ADVERTISEMENT

Not-so Iowa Nice...

“Iowa Values” window dresses their naivety and ignorance, too... ;)
Well, if anyone here knows a thing or two about ignorance, it’s you. You do an excellent job of making things up and calling people names to hide your idiocy. Now if you would just mix in some self awareness.......

Reactions: SWIowahawks
While serious, I certainly do not think mental health is America’s biggest problem,

Yes. Maybe. Hell, I don’t know. It’s up to you. ......that’s my example of Iowa nice.

Lol.
you’re a dumbf**k.
Go jerk off on your guns.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dirtypool
I even acknowledged that maybe its a cedar rapids thing.

at any rate, if you have to tell yourself or others about how nice you are, then you probably arent a pleasant people
You post the stuff you have posted in this thread and then say other people are unpleasant? SW is right, the problem is likely you. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences in Cesar Rapids.

So neighbors clearing off snow is an iowa thing?

what makes iowans clearing off their neighbors sidewalk any different than neighbors doing it in other states…..unless you are saying that doesn’t happen elsewhere.

i dont know what it has to be labelled as “iowa nice”
It's called an example. An example is a story or situation that is meant to be a representation of a larger group.

This example is somewhat ironic because it is a single example that is meant to represent the entire state just like the op. However, in my personal experience, this example is much MUCH more representative of the state of Iowa than the op.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet the op as a reasonable poster would agree. What do you say bnb?

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You post the stuff you have posted in this thread and then say other people are unpleasant? SW is right, the problem is likely you. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences in Cesar Rapids.
I never have claimed to hold up the mythos of “iowa nice”

just an observation of the general rudeness, obliviousness and entitlement i encounter frequently on the roads, in the stores etc. around Cedar Rapids

It's called an example. An example is a story or situation that is meant to be a representation of a larger group.

This example is somewhat ironic because it is a single example that is meant to represent the entire state just like the op. However, in my personal experience, this example is much MUCH more representative of the state of Iowa than the op.

The OP was not intended to represent the entire state. It was simply highlighting a single case of an unhinged lunatic who was not Iowa Nice. I have no idea why some of you are wrongly interpreting the OP, especially when I stated that was not the direction I wanted it to go. Oh well. HROT gonna HROT.

Reactions: DooBi
The OP was not intended to represent the entire state. It was simply highlighting a single case of an unhinged lunatic who was not Iowa Nice. I have no idea why some of you are wrongly interpreting the OP, especially when I stated that was not the direction I wanted it to go. Oh well. HROT gonna HROT.
I get that and I agree that that was not the intention of the op. Im sorry I made it that way with my post.

That said, do you think my example or the op example is more representative of Iowa?

I never have claimed to hold up the mythos of “iowa nice”

just an observation of the general rudeness, obliviousness and entitlement i encounter frequently on the roads, in the stores etc. around Cedar Rapids

Again, I don’t know a single person IRL (and I know quite a few) from CR that has intimated that opinion. Your posts in this thread make it seem like maybe you are the problem. Not other people.

Again. Turn it down a notch. You dont need to justify everything and be edgy all the time. You just come off as a butt****, guy who is leaving one of the best communities in America to move to a major metro shithole because he can't tell his wife to cool her ****ing tits. (See)

Oh, now you're just being rude.

Again, I don’t know a single person IRL (and I know quite a few) from CR that has intimated that opinion. Your posts in this thread make it seem like maybe you are the problem. Not other people.
Have you actually been out and about and observed the general public in CR?

hell, a good example was at the kernel game yesterday, right as the game was about too start, one person sitting in the section to my right and another person further down in my section get up, meet each other a few rows down from my seat and just stand there talking, completely oblivious there was people behind them trying to see through them.

another example going down collins road today. Guy gets in right turn lane at the Council street intersection. Light turns green he goes straight, passes more cars while on the shoulder and expects someone to let him in….all because he likely didnt want to wait behind all the extra cars sitting at the light because Collins is now being used as a detour for road construction.

ADVERTISEMENT