and I'm not convinced you are a good evaluator of talent and potential . He has 3 more years of eligibility and I think he shows enough potential to be a solid contributor for the Hawks starting next year.

A coach should sit on the bench with Ogundele watching Kovi and tell him he can play like that with a bunch of weights and practice. I question whether he would want to make that kind of commitment.
You don't know whether he does or not.

Seriously. Kid's a freshman who almost never plays. Cut him a break.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have taken the shot, but there it was. Scrub time, weird shit happens.
Expect Dan Dakich to mention it for the next five years as classless.

He was yelling at his walk-on player, that usually sits at the very end of the bench, for hoisting and banking in the 3 to beat the shot clock buzzer on Iowa's very last possession.
No, pretty certain he was pissed at how his guys wouldn’t let NU’s end of bench guy get a shot off.

ADVERTISEMENT