ADVERTISEMENT

****Northwestern vs Iowa Game Thread****

I almost want to puke reading some of the comments. Can’t some of you give credit when it’s deserved? I don’t give a shit who we are playing I was looking at accuracy. It was there today! Someone needs to put a few of you out of your misery! Find another team to bitch at! Good Lord!
Some of these people here have very miserable lives. I was arguing with a fan on Reddit who I felt was being unnecessarily critical and just very angry. Looked at his post history and he was a frequent poster asking people for free pizza and asking for money to pay basic bills. Really put things in perspective for me.

For some people, the performance of this team might be one of the only things they have to be proud of.

Reactions: pistachio1999
But you sure would be b***ing if the offense wasn’t moving the ball and scoring. It’s like some of you guys just enjoy being miserable.
Not miserable at all, just smart enough to realize that the only reason the offense looked competent is because they played NW. Just like anyone else that has half a brain unlike you.

Some of these people here have very miserable lives. I was arguing with a fan on Reddit who I felt was being unnecessarily critical and just very angry. Looked at his post history and he was a frequent poster asking people for free pizza and asking for money to pay basic bills. Really put things in perspective for me.

For some people, the performance of this team might be one of the only things they have to be proud of.
You might be reading a little too much into peoples personal lives based on what they post on a message board. Lol

Reactions: obfuscating

Why are you arguing with anyone on any platform?

Reactions: BBHawk

I wasn't very happy with our offense all year but it's unfair not to give credit. The Oline was so much better. Petras was very accurate and actually had a couple that maybe should have been caught. The running backs buster their asses. I thought it was hilarious that Taylor had a 13 yard punts. Maybe those bitching should rag on how poor our punting has become! lol

Reactions: obfuscating
Why are you arguing with anyone on any platform?
I was defending playcalling by a coach for a non-Hawkeye team. I’m not saying people shouldn’t argue and discuss. But the constant negativity on here just makes it an awful place for conversation.

Hawkeyes are one of my favorite teams, but I follow a lot of teams (why I post on Reddit more than I do on team specific sites). This site has a lot of negativity and there seems to be a giant vocal minority perpetuating it. Criticism is fine, but at a point you can be over-critical. I follow Nebraska, too, and even their fans aren’t as negative as the fans on this site.

I was listening to dolph and ed today on radio youtube broadcast. they were praising brian as a good coach just like none of the last several weeks even happened at all. and praising KF as well. well, they got to know about all the nepotism talk and stuff, but i bet they stay away from this site.

I was defending playcalling by a coach for a non-Hawkeye team. I’m not saying people shouldn’t argue and discuss. But the constant negativity on here just makes it an awful place for conversation.

Hawkeyes are one of my favorite teams, but I follow a lot of teams (why I post on Reddit more than I do on team specific sites). This site has a lot of negativity and there seems to be a giant vocal minority perpetuating it. Criticism is fine, but at a point you can be over-critical. I follow Nebraska, too, and even their fans aren’t as negative as the fans on this site.
it didn't used to be that bad around here. I think maybe some of these folks are newbies

Most of the negativity is due to the nepotism and OC...rightfully so too.

It's a passionate fan base.

I wasn't very happy with our offense all year but it's unfair not to give credit. The Oline was so much better. Petras was very accurate and actually had a couple that maybe should have been caught. The running backs buster their asses. I thought it was hilarious that Taylor had a 13 yard punts. Maybe those bitching should rag on how poor our punting has become! lol
1 bad punt compared to 5 yrs of inept offense, yeah that's apples to apples...

Obviously you are oblivious to sarcasm. All I'm saying is if you bitch all the time give credit where it's due. I know it's hard for some of you.
Hard to read sarcasm from text when there are no emojis or such. i have given credit, to our defense, ST, and our RB. I know it's hard to multiple threads, but they're out there.

Hard to read sarcasm from text when there are no emojis or such. i have given credit, to our defense, ST, and our RB. I know it's hard to multiple threads, but they're out there.
The joke was twofold: 1). If you bitch about bad performances the give credit when it’s due; 2) people are so quick to bitch about the Hawks they will probably start on our punter after a 13 yarder.

ADVERTISEMENT