ADVERTISEMENT

Norvell Tests Positive for Covid-19

glad to see he was wearing a mask last Saturday

EKO5LSDLNVDB5JRQTH4ZZXUMVE.JPG

Reactions: pink shizzle
I wonder if they are going to "contact trace"? You would think this would rule out all coaches and players.

He’s just the first of many. This season is going to be such a shitshow.
Dear baby Jesus all six pounds 9 ounces lying in the manger, don't care about football, but let us have a basketball season.

I prefer football, the margin is decreasing based on how much lower it seems the bottom for FSU football is. I see this football season as being a force it in because it just means more and the longer term repercussions be dammed. Which will mean a couple more weeks in and programs are going to be cancelling games due to having to quarantine and not have enough to field a team. Then the B1G will look even more silly. Not sure if we wait 2 - 4 months with no sports if it will really help to keep basketball, but the way this is going, we may have a crap football season and no basketball.

And the deniers will be up in arms "well we wore your stupid masks! and it didn't help!".

Reactions: mnole03
I prefer football, the margin is decreasing based on how much lower it seems the bottom for FSU football is. I see this football season as being a force it in because it just means more and the longer term repercussions be dammed. Which will mean a couple more weeks in and programs are going to be cancelling games due to having to quarantine and not have enough to field a team. Then the B1G will look even more silly. Not sure if we wait 2 - 4 months with no sports if it will really help to keep basketball, but the way this is going, we may have a crap football season and no basketball.

And the deniers will be up in arms "well we wore your stupid masks! and it didn't help!".

Us Iowa fans just want basketball cause we'll be ranked in the top 5 and its our best team in 70 years

Norvell said: “My result was surprising to me.”

Said he’s been feeling fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Seems a lot of people are surprised to learn they have COVID. Makes you wonder how many people have or have had it but never know/knew.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Said he’s been feeling fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Seems a lot of people are surprised to learn they have COVID. Makes you wonder how many people have or have had it but never know/knew.

We're testing all staff once a week and have been doing routine testing since May. A sizable majority of those who test positive never have ANY symptoms at all.

We're testing all staff once a week and have been doing routine testing since May. A sizable majority of those who test positive never have ANY symptoms at all.
Depending on what test he took, there is a chance it was a false positive. However, with the PCR test, the chance for a false negative is much higher. Antigen tests may have as high as a 50% false negative, but near a 0% false positive.
We still have a long way to go when it comes to testing.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Depending on what test he took, there is a chance it was a false positive. However, with the PCR test, the chance for a false negative is much higher. Antigen tests may have as high as a 50% false negative, but near a 0% false positive.
We still have a long way to go when it comes to testing.

We've been doing PCR exclusively until very recently. We finally got the antigen machines and have our own little lab set up at all our locations.

The advantage of the antigen test is speed: you get results in 15 minutes. With the PCR test people are walking around unknowingly infected for days waiting for the test result to come back from the lab.

A combination of both is ideal. If we get a positive antigen test, the employee is excluded and immediately given a PCR test to confirm the antigen result.

If the employee is showing symptoms, same thing. Stay home until we get the PCR result.

But the antigen is a great first line of detection if supplemented by PCR.

Until he is dead next week.

Well FML. Of course he did. Was there a Nole anywhere that didn’t figure our head coach would be the first to get it. The last few years, being an FSU fan has been like being on this damn game show:

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT