ADVERTISEMENT

Not a bad gig…

HawkNorth

HR All-State
Nov 24, 2003
I’m a huge Twins fan. So it was a shock yesterday to learn that esteemed pitching coach Wes Johnson was leaving the first place Twins in the middle of the season to take the pitching coach position at LSU. The timing is strange but the reasons for his departure are understandable, more time with family being the main one. But it didn’t hurt that LSU basically threw the bank at him. Just a different world that the SEC lives in. Here are the details.

The college season is much less demanding, though the year-round recruiting seems to be a big factor in his quick departure. The Lafayette Daily Advertiser reported Johnson's LSU contract has a $380,000 yearly base salary for three years, plus a $800 per month vehicle allowance and $25,000 relocation incentive.

He's a southerner, three years in Minnesota I'm sure was enough for him and his family

I’m a huge Twins fan. So it was a shock yesterday to learn that esteemed pitching coach Wes Johnson was leaving the first place Twins in the middle of the season to take the pitching coach position at LSU. The timing is strange but the reasons for his departure are understandable, more time with family being the main one. But it didn’t hurt that LSU basically threw the bank at him. Just a different world that the SEC lives in. Here are the details.

The college season is much less demanding, though the year-round recruiting seems to be a big factor in his quick departure. The Lafayette Daily Advertiser reported Johnson's LSU contract has a $380,000 yearly base salary for three years, plus a $800 per month vehicle allowance and $25,000 relocation incentive.
ohhh boy….. wait for it….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT