ADVERTISEMENT

Not-so Iowa Nice...

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
I know the usual suspects will take this thread in a direction it's not intended to go, but I can't help but think the biggest crisis facing America is mental health.

Sure, start this post, and worry about how it might go? He might be mentally ill, and he might also be a drunk/meth head.

If you don't believe in Iowa nice then you either haven't been here much or you haven't been anywhere else. That, or you watch the news way too much.

Iowans certainly celebrate their niceness unlike people anywhere else except maybe Minnesota and Wisconsin

If you don't believe in Iowa nice then you either haven't been here much or you haven't been anywhere else. That, or you watch the news way too much.
Been in iowa for all but 3 years of life
Perhaps its a cedar rapids thing

After reading the story my guess is a white dude got his shit messed up by a fire that started in some people of some colors appartment and he said a bunch of horrible shit and went ape nuts when his shit was burning. Dude is an idiot and wrong but if my guess is correct I can understand him being upset. If you read this and think I'm justifying what he did again I will say HE WAS WRONG.

Well, if you lived in cherokee next to me chances are I would have the snow blown off your sidewalk before you got it, unless my awesome neighbor down the street didn't get to it first.
So neighbors clearing off snow is an iowa thing?

what makes iowans clearing off their neighbors sidewalk any different than neighbors doing it in other states…..unless you are saying that doesn’t happen elsewhere.

i dont know what it has to be labelled as “iowa nice”

I even acknowledged that maybe its a cedar rapids thing.

at any rate, if you have to tell yourself or others about how nice you are, then you probably arent a pleasant people
I didn’t claim to be a pleasant person. I’ve read plenty of articles by travelers from coastal states describing the Midwest as being nice and pleasant. Iowa in particular.

Aside from that fact, am I supposed to not believe anyone who describes themselves in any fashion?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT