ADVERTISEMENT

Not Good

Not good for Daton. Hope it really was an accident. The kid has a bright future.

Are you seriously entertaining the thought that it may have been accidental ingestion? Some money must have exchanged hands to get a 3 member panel to agree to such a farce. This is a black eye for any case saying USA wrestling is any cleaner than Russia.

Are you seriously entertaining the thought that it may have been accidental ingestion? Some money must have exchanged hands to get a 3 member panel to agree to such a farce. This is a black eye for any case saying USA wrestling is any cleaner than Russia.
You do realize that Chris Campbell is one of the three arbitrators right? Seems to me you are accusing someone who is held in pretty high regard in both the legal and wrestling community of taking a bribe. Did you even read the entire report or does your hatred for Fix really run that deep?

You do realize that Chris Campbell is one of the three arbitrators right? Seems to me you are accusing someone who is held in pretty high regard in both the legal and wrestling community of taking a bribe. Did you even read the entire report or does your hatred for Fix really run that deep?
A bribe makes more sense than someone being ignorant enough to think it was accidental ingestion. I don't see any way it isn't one or the other. Maybe you can enlighten me.

Reactions: Lambertt
A bribe makes more sense than someone being ignorant enough to think it was accidental ingestion. I don't see any way it isn't one or the other. Maybe you can enlighten me.
According to the USADA chief scientist, the test results were conclusive with accidental ingestion and the level of .065 ng/mL in his body were conclusive with minimal ingestion. Additionally, he willingly submitted to a polygraph and passed it. You can read the entire report on USADA's site. https://www.usada.org/athletes/results/arbitration-decisions/

Reactions: hoythawk
According to the USADA chief scientist, the test results were conclusive with accidental ingestion and the level of .065 ng/mL in his body were conclusive with minimal ingestion. Additionally, he willingly submitted to a polygraph and passed it. You can read the entire report on USADA's site. https://www.usada.org/athletes/results/arbitration-decisions/
I still feel the same about the situation, but appreciate the information you provided.
The polygraph doesn't mean anything. He was asked if he ever knowingly took Ostarine. It is likely he had no idea what they were giving him. It's a lot easier to deny responsibility when you drink what they give you. Also, the half life of Ostarine is 24 hours which helps him get away with the cheating. Ostarine also is the perfect drug for him to cut weight and maintain his strength. This explains to me how he kept that size and strength while making such a big cut.

Last edited:
I still feel the same about the situation, but appreciate the information you provided.
bahahaha! Damn those facts! Hoyt is far more credible than a polygraph and science. If he says there was a bribe and USA is no cleaner than Russia we should believe him!

Well, it seems like young Mr. Fix is owned an apology.

bahahaha! Damn those facts! Hoyt is far more credible than a polygraph and science. If he says there was a bribe and USA is no cleaner than Russia we should believe him!
I'm not sure why I would respond to a gopher loser, but have your mom read the court document. The polygraph is a joke like you.

Last edited:
The rest of the case doesn't make sense either. Derek Fix would have pre-mixed water bottles of steroids sitting around in the refrigerator? I don't know many parents that would leave steroid drinks sitting around in their refrigerators. Especially when their son is an elite athlete who has to monitor everything he takes. All Olympic hopefuls no they have to monitor everything they ingest. There is no way his Dad would allow steroid blends to be sitting around his house for his son to accidentally ingest. It is of no surprise that idiot rassling would believe this. The 3 person panel should consist of people with expertise on steroid use since common sense doesn't work.

The rest of the case doesn't make sense either. Derek Fix would have pre-mixed water bottles of steroids sitting around in the refrigerator? I don't know many parents that would leave steroid drinks sitting around in their refrigerators. Especially when their son is an elite athlete who has to monitor everything he takes. All Olympic hopefuls no they have to monitor everything they ingest. There is no way his Dad would allow steroid blends to be sitting around his house for his son to accidentally ingest. It is of no surprise that idiot rassling would believe this. The 3 person panel should consist of people with expertise on steroid use since common sense doesn't work.
I would think Dr. Fedoruk, the USADA chief scientist would be a pretty good expert for this panel to rely on. Dr. Fedoruk said the percentage of ostarine present in the drug test were conclusive with accidental ingestion... Weird that I would choose to believe a doctor who is also the chief scientist for the US Anti Doping Agency over a internet tough guy that has a hunch. Also, what in that document points to the polygraph being a joke? It's been a while since I've had a good laugh here on the HR so please keep going with your theories and never let the facts get in the way of a good story 🤣🤣🤣

I would think Dr. Fedoruk, the USADA chief scientist would be a pretty good expert for this panel to rely on. Dr. Fedoruk said the percentage of ostarine present in the drug test were conclusive with accidental ingestion... Weird that I would choose to believe a doctor who is also the chief scientist for the US Anti Doping Agency over a internet tough guy that has a hunch. Also, what in that document points to the polygraph being a joke? It's been a while since I've had a good laugh here on the HR so please keep going with your theories and never let the facts get in the way of a good story 🤣🤣🤣
Ignorant Gopher fans are the best. When you feel safe to come out of the covid basement in 3-5 years, maybe ask your grade school science teacher if there are other ways to test positive with trace amounts other than accidental ingestion.

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but I do have personal experience with polygraphs. They are pretty worthless. I failed multiple polygraphs where hand to God I was telling the truth and know people who admitted to lying their asses off and passed. Polygraph tests are inadmissible in court due to those reliability issues. If you recall OJ Simpson took two polygraph tests, failed one, passed one. Daton could’ve lied or told the truth. Only he knows.

I’m quite suspect of the report’s finding that the positive doping test was indicative of accidental ingestion as it’s impossible to assign intent, yet alone do so “conclusively”. If I was speculating, and I am, I would say they have two fridges, one for cycling-on and one for cycling-off, and the dad put the wrong bottle in the cycle-off fridge. It’s not the end of the world, he cheated, got caught, now he has to do his suspension (generous as it is) and learn from it. Hopefully what he learns is to not cheat instead of learning to manage his cycle better.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Ignorant Gopher fans are the best. When you feel safe to come out of the covid basement in 3-5 years, maybe ask your grade school science teacher if there are other ways to test positive with trace amounts other than accidental ingestion.
My apologies, I forgot you and apparently your elementary science teacher are smarter the USADA chief scientist. I won't make that mistake again, friend.

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but I do have personal experience with polygraphs. They are pretty worthless. I failed multiple polygraphs where hand to God I was telling the truth and know people who admitted to lying their asses off and passed. Polygraph tests are inadmissible in court due to those reliability issues. If you recall OJ Simpson took two polygraph tests, failed one, passed one. Daton could’ve lied or told the truth. Only he knows.
Completely agree. Ya'll think Covid tests have bad error rates...ponder all the sources of error in administering a test that determines whether a person is truthfully answering a question. Junk science.

Also his levels of ostarine can simultaneously be consistent with “minimal ingestion” or with intentional ingestion (as other have pointed out). How can the initial amount ingested be determined retrospectively from a single data point? It can’t unless you know the date of ingestion. We rely on Daton’s honesty for this time point.

Relevant timeline-
January 18 – Daton wrestles at Matteo Pellicone
January 22 – Daton is tested
Feb 10 – Daton’s sample contained 0.065 ng/mL

Egregious lie to cover for cheating. 1 year suspension is an absolute joke.

I don't know. This isn't professional track. This is a young college wrestler. Most cases I don't believe whoever is caught but I kinda do here.
The virus saved his Olympic chance.

hv5a42a18b.jpg

Polygraphs are useless. Anybody can pass one with about 10 minutes of training to flex your sphincter.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Not good for Daton. Hope it really was an accident. The kid has a bright future.

If you believe his excuse than you're a better man than me. Whenever any of these athletes get caught it's a parent or the trainer. I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. And I have a partner, on this sale. Lance Armstrong

Yeah I've changed my mind after reading the story lol. Either his dad is a psychopath ( which man athletes parents are lol) or this is the Cam Newton Excuse. It worked for Cam and it's working for this kid. For those that don't know Newton got like 200k I think to go to auburn but his dad jumped on the grenade and said he had auctioned his son to auburn and Cam didn't know anything about it.

As far as Spencer he was always going to be a perfect college 125er to have to hold it all season but he's going to be small for the trials and hopefully in the Olympics. With gross, rby, Suriano, and a bunch of other guys being much bigger.

Reactions: SJP80
On flo askren said that if it truly was Fix’s dads “protein shake” that daton accidentally ingested, that Daton’s dad must proved it. Must lift up his shirt and he better be ripped!!! Hilarious!! About fell out of my chair.
On a side note. I don’t care either way. I don’t think Fix beats Lee or Gilman again.

Last edited:
Yea...I do think Dad jumped into the fire...grabbed onto Chris Perry on the way down.

it is truly disgusting how many absolute babies exist on this forum. You guys are the antithesis of what iowa wrestling is.

Yeah I've changed my mind after reading the story lol. Either his dad is a psychopath ( which man athletes parents are lol) or this is the Cam Newton Excuse. It worked for Cam and it's working for this kid. For those that don't know Newton got like 200k I think to go to auburn but his dad jumped on the grenade and said he had auctioned his son to auburn and Cam didn't know anything about it.

As far as Spencer he was always going to be a perfect college 125er to have to hold it all season but he's going to be small for the trials and hopefully in the Olympics. With gross, rby, Suriano, and a bunch of other guys being much bigger.

The “Cam Newton excuse” is not comparable IMO. For one, they never found that money actually exchanged hands, and the allegation was that it was to go to Mississippi State, where he obviously never went. It’s much more believable to me that Cam was not aware of that than Fix not being aware of what’s physically going into his body.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT