ADVERTISEMENT

Not exactly Iowa wrestling, but

93hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 19, 2004
anybody know where Justin Mejia ended up? I don't see him on Illinois' roster

If he is truly "greyshirting", I don't think he would be listed on their roster even if he was enrolled there.

To greyshirt, one defers enrollment -- I think you meant "even if he were admitted there."
Unless the rules have changed, you can be enrolled and taking classes up to something like 12 credit hours per semester (less then full time). You cannot practice with the team, but the club is OK.

Dont know a whole lot about the situation, but it seems like it would be wise for this kid to sit out a year and gain residency somewhere.

Unless the rules have changed, you can be enrolled and taking classes up to something like 12 credit hours per semester (less then full time). You cannot practice with the team, but the club is OK.

Oops, maybe I overreached again? Wouldn't be the first time . . .

Reactions: el dub
He should come and live with Rutt and build himself up to go 133 in `18-19 and would have in state residence also.

He should come and live with Rutt and build himself up to go 133 in `18-19 and would have in state residence also.
I think Illinois has more $ waiting after this GS year then Iowa. $ was the reason he decommitted from Iowa in the first place and why he ultimately ended up at Illinois. Some parents just don't have the income to send there kid cross country for 5 years without a sizable contribution from the school. Some kids can find financial help with good grades, but he doesn't fit that criteria. I wish him well.

ADVERTISEMENT