ADVERTISEMENT

Not-so Iowa Nice...

Have you actually been out and about and observed the general public in CR?

hell, a good example was at the kernel game yesterday, right as the game was about too start, one person sitting in the section to my right and another person further down in my section get up, meet each other a few rows down from my seat and just stand there talking, completely oblivious there was people behind them trying to see through them.

another example going down collins road today. Guy gets in right turn lane at the Council street intersection. Light turns green he goes straight, passes more cars while on the shoulder and expects someone to let him in….all because he likely didnt want to wait behind all the extra cars sitting at the light because Collins is now being used as a detour for road construction.
In your outrage, you completely missed the Nice Iowan who did let them in.

Also, the nice people of Iowa probably didn’t yell at them or berate them. Just sat quietly like nice sheeple.

EVERYONE take a break. The guy might have mental health issues or cocaine to the brain issues. What transpired was not right. We will find out. Not that any of us need to. Just chill out.

The M.D.s and lawyers on board all have had to deal with situations that we don't know what we are dealing with initially.

In your outrage, you completely missed the Nice Iowan who did let them in.
He was too far up for me to see but he couldve been flipping the guy the bird for being an idiot for all I know. If i was in that position it would have more to do with self preservation of my vehicle to avoid getting hit.

If it was an act of niceness, he is also likely not patting himself on the back to anyone who will listen about how “iowa nice” he is, because you dont need to do that when you are actually nice

The denialists like Torbee insist that it’s just the western part of the state, but the truth is that Iowa in general is rapidly becoming Mississippi. Decades of brain drain can’t be overcome.

Hewas too far up for me to see but he couldve been flipping the guy the bird for being an idiot for all I know. If i was in that position it would have more to do with self preservation of my vehicle to avoid getting hit.

If it was an act of niceness, he is also likely not patting himself on the back to anyone who will listen about how “iowa nice” he is, because you dont need to do that when you are actually nice

giphy.gif

Have you actually been out and about and observed the general public in CR?

hell, a good example was at the kernel game yesterday, right as the game was about too start, one person sitting in the section to my right and another person further down in my section get up, meet each other a few rows down from my seat and just stand there talking, completely oblivious there was people behind them trying to see through them.

another example going down collins road today. Guy gets in right turn lane at the Council street intersection. Light turns green he goes straight, passes more cars while on the shoulder and expects someone to let him in….all because he likely didnt want to wait behind all the extra cars sitting at the light because Collins is now being used as a detour for road construction.

There are people like that all over the country

EVERYONE take a break. The guy might have mental health issues or cocaine to the brain issues. What transpired was not right. We will find out. Not that any of us need to. Just chill out.

The M.D.s and lawyers on board all have had to deal with situations that we don't know what we are dealing with initially.
Stop trying to make people think you are an attorney. Its not true and frankly looks kind of pathetic.

Last edited:
There are people like that all over the country
So we don’t need to attach a “nice” label on it.
My original point stands. We are not anymore nice than anywhere in the country. If you have to put a little marketing slogan on it, youre just trying to convince yourself you aren’t an asshole.

nice people dont have to advertise how “nice” they are.

Another example of “iowa nice” in cedar rapids.

come in the door of my apt building. Guy is coming off the elevator with luggage. I hold the door open for him. As he goes and grabs the door the girl he was with walked off the elevator and let it close before i can get there….could not hold it for the three steps it would have taken me to get there.

f**k off with your iowa nice. I dont even hold my breath for “polite”

Iowans don’t have a corner on the market for general niceness. Most people I’ve met around the country are generally nice. The exceptions for me were NYC & LA. Especially LA, chock full of a-holes IMO.

Not really what i observe in my day to day in the CR
Honestly, people in most midwestern cities are pretty polite. If you spent a significant time on the east coast you would agree. They don't call people from Massachusetts massholes for nothing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT