ADVERTISEMENT

Not to be outdone by Texas, DeSantis joins in

Dude I live in San Antonio so spare me the criminals crap. I was in Eagle Pass last week and Laredo the week before, I see it first hand. The amount of human trafficking is insane. I’ll give you an example, a month ago I was getting ready for work and 2, yes 2 Life Flights land in the field behind me. A smuggler was trying to outrun a sheriff and crashed on the interstate near me. 11 people got thrown out of a truck. 11 people out of a F150, not even sure how that’s possible without stacking them in the bed.

So is a brown person a criminal in that case? Sure as hell yes!

Dude I live in San Antonio so spare me the criminals crap. I was in Eagle Pass last week and Laredo the week before, I see it first hand. The amount of human trafficking is insane. I’ll give you an example, a month ago I was getting ready for work and 2, yes 2 Life Flights land in the field behind me. A smuggler was trying to outrun a sheriff and crashed on the interstate near me. 11 people got thrown out of a truck. 11 people out of a F150, not even sure how that’s possible without stacking them in the bed.

So is a brown person a criminal in that case? Sure as hell yes!

That must have been a trying time for you.

Reactions: Hi Felicia
That must have been a trying time for you.
What?! You mean you think the guy that posted Simpsons meme 30 minutes prior may not be sincere about his concern?

Here is how I feel about the situation: every day the Republicans lose 10,000 plus voters with their embarrassing behaviors and overall hypocrisy. A storm is coming for them. They are becoming a joke and pariahs

Wow they fed them some dinner! How nice.

Everyone alive knows damn well these liberal elites, during their private cocktail parties, are telling all their friends can’t wait to get these folks out of their community. Well unless they can get them to clean their pool, watch their kids, or clean their homes that is. Then they are cool with it.

Wow they fed them some dinner! How nice.

Everyone alive knows damn well these liberal elites, during their private cocktail parties, are telling all their friends can’t wait to get these folks out of their community. Well unless they can get them to clean their pool, watch their kids, or clean their homes that is. Then they are cool with it.
23... is this your new screen name?

It's been referenced in many articles since these began by the State of Texas.

If you think state officials aren't obtaining signed consent forms prior to transporting these folks, then you're dumber than I thought.

They are undoubtedly covering all legal bases to ensure the Biden DOJ has no recourse.
You're talking about Red Meat Ron who has constantly covered his bases well enough to get multiple laws deemed unconstitutional by the courts.

You can't possibly be dumber than I have thought you to be.

You know that one of the governors will send another group to Martha’s Vineyard. With the media coverage it got they for sure will do it.

I’m hoping the end result will be MSM coverage of what is happening at the border and the humanitarian crisis there

You know that one of the governors will send another group to Martha’s Vineyard. With the media coverage it got they for sure will do it.

I’m hoping the end result will be MSM coverage of what is happening at the border and the humanitarian crisis there

Which governor wouldn’t want headlines like this?

Reactions: RileyHawk
So illegal immigration has only recently become an acute problem within the last 18 months? Are you kidding me? That's intellectually lazy and partisan. Let's lay the blame where it belongs, at the feet of the federal government for many decades. What is Congress doing about it? Any meaningful legislation to address the issues? The Dem House has drafted legislation recently but the Senate refuses to consider it. So it just drags on and on with no meaningful reforms or change to process. Lean on your legislators to find a bipartisan solution, although I'm skeptical that's even possible in the current political environment.

A couple of facts regarding illegal immigrants in the US:

1. The number of illegal immigrants in this country peaked in 2007, nearly 15 years ago.

2. The majority of illegal immigrants here entered this country lawfully on work visas and overstayed their time allowed.

3. Illegals contribute to economic growth, contribute more in tax revenues than they collect, lower the domestic prices of the goods and services they provide and commit less crimes than native citizens.
Blah blah blah blah... Nobody claimed it was an acute problem over the last 18 months, I said it has increased over the last 18 months, get your shit straight. Why won't the Senate consider a house bill, you control both? I haven't read it; but my guess is if a Dem controlled Senate won't even look at it then it's hot partisan garbage that would never pass.

I seem to recall a proposal to give 1.8 million illegals that included 700K dreamers a path to citizenship in exchange for border wall funding(you know the whole give and take thing); but since the Dems were so dead set against giving the "orange one" any type of win it wasn't going anywhere. So take you partisan politics claim a shove it, you have no high ground to stand on.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Blah blah blah blah... Nobody claimed it was an acute problem over the last 18 months, I said it has increased over the last 18 months, get your shit straight. Why won't the Senate consider a house bill, you control both? I haven't read it; but my guess is if a Dem controlled Senate won't even look at it then it's hot partisan garbage that would never pass.

I seem to recall a proposal to give 1.8 million illegals that included 700K dreamers a path to citizenship in exchange for border wall funding(you know the whole give and take thing); but since the Dems were so dead set against giving the "orange one" any type of win it wasn't going anywhere. So take you partisan politics claim a shove it, you have no high ground to stand on.
You mean "the wall" that was a sham? That wall? SMFH

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Just want to put this here

Many rightly pointed out that the political point came at the expense of vulnerable migrants who had already been through a tremendously arduous journey – but some of the details of the transport may surprise you. For starters, many of the migrants were appreciative of the ride.

Your link doesn't say what you think it says. It clearly calls what DeSantis and Abbott are doing stunts and cynical and also shreds the lie being perpetuated that these people are here illegally. If you think this supports your position, you need to re read your source material.
Many of them were thankful for the ride. Lmao. Thankful.

As for the illegal vs legal aspect. These folks are given court dates. The article Says it takes on average 3 years to have their cases resolved. Under Trump, 70% were rejected for asylum. 70%. Under Biden it says that 40% are rejected.

So what happens with that 40% Huey? The Biden administration has already said they won’t deport immigrants solely because they are illegals.

So those 40% stay

Just want to put this here

Many rightly pointed out that the political point came at the expense of vulnerable migrants who had already been through a tremendously arduous journey – but some of the details of the transport may surprise you. For starters, many of the migrants were appreciative of the ride.
It's weird having you declare your heavy support of asylum while linking an article that says this:

"During the Trump administration, the rate of denial was over 70%, but during the first year of the Biden administration the grant rate grew to nearly 40%."

Are they being forced on the buses and planes? No, they are not
Anger at the stunts is in part also fed by the idea that the people are being forced onto buses. That is not true, as CNN’s Gary Tuchman found when he visited a shelter in Eagle Pass, Texas, in August.

Ad feedback
He met asylum-seekers planning to meet up with family and friends already spread around the country. Other migrants coming to the US without somewhere to go were happy for the free trip.

Are they being forced on the buses and planes? No, they are not
Anger at the stunts is in part also fed by the idea that the people are being forced onto buses. That is not true, as CNN’s Gary Tuchman found when he visited a shelter in Eagle Pass, Texas, in August.

Ad feedback
He met asylum-seekers planning to meet up with family and friends already spread around the country. Other migrants coming to the US without somewhere to go were happy for the free trip.

Also,

Many are broke but aren’t allowed to work for 180 days. They also can’t even get a work permit in NYC for a year

What happens after the bus ride?
A week after their bus trip, Tuchman found Pulido and his cousin in Chicago, where they had met up with relatives, were sheltered in a small, shared apartment and were looking for work in a restaurant. They likely can’t legally work for at least 180 days, according to rules posted on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Many of them were thankful for the ride. Lmao. Thankful.

As for the illegal vs legal aspect. These folks are given court dates. The article Says it takes on average 3 years to have their cases resolved. Under Trump, 70% were rejected for asylum. 70%. Under Biden it says that 40% are rejected.

So what happens with that 40% Huey? The Biden administration has already said they won’t deport immigrants solely because they are illegals.

So those 40% stay
If they can get reunited with family members of course they will be thankful. But if I'm trying to reunite with family members through Boston and instead get sent to Martha's, how is that helpful?

Reactions: Joes Place
Also,

Many are broke but aren’t allowed to work for 180 days. They also can’t even get a work permit in NYC for a year

What happens after the bus ride?
A week after their bus trip, Tuchman found Pulido and his cousin in Chicago, where they had met up with relatives, were sheltered in a small, shared apartment and were looking for work in a restaurant. They likely can’t legally work for at least 180 days, according to rules posted on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.
You're broke, can't work, and were just sent to a place you didn't want to go for a political stunt. How does this help your situation?

ADVERTISEMENT