ADVERTISEMENT

Not to be outdone by Texas, DeSantis joins in

It's weird having you declare your heavy support of asylum while linking an article that says this:

"During the Trump administration, the rate of denial was over 70%, but during the first year of the Biden administration the grant rate grew to nearly 40%."
So approval rate was 30% for Trump and it's 40% for Biden? I would have guessed there would be a bigger difference...

Many of them were thankful for the ride. Lmao. Thankful.

As for the illegal vs legal aspect. These folks are given court dates. The article Says it takes on average 3 years to have their cases resolved. Under Trump, 70% were rejected for asylum. 70%. Under Biden it says that 40% are rejected.

So what happens with that 40% Huey? The Biden administration has already said they won’t deport immigrants solely because they are illegals.

So those 40% stay
So?

Are they being forced on the buses and planes? No, they are not
Anger at the stunts is in part also fed by the idea that the people are being forced onto buses. That is not true, as CNN’s Gary Tuchman found when he visited a shelter in Eagle Pass, Texas, in August.

Ad feedback
He met asylum-seekers planning to meet up with family and friends already spread around the country. Other migrants coming to the US without somewhere to go were happy for the free trip.
They are being lured with lies. JFC.

You're broke, can't work, and were just sent to a place you didn't want to go for a political stunt. How does this help your situation?
The main point I’m trying to make through all of this is that the political stunt is intended to highlight the main issues. There is a very big humanitarian crisis right now.

For some reason your side can’t get past the stunt….but think about these 50 people if they weren’t sent to Martha’s Vineyard.

If I believed in Satan, I guess I'd be offended. But I don't, so I'm not. Show me where I'm wrong. Show me this is how Jesus would treat these people.
If you don’t believe in Satan, you don’t believe in Jesus. I have neither the time or the inclination to explain myself to you.

The main point I’m trying to make through all of this is that the political stunt is intended to highlight the main issues. There is a very big humanitarian crisis right now.

For some reason your side can’t get past the stunt….but think about these 50 people if they weren’t sent to Martha’s Vineyard.
The main point is that the Rs don't care about the human side of this. They care about scoring political points. You really think Abbott or DeSantis took these people to Chicago, DC, or Martha because they thought it would better lead to asylum? Hell no. They wanted to pull a stunt.

While this is front page news.

Shit like this barely causes a ripple...

Nearly 750 migrants have died at the southern border this fiscal year, a record that surpasses last year’s total by more than 200 people, according to Department of Homeland Security figures shared with CNN

This story is from a week ago.

Reactions: Hi Felicia
You know illegals take jobs no American would.

Did you ever stop to consider what those jobs would pay if illegals weren't available to take them?,... Americans would take those jobs with higher pay and the entire country would benefit from the result.

Did you ever stop to consider what those jobs would pay if illegals weren't available to take them?,... Americans would take those jobs with higher pay and the entire country would benefit from the result.
LOL - they would benefit by paying more which no one wants to do. That's the crux of the issue. That and the fact that Americans can get better/easier jobs for more pay so they don't need to do that work instead.

You right wingers are funny, in one breath you say "pay more and Americans will do those jobs" and in the very next breath say "we're paying people too much and it causes inflation". JFC.

The main point is that the Rs don't care about the human side of this. They care about scoring political points. You really think Abbott or DeSantis took these people to Chicago, DC, or Martha because they thought it would better lead to asylum? Hell no. They wanted to pull a stunt.
You are missing that point that the Ds have turned a blind eye to what is happening daily at the border. You are fixated on them taking them to other places yet have no concern about what is happening at the border

You do realize that the democrat mayor of El Paso also is sending them out on charter buses.

Reactions: Gimmered
You are missing that point that the Ds have turned a blind eye to what is happening daily at the border. You are fixated on them taking them to other places yet have no concern about what is happening at the border

You do realize that the democrat mayor of El Paso also is sending them out on charter buses.
He is not lying to them about where they are going or that they will get expedited work papers. He's also not doing it in secret and surprising the communities where they're being sent. Willfully ignoring these factors demonstrates what a piece of shit you are.

If they can get reunited with family members of course they will be thankful. But if I'm trying to reunite with family members through Boston and instead get sent to Martha's, how is that helpful?

That's valid,.. But with future deliveries to Martha's Vineyard the desired family reunions can commence in that location.

No . They are crap jobs Americans wouldn’t consider. Picking tomatoes will never pay well.

We can all spend more on the things that we purchase in support of higher wages for the working class, or we can contribute our money to the government to fund all sorts of hand outs that offset the low wages paid to these individuals, to the benefit of the employers who exploit them,... The current system provides a socially funded game board for the elites to play on.

We can all spend more on the things that we purchase in support of higher wages for the working class, or we can contribute our money to the government to fund all sorts of hand outs that offset the low wages paid to these individuals, to the benefit of the employers who exploit them,... The current system provides a socially funded game board for the elites to play on.

Half the GOP wants the issue to bash Dems with; the other half wants the cheap labor. Nothing will get done because there are no incentives to change.

Start arresting some c-suite execs for immigration violations and one of those things will change.

Half the GOP wants the issue to bash Dems with; the other half wants the cheap labor. Nothing will get done because there are no incentives to change. Start arresting some c-suite execs for immigration violations and one of those things will change.

The desire for cheap labor cuts across all parties,.. Democrat vs Republican is nothing more than a game for the masses to play while the elites work at remaining elite,.. I agree, strict control of the employment process would be the single biggest fix that could be employed to address illegal immigration,.. Jail time for law breaking employers.

“The plane probably had snacks/water” - ihhhawk
Hey, look how beautiful! Boats, beaches…even a lighthouse. Americans would kill for a vacation like these people got.
-also ihhawk
edgartown_lighthouse_martha_s_vineyard.jpg

Reactions: Hi Felicia
I disagree. A portion of the GOP - your MTG types - don’t want any immigrant brown or black people in America, cheap labor or not.
Oh, they do

They just want them as an effective "slave" class.

You know....like the Constitutional "originalists" wanted it.

ADVERTISEMENT